• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have finally come around to watch my Season 01 Blu-Ray of Rebels and while I thought that it was overall damn good, the finale two-parter espescially stood out. It was everything it needs to have a great Star Wars movie/series. A great attack on a imperial base, well made lightsaber action, tension and a small space battle in the end. Really, really loved Tarkin and while I am sad that the Inquisitor is gone (loved that guy, he looked freaking horrifying and was menacing, I just cant wait to see what havoc Vader will cause on Lothar. I really was like, yooooo, yooooooo when he finally came of the shuttle.

giphy.gif

I expected him to show up for the whole season but this way it was waaaay better executed. Really cant wait to see him in the next season interacting with Kanan and Ezra.

Also I really loved the Vulcron reveal. Didnt saw that coming, I placed high bets on the contact of the rebel cell beeing Beil Organa and I really jumped of my seat when I saw Ahsoka. I always expected her to show up somewhere mid season 02, but I love it that way much more. Really need to read the Ahsoka novel now :D

Cant wait to continue tomorow with the second season, ordered the Blu-Ray right after I finished.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It only gets better. Season 2 finale is some top-tier Star Wars. Seasons 3 and 4 are good too.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
If you are bought in now, you are in for a treat with the next three seasons. There is some real wonderful stuff in Rebels

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, if you want the full experience, read Kanan and the Servants of the Empire books before season 2, Leia: Princess of Alderaan halfway through season 2, Thrawn before season 3, and Thrawn: Alliances before season 4.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
It was intense but personally, I think the best episode of the first season if then they visit the Jedi Temple in Lothal.

OP
OP
GAMEPROFF

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
By the way, if you want the full experience, read Kanan and the Servants of the Empire books before season 2, Leia: Princess of Alderaan halfway through season 2, Thrawn before season 3, and Thrawn: Alliances before season 4.
not interrupting the shows as long as I have avaiable discs to watch, but I will definitly read the Thrawn novel afterwards. Also, I may reread the Kanan comic.

It was intense but personally, I think the best episode of the first season if then they visit the Jedi Temple in Lothal.
that one was damn great, too. It suffered just a bit for me, that I was aware that everything was just a illusion and the actual trial, but this didnt mattered that much.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Clone Wars/ Rebels is great. Filoni really knows his stuff.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on S2, OP.

OP
OP
GAMEPROFF

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am not a that big fan of Chopper, since he is so much the comedic relief and is often over-expressing over that, but I really like that we have a new line of b-tier cheaper Astromechs introduced. Cant all be those extremly pricy-shiney R-Series models, I guess :D

Season 2 Finale is one the reasons why Filoni deserves to direct his own movie
yeah, damn. I want that! Give him the Obi-Wan movie

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rebels and Clone Wars are the only true things in the franchise that can be genuinely called "great".

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Lucasfilm: "So in this new era of star wars there is only one rule, there's no new era, everything you do has to be a callback to the OT and the OT only"

Filoni: "Fuck you, I do what I want" *Grabs Legends Characters and runs*

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yep.

Rebels is freaking good. When the inquisitor makes the choice because "its better than facing failure with him". Vader in Rebels is fucking scary

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
By chance have you also watched Clone Wars? It really makes a big difference season 2 and on.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I really wasn't crazy about Rebels. I watched CW every week it aired, but with Rebels I just wait for the Blus to come out and binge it. Just a lot of meandering episodes to me. CW had those too, don't get me wrong, but I didn't dislike them as much for some reason.

Season 2 was on par with CW tho. So good. Vader showing up across the whole season really brought it up a notch.

OP
OP
GAMEPROFF

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That moment, where he attacks the whole phoenix-fleet, destroys all but two A-Wings, blows the command ship up and almost gets the rebels.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Season 1 was really great with a focused narrative and lower episode count. There's some stinker episodes that really kill the pacing of the series and are difficult to watch, but when Rebels hits its highs it's great.

I'd say season 3 is probably the weakest, but it finishes on a nice note and when it finally finished I was quite sad it was over. We got some great moments out of it.
Just a lot of meandering episodes to me. CW had those too, don't get me wrong, but I didn't dislike them as much for some reason.
I feel the same. I think The Clone Wars being a anthology series for the mostpart, rather than a narrative on the same set of characters like Rebels is the whole time made it less jarring when it did less interesting episodes/arcs. It's a real shame.
That moment, where he attacks the whole phoenix-fleet, destroys all but two A-Wings, blows the command ship up and almost gets the rebels.
Yeah that was great. They did an amazing job of depicting Vader as a unstoppable force not just on the ground, but in the air too living up to the pilot Anakin was.

This was awhile before Rogue One too so it was great to see at the time.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All four season finales and their build up are top notch, really. But S2 is off the charts. 3 is also great though. And so is the series finale.

OP
OP
GAMEPROFF

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
please dont spoil me on this if this is true or not, but I already feel bad for not having Ahsoka around for season 3. She is so great already.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, I thought Rebels was pretty disappointing from the start. There are only a few episode that I would call good or great.

Clone Wars is great tho.

OP
OP
GAMEPROFF

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I just realized, that Sith Inquisitor was more willing to fall into death then to report to Vader about his failings