• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
This is old news actually.

Link: http://sea.ign.com/m/league-of-legends/135246/news/2018-asian-games-announces-esports-titles

Remember, this is an event held by the Olympic Council of Asia.

The six games for the event.

The AeSF (Asian Esports Federation) confirmed that League of Legends, Starcraft II, Hearthstone, Pro Evolution Soccer, Clash Royale and Arena of Valor will be the official game titles showcased for the upcoming Asian Games which will be held from 18th August to 2nd September later this year.

How to participate:

Even though the game titles have been announced, there is still no official information regarding how players can qualify for the event or how the tournament will be structured. However, with the event fast approaching, you can definitely expect more news on the teams and players who will play in the tournament.

Some community discussions may arise over some titles being left out:

Though all platforms are well represented in this event with each having at least 1 game to their name, some may still question the AeSF's decision on their game titles. Leaving out major games such as Counter Strike: Global Offensive, DotA 2 or even Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, the most played MOBA mobile game in Indonesia, is an interesting decision and will spark discussions in the esports community.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome! It's finally happening.

Surprised no Counter-Strike, but I imagine it will probably be Olympic next time.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PES over FIFA is kind of interesting, otherwise good, unsurprising choices for an Asian event

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if i get more surprised that Clash Royale is in or that people will watch other people playing Clash Royale