• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
xfVe189.png
lmao

Oct 28, 2017
Making a proposal that "Sonic The *Werehog" would be more apropos used to describe this incarnation of Sonic.
*"wer" being derived from an obsolete English noun for a man

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I remember finding this on dA over ten years ago or some shit

SonicMovie.jpg

Who'd have guessed it would have been the better option.

ALSO WHAT are they gonna do with Sonics eyes lol? Are they gonna give him two creepy small ones or one massive gross one?

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
I think you guys should (re)watch Jim & Andy on Netflix and constantly remind yourself that the next thing after this documentary Jim Carrey did was a Hollywood Sonic The Hedgehog movie playing Dr. Eggman. It makes his tirades and self-indulgence (both in the old footage and the new interview) all the more hilarious.

That documentary was a nightmare to watch, by the way. Makes Carrey look 100% unhinged, and not in a Method Actor way.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The reaction to this is going to be the exact opposite of Detective Pikachu and I cannot wait.

Few types of internet fuckery hit as hard as Sonic fuckery.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I actually had this thought the other day just mulling over the on-the-set shots we've seen. Like.. it's all some kind of weird decoy and they're actually making a fully animated Pixar type thing.

I still believe that this will be live action. But, I'm still skeptical on Sonic's appearance in that teaser. I, mean, before the teaser, everyone was already saying that Sonic will look awful. Why not just roll with it before the actual reveal? Show an awful looking teaser and then, BAM! "Sonic actually looks good bitches!".

Edit: I'm still not getting my hopes up that the movie will be good. Just that Sonic won't look stupid. LOL.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The elbows and knees creep me out.

A big part of me thinks that Sonic is being held aloft entirely by Smash Bros and the Olympic Games series.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this terrifying monstrosity on Twitter. I hope the final design is nothing like this, but this is what I fully expect.

DuHZ0LuWoAAg7_L.jpg:large

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

He says the cgi hybrird wilp be like guardians of the galaxy

Completly missing the piont

Rocket raccon exist in a comic universe with by comic standard realistic people

Sonic lives in a world were the humans are just as cartoony as him "exept 06"

Unleashed humans are more like pixar humans then real life humans.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm in the "Sonic's getting beady little black eyes" camp.

Dude's going to have a realistic hedgehog face and little monkey hands and HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
nihongo ga wakarimasen

but for real, what did he say

"I designed Sonic in such a way that his attraction to realistic human girls would be alarming. While the movie's interpretation of the character being attracted to realistic human girls is also alarming, it does not satisfy my particular fetish and thus I must respectfully disapprove of their changes."

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Seriously, I haven't read a single comment of someone who actually likes how THAT looks. It is being universally hated.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
"I designed Sonic in such a way that his attraction to realistic human girls would be alarming. While the movie's interpretation of the character being attracted to realistic human girls is also alarming, it does not satisfy my particular fetish and thus I must respectfully disapprove of their changes."

c'mon bruh

Oct 28, 2017
nihongo ga wakarimasen

but for real, what did he say
Taken from ellipsis-ultima:
Naoto Ohshima said:
Sonic is a fairy-like Hedgehog, so it is not necessary to make him like a Hedgehog when it comes to live action. Mickey would not become mouse-like even if he's in a live action picture. Because they are fairies who will continue existing if everyone believes in them

But-
princess_madonna_concept_art_by_madonnafan123-d3f8sv1.jpg

latest