• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
http://collider.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-adam-pally-neal-mcdonough/

Collider released a scoop today confirming two more actors for the movie, Neal Mcdonough and Adam Pally. McDonough has made numerous appearances in CW's Arrowverse, among many other films, while Pally is coming off a string of indie hits. Both actors have appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

We also have some solid details on the plot of the film:

"Marsden will play a small-town cop from South Dakota who ends up going on a road trip to San Francisco with Sonic the Hedgehog as they race against the evil Dr. Robotnik (Carrey) to recover Sonic's rings. Pally will play a fellow cop, while McDonough's role remains under wraps."

The movie stars Ben Schwartz as Sonic, Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, James Marsden as Doug, and Tika Sumpter as the female human lead.

Last edited:

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic's ring's.

I'm guessing the people writing this have the tiniest of knowledge of the sonic series.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sounds like Looney Tunes Back in Action, but with people with the knowledge of the characters of Space Jam

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, Robotnik took my rings! That's not yeet or on fleek! Hashtag. - a line from this movie probably

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
rO0UWyN3bNByTgcLestdkWm2298=.gif

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Someone please tell me I'm in a coma and this isn't actually happening. Sega puts waaaaaay to much effort in making sure people don't like the franchise.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
I remember when Sonic Generations came out, figured they had the franchise back on track... Then lost world, boom, forces.... What is Sega trying to do to the Sonic Franchise? The only thing good to come from the franchise is the fans that got involved with it--- Everyone behind Mania and Mania Adventures, and the meme machine that is Ruby Eclipse. Everything else.... has been questionable. Why are try trying to do a Dragon Ball Evolution right now?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this trainwreck is just mediocre in the Ratchet and Clank movie way (because I actually enjoyed that one!) and not completely unwatchable garbage like it sounds like it could be from that plot.

Someone please tell me I'm in a coma and this isn't actually happening. Sega puts waaaaaay to much effort in making sure people don't like the franchise.
Tbf, I highly doubt Sega has much/any involvement in this beyond accepting the money from the movie studio.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
- Sonic can run from South Dakota to San Fran in a minute, the fuck is he on a road trip for
- Sonic is canonically anti-cop
-- there is only one variation of "blue lives matter" in this context that won't make my eyes roll out of my head. they will not use the correct one
- seriously what the hell is Tika Sumpter doing in this movie I will never not be confused by this
- they're obviously saving Chaos Emeralds for the sequel guys, gotta keep the stakes low at first so they can escalate

Oct 28, 2017
I remember when Sonic Generations came out, figured they had the franchise back on track... Then lost world, boom, forces.... What is Sega trying to do to the Sonic Franchise? The only thing good to come from the franchise is the fans that got involved with it--- Everyone behind Mania and Mania Adventures, and the meme machine that is Ruby Eclipse. Everything else.... has been questionable. Why are try trying to do a Dragon Ball Evolution right now?
It's heartbreaking. It really is. First Colours then Generations. I was sure Sonic Team had it figured out. Now we're in the darkest period for mainline Sonic. It's depressing.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh God they're totally gonna make a pun on blue lives matter...

They're gonna fucking do it. Quote me on this.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Sounds crazy, but I'm lowkey glad Forces was so garbage so they can stop boost gameplay. That said, Unleashed Day/Colors/Generations werent bad

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Where is that Sonic ACAB picture when you most needed it