• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
wwT6Vgc.png
tCH6w4n.png

xN5BxTy.png
gYqs7eM.png

http://www.inklestudios.com/sorcery/

In the 1980s, Steve Jackson introduced the gamebook series Sorcery!, a sprawling fantasy adventure with death and danger lurking around every choice. Jump forward thirty years, and developer Inkle (of 80 Days fame) began adapting this classic gamebooks into works of digital interactive fiction, bringing the words and art to life for a new generation. While the first game was a relatively direct adaptation, each game continued evolving and expanding upon the original gamebooks; for example, Sorcery 3! introduces an open world and a parallel timeline that can traveled to freely.

If you enjoy complex fantasy sagas, well-written adventures, games where your choices truly matter and can come back to haunt you, Inkle's Sorcery! quadrilogy offers over a million words of choices and secrets.

Steve Jackson's Sorcery! is a four-part fantasy adventure like never before. With tens of thousands of choices, the story rewrites itself around your actions. Battle weird and deadly creatures, cast powerful spells, play with honour, or lie, cheat and steal. The fate of the land of Kakhabad is in your hands!

Sorcery! 1, The Shamutanti Hills
App Store | Google Play | Steam
Journey across the wilds of Kakhabad on a quest to recover the Crown of Kings. Wield powerful magic, with over forty spells to choose from, all with weird and wonderful effects. Collect new weapons, treasures, and strange artefacts.
Can you survive the Shamutanti Hills?

hi2Rlcm.jpg
GzEfkc1.jpg

Z5P68TR.jpg

Sorcery! 2, Kharé: Cityport of Traps
Enter the town of Kharé: a city of traps and murderers, ruled by a Council of Thieves. Battle weird and ruthless creatures using our unique strategic duelling mechanic. Outwit the citizens of the city at Swindlestones. Wield powerful magic, with over forty spells to choose from, with powerful, story-changing effects. Unearth the City's turbulent history and find its hidden secrets. Releases
Can you survive The Cityport of Traps?

6ElDfuI.jpg
DLTt5vn.jpg

Ed9Q4fr.jpg

Sorcery! 3, The Seven Serpents
Sorcery! 3 continues the epic narrative adventure into the wilds of Kakhabad - a cursed land, stalked by serpents, and unstuck in time. Explore an open world, travel through time, cast powerful spells, battle deadly creatures, gamble with swindlers - with every choice you make remembered and shaping the story.
Can you survive The Seven Serpents?

aTZ6PAJ.jpg
C8e9omb.jpg

It0JxRM.jpg

Sorcery! 4, The Crown of Kings
An epic adventure through an open world of monsters, traps and magic. Infiltrate the Fortress of Sorcerers, and create your own unique story where every decision you make is remembered, no matter how small. Cheat death, uncover ancient mysteries, and recover the Crown of Kings - if you can. Begin your journey here, or conclude your adventure from Part 3.
sorc1rbkzl.png
sorc2t7kam.png

sorc30hktn.png

LQJOEgH.jpg

3IgjHwq.jpg

A5KhWnl.jpg

xnf6UYH.jpg

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Loved the gamebooks as a kid! I beat part 1 and 2 on Steam, but I'm scared to start part 3... the original gamebook was really hard ;_;

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the gamebooks as a kid! I beat part 1 and 2 on Steam, but I'm scared to start part 3... the original gamebook was really hard ;_;
The third game opens way up and becomes more open world and offering more freedom. And you can reverse any decision, so it's inherently more forgiving than the gamebook could be. Practically half of the game is original stuff expanded from the gamebook

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah I know you can rewind everything, but it's still pretty daunting. I know I'm gonna want to figure out the optimal path that takes out all seven serpents, ya know? And that's gonna be gruelling. :D