• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this just the Access trial version?

10 hour trial, i believe, yes. Game will hit the vault mid 2018 onwards i would guess, probably later. They will want to rack in some sales first, this is no Mass Effect Andromeda.

EDIT: Full tweet even says progress carry out to the full game if you decide to buy. It's obviously just the trial as expected.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
EA's best deal was when they gave out The Sims 2 with all it's DLC out for free awhile back.

That game holds up pretty damn well graphics wise and with all its DLC it's still a pretty great game.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm so disappointed - this feels terrible on console. They've made zero effort to optimize it for a gamepad. You're literally moving an on screen cursor around for most of the input, it's bad. The menus including the options screen look identical to the pc, it's so damn lazy.

I expected more from EA given how popular Sims is. I think I'll have to cancel my preorder if possible.

lastplayed

Oct 25, 2017
Christchurch, New Zealand
I'm so disappointed - this feels terrible on console. They've made zero effort to optimize it for a gamepad. You're literally moving an on screen cursor around for most of the input, it's bad. The menus including the options screen look identical to the pc, it's so damn lazy.

I expected more from EA given how popular Sims is. I think I'll have to cancel my preorder if possible.
Hmm that's disappointing. So is it just not fun to play? I'm willing to overlook a clunky control scheme if the rest of the game is ok.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hmm that's disappointing. So is it just not fun to play? I'm willing to overlook a clunky control scheme if the rest of the game is ok.
I mean it's the Sims 4 so it's still a good game but it's literally like they've just dumped the PC version on a console. The UI and menus are identical and the left stick just controls an on screen cursor - it's the laziest stuff. Even to the point where you push the cursor to the edge and it pans the camera - actual cursor edge panning on a console game.

It feels like I'm playing it through my Steam Link or something rather than an actual console game.