• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Wouldn't be surprised if true.
Not the right character for a solo film told from his pov.
And not the right director.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hmm not sure how a man who dresses as a bat to fight other people in costumes over a childhood trauma could be labelled as "insane" but willing to consider it
Why people only do this to Batman? A teenager dressing as a spider because his uncle died is as crazy as Batman.

And nah, the idea that The Joker is "the sane one" is a pretty meh way of looking at the character. He's a villain that tortures and kill people for no reason. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
I'm looking forward to it.
50404.jpg

S I C K O

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Why people only do this to Batman? A teenager dressing as a spider because his uncle died is as crazy as Batman.

And nah, the idea that The Joker is "the sane one" is a pretty meh way of looking at the character. He's a villain that tortures and kill people for no reason. lol

Batman didn't have any powers thrust upon him, you see

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

That's the one major thing I didn't want in this movie rofl. That's literally what I was just thinking about turning me off from the movie. Bruh, this better not be true lol.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Source on that? That sounds so horrible that I need more.

Just remembering it coming up in a few other threads about this film. Don't know how real these are (one's a 4chan leak FFS) and how well they sync up to what we know about the movie now...

Leaked plot outline from the anonymous hacker known as 4chan

>Arthur starts out as a comedian who does a lot of shady stuff on the side (sees prostitutes mainly), the guy is described as a failed and poor comedian and a person overall but is mainly delusional and desperate
>Arthur's never had a girlfriend or wife, there are two women in his life - a prostitute who he thinks IS his girlfriend and his mother
>After being rejected so many times and failing as a comedian, he sinks to being a clown (which is looked down upon as the lowest of the low in his circle)
>Arthur's turn comes when his mother dies and reveals he is the lovechild of Thomas Wayne and he takes part in a bank robbery where he is used as the fall guy
>Failing at comedy and rejected by a local comedy club promoter, his darker side comes out when he threatens to hurt the family of a producer-type where he manages to use TV to captivate people pitting the poor against the rich he kills the family - the joke being that they had painless deaths
>Thomas Wayne is not a bad person but because of Arthur's bitterness - he uses the Joker character to completely absorb himself into it and it influences the whole city
>Everything leads up to two points
>Revealing to the world - his grand joke or his ace up the sleeve
>and the death of Thomas Wayne and his wife (not by him - but because of the influence has on people)
>After he is arrested and does a lot of interviews from Prison
I don't know if either is true, but some of the details line up with this plot leak from July.

+Joker being Bruce's half brother
+Mother dies
+Thomas Wayne playing a role

Of course maybe this leak is just built on that last one, but some details are different in both. I think the big twist on the character is fairly pointless, maybe it will work better in context.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
that text leak pretty much confirms this movie is gonna be an incel's wet dream

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Going by the trailer I thought the mother would be the most important female character...

Unless....

They're one and the same....

Oh no...

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Not that I have a lot of hope for this movie because Todd Phillips hasn't really impressed me in the past, but I don't really see the big issue with that spoiler plot point.

Joker is a villain and a psychotic killer, of course he kills people for a perceived slight to himself. Sure, incels and other internet weirdos might get the wrong ideas from the movie, but that is the case with every movie that ever existed that features a villainous character as the main character.

Plenty of idiots agree with characters like Tyler Durden and Robert De Niro's characters from Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy and American History X is huge with neo-Nazi groups. That doesn't suddenly make those movies bad.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something always felt off about the reveal trailer. I assumed it was one of those all-revealing trailers and it felt that they didn't give Joker enough motivation or relatable sides for me to care (guy got bullied a bit and had a messy love life, now he's a serial killer because that's the next logical next step?). If the bits and pieces coming out of this script are true... yikes.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Are people seriously not getting the problem lies in the fact that

the only major female character in the movie exists to be killed by the Joker and motivate his character arc?

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I have a lot of hope for this movie because Todd Phillips hasn't really impressed me in the past, but I don't really see the big issue with that spoiler plot point.

