• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I mean I don't know what people expected from a Joker movie, I would expect exactly what that spoiler is.

It's completely dependent on how the movie frames it (i.e. Incel the movie)
If everything else in the movie is fine, that individual plot point would only be a bit problematic with that character being the only woman and serving only to help Joker's arc. I suspect that the script has way more problems than that, though, and that plot point is symptomatic of some larger issues. That plot point alone wouldn't be worth causing some drama over.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
The scrambled plot point isn't really an issue. This isn't Captain America and plenty of movies get made about shitty people. It's the rest that worries me.

Nov 11, 2017
If this film has character development, and a begining, middle, and end, it will be beter than most films today by default.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's rumored Joker is an incel in this upcoming movie

23482.jpg

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
But the dude on Twitter who rott13'd the spoiler also said earlier:

so the plot point he's talking about hopefully doesn't exist in the final film because if it does, woof.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I posted in the trailer thread that this movie could very likely fall into worshipping an incel like horrible character and people were quick to defend it. So yeah, this is a yikes to me. They fell really into what makes the Joker such a bad character these days.

And next year they're possibly making a movie about a villain that is a cult-of-personality like authoritarian dictator strong man figure that somehow DC plays as a MORALLY gray character. And I don't expect it to be any better, expect a bunch of people to start worshipping Black Adam because "wow so badass he kills all the villains and is nationalistic".

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the rot13 thing. Uh, no shit? He's a bad dude. I dont get why people are freaking out there is gonna be some bad shit in a movie about a bad guy, lol

Unless they make him sympathetic

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
So we don't know if this was the pitched script or the shooting script and we do know they were changing things on the fly while shooting.

Wait and see....

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the rot13 thing. Uh, no shit? He's a bad dude. I dont get why people are freaking out there is gonna be some bad shit in a movie about a bad guy, lol
The Concern is turning Joker into a sympathetic guy who is turned into a monster so we are supposed to feel bad for him. There are enough shitty people out there that wont view him as a monster and in fact will root for him and think he is the answer to the "problem"

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018

Unless they make him sympathetic
you should consider moving past "joker is bad" and realize killing off your principal woman lead in service to some "spurned psychotic" narrative thread is troublesome.

especially if it ends up being zazie beetz's character

zazie is fuckin' black

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I wont lie that I thought the trailer looked pretty good, but not good enough to dissuade my concern over the possible attempts to portray the psychotic murder clown as a sympathetic character.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I think no matter what, some people are going to feel like they are Joker and all that makes the joker was someone else's undoing and not their own.

I figured the movie was going to be a fragile man has one bad day maybe week and it turns him into well, the joker. But if people can see a hero in Tyler Durden, they will see a hero in joker.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it includes "problematic" elements, or it's actually bad? Sounds like some overreaction to me. I guess we'll see when it actually comes out.
I don't know seems that's what serial killers do. How does one scene make for a bad movie?

I'm not really excited for this movie. I don't need to see a psychotic serial killer as a protagonist.

But one bad scene doesn't mean the movie is bad.
Something "problematic" was in my movie about a psychotic villain?? How dare they!

Deleted member 8117

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the idea of Joker as a pathetic incel tbh. If framed right, it could be the perfect the slap to all the weirdos obsessed with him.

Oct 27, 2017
Couldnt care less about that plot point. Joker is a bad guy. Problem for me is who is directing it and my lack of trust in him to not botch it all. The trailer was pretty great, but it wouldn't be the first time a bad movie had an exceptional trailer. Will wait and see.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
It's like people forgot what the trailer looked like. It was trying to show Joker as sad and sympathetic. And now this plot point? I didn't have hope before, but LMAO

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couldnt care less about that plot point. Joker is a bad guy. Problem for me is who is directing it and my lack of trust in him to not botch it all. The trailer was pretty great, but it wouldn't be the first time a bad movie had an exceptional trailer. Will wait and see.
I'd prefer the film "Woker," where his origin is that he is driven to madness and villainy by the widening wealth gap and the election of Trump.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
so the problematic elements. is it him killing her because she rejected his advances or is it because she finds him to be a general psycho? there is a difference.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
This is bullshit man! These fucking weirdos and incels are fucking up everything. I want the Joker who beat someone with a crowbar and I can't get this because some fucking weirdos are going to take the wrong lessons. I don't want to feel sorry for this Joker he is evil, let him do evil shit! At the end of the movie I want say "I can't wait for Batman beat your ass!"

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why anyone thought Todd Phillips would deliver. People were really hyped about Phoenix I guess but he has been in plenty of shit movies so him being in a film doesn't guarantee quality.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
If it's bad then it's bad. But if they're having a fit just because of that specific plot point then that's pretty myopic but expected from the geek media

Trailer was good and I'm rooting for it cuz Phoenix is so dope and he would kill it with this role. But seeing as Todd Phillips made it I'm more inclined to trust that the script really is basura

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is bullshit man! These fucking weirdos and incels are fucking up everything. I want the Joker who beat someone with a crowbar and I can't get this because some fucking weirdos are going to take the wrong lessons. I don't want to feel sorry for this Joker he is evil, let him do evil shit! At the end of the movie I want say "I can't wait for Batman beat your ass!"
The Joker would probably be saying the same thing. 😆