• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the dev posted on the old place, and I hope he/she migrated over. Haven't played much, but it is gorgeous and I hope to jump in more now that the weather is getting shitty.

Also, glad that we all have a new place. Cheers to all involved.

Theodoricos

Oct 25, 2017
The Solus Project is an amazing and beautiful game that deserved more attention than it ultimately got. Incredibly atmospheric, especially once you start digging into the mystery at the heart of its story. Definitely keep playing it - it gets better with each chapter.

I don't even enjoy survival games, yet it somehow managed to become one of my favorite games of the past year. As a sci-fi fan, I was not disappointed.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a horror survival or pure survival? I'm a scaredy cat.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been keeping my eye on it for a long time now. I'll honestly pick it up in a sale, but I actually haven't heard about it at all.

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a blast in VR, especially since they've implemented support for Touch controllers.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a horror survival or pure survival? I'm a scaredy cat.

Mostly just exploration and survival, with a few scary parts and a frequently creepy atmosphere. As a scaredy cat myself I'd say you can play through it fine.

This is one of my favorite games that really isn't as well known as it should be. I played it on a normal monitor last year and now that I have a Vive plan to play it again in VR!

Theodoricos

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the game has a creepy atmosphere and some disturbing parts, but it mercifully doesn't have jump scares of any kind. I would definitely not call it horror. Just pure survival.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I had purchased this when it was early access and it was a bit rough so I refunded it. It had a really slow start. Did it get better?

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
The main person behind the game is also interesting. Sjoerd De Jong AKA Hourences. Has been working with Unreal Engine of different iterations for years. Self-taught, as far as I can tell. The game is mostly made by him and only a few other people. He even was invited to Epic once as a long-time fan of the engine and a cool dev.

Oct 27, 2017
It's great on PSVR and was good of the developer to add the pro patch. However I haven't played that much because I believe it could be much better if they add DS4 support.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed this in VR. Exploring caves with a torch in hand and a mystery to uncover was great. I was't really paying attention to the blue beacons when playing so the end was a bit of a chore.

mugendee

Oct 25, 2017
I played about an hour and a bit in VR. It was pretty decent. When the weather turned bad for the first time, it was a pretty intense experience. I have not played in since launch though, has there been some good patches for any issues? It was a lil clunky at points but not game breaking

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I've been meaning to get to it, but just haven't. Had to delete it to free up some space recently, but I'll surely re-download it someday. It looked interesting, and the little bit I played elsewhere was decent.

I'm just worried it'll be too slow/methodical/puzzle heavy.