Joker is a villain and a psychotic killer, of course he kills people for slighting him. Sure, incels and other internet weirdos might get the wrong ideas from the movie, but that is the case with every movie that ever existed that features a villainous character as the main character.

Plenty of idiots like Tyler Durden and Robert De Niro's characters from Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy and American History X is huge with neo-Nazi groups. That doesn't suddenly make those movies bad

Exactly this.

I refuse to let idiots misappropriating things ruin those things. They can't have it.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Are people seriously not getting the problem lies in the fact that

the only major female character in the movie exists to be killed by the Joker and motivate his character arc?

It's a character study.

Every character in this film exists solely for him and his development. That's how it works.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The trailer already frames Joker as someone misunderstood and bullied as justification of the world turning him bad.

It's Joker's version of "one bad day" in The Killing Joke, but without Gordon to refute him by saying having terrible things happen to you doesn't "turn you bad" or justify misanthropic behavior.

I don't think the movie has earned me giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
The trailer already frames Joker as someone misunderstood and bullied as justification of the world turning him bad.

It's Joker's version of "one bad day" in The Killing Joke, but without Gordon to refute him by saying having terrible things happen to you doesn't "turn you bad" or justify misanthropic behavior.

I mean, I took from it that he's already on the edge and gets pushed over it by external factors. Pretty sure the dude antagonizes Zazie Beetz jailed husband. Doing the game of extrapolating shit from trailers is always foolish though.
I mean, yes, that would be the subpoint. It's a lazy, overdone trope that needs to be dead and buried.
Their marketing for this movie is that its applying old cliches into a comic book movie. Like I'm sure they're going to push this as a comic book movie for adults and the numerous parallels and comparisons to Scorsese.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a non spoiler way to explain why the script is bad?

Because that trailer (although vague) seemed pretty dope to me.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually many have. That's what makes Joker/Batman so intriguing, you would say Batman is the insane one and Joker isn't.
Whynotboth.gif
Did you land that gig at MAD magazine?
😂😂😂

Joker is a villain and a psychotic killer, of course he kills people for a perceived slight to himself. Sure, incels and other internet weirdos might get the wrong ideas from the movie, but that is the case with every movie that ever existed that features a villainous character as the main character.

Plenty of idiots agree with characters like Tyler Durden and Robert De Niro's characters from Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy and American History X is huge with neo-Nazi groups. That doesn't suddenly make those movies bad.
Seriously. I don't get the "nothing remotely 'problematic' can appear in movies" attitude.

How's the rest of the script, since it sounds like you know there's no one to give an alternate perspective in there. Maybe there isn't, but no one knows. So the insta-cancellation just seems so weird from this place.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
How's the rest of the script, since it sounds like you know there's no one to give an alternate perspective in there. Maybe there isn't, but no one knows. So the insta-cancellation just seems so weird from this place.
I was speaking on the trailer, and Drew McWeeny is obviously a person that is connected and who I don't expect to be making this up for retweets.

But how about you tell me your unbiased opinion since you seem so desperate to defend a movie you haven't seen either.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
So you had the same take away then?

He gets beat up by bullies twice in the same trailer. It's not hard to see what they want you to pull from it.
I'm saying he's a bad dude that you can feel sorry for and that doesn't mean you're endorsing him murdering people. Also I gave you evidence that he's already a shitheel since we're playing trailer detective.

It's clear you have some weird axe to grind.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Are we seriously basing a movie on a possibly leaked scripts(that could easily be fake) that change often and a lot of times quotes and story points aren't in the actual movie? Really ? This is what yalls negativity has come to?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we seriously basing a movie on a possibly leaked scripts(that could easily be fake) that change often and a lot of times quotes and story points aren't in the actual movie? Really ? This is what yalls negativity has come to?

The guy who leaked this is credible and was the first person way back who leaked that BvS was hot garbage.