• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with his hands

R4Qy.gif

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How can Sega keep fucking up everything Sonic? It's actually impressive

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Detective Pikachu vs realistic Sonic is the perfect modern metaphor for Mario 64 vs... Sonic R?

And I say this as a Sega fan.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
The marketing is fucked, they should have shown the full design, right now... They were hoping to do some teasing, and now people are just dreading the reveal.
And show us Jim Carrey as Eggman too.

Oct 25, 2017
I see we're on track for the legendary trainwreck this will be..

Oh and be sure to stick around for the reveal of Sonic Team's equally frightening tie-in game, I'm sure.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God, he's going to look hideous and not in an oddly endearing way like Detective Pikachu. And yet if this movie turns out to be a train wreck like it sounds, then that kinda makes me more interested in seeing it.

Maybe I shouldn't judge before even seeing the first trailer. With my expectations so low I might end up enjoying it.

Oct 25, 2017
Honest to god tried my hardest to complete the rest of his face with the provided dimensions:

aRYABzw.jpg

Looking forward to the official face to see how close/off I was, but this is the closest legitimate approximation I ccould see them doing with the provided contours/facial profile.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I feel like releasing this poster was the wrong choice. Sonic looks pretty bad in a poster where he is the only thing in it and it is dark. With Detective Pikachu they had a whole trailer with Pikachu/Pokemon among the world, in motion and actually lit.

I don't really have any expectations for this film but Sonic will probably look better in the trailer/film than this poster implies.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if this is the result of too much focus testing or no focus testing whatsoever. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up spending a shitload of money re-doing everything with a less horrific design at the 11th hour, like what happened with Monster Trucks.

Detective Pikachu vs realistic Sonic is the perfect modern metaphor for Mario 64 vs... Sonic R?

And I say this as a Sega fan.

Detective Pikachu vs. Sonic is more like Super Mario Galaxy vs. Sonic 2006.