• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Adopting the Ukrainian language and no longer Russian.

LJviPPj.png

www.gamesradar.com

Stalker 2 appears to change its name to the Ukrainian spelling of Chornobyl

Heart of Chernobyl originally used the Russian spelling of the nuclear disaster site

Last edited:

Lihwem

Mar 17, 2020
Definitely not an error as that's the Ukrainian way of writing it apparently. Good move.
We have some newspaper here (France) switching the writing of "Kiev" to "Kyiv" as a symbolic gesture as well. That won't change the situation, but still a sensible thing to do nonetheless.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Chornobyl is the Ukranian spelling, Chernobyl is the Russian spelling. Similar to Kyiv vs Kiev, or calling Ukraine "the Ukraine" - suggesting subordination to Russia.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a second to realize what was different, but yeah, Chornobyl is the way it is in Ukrianian.
Learn something new every day, huh.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's some good shit. Props to the devs and my heart goes out to them with their current situation.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if the game is even going to come out. Im sure the devs have bigger things to worry about right now.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I never knew there were differences in spelling. That's fair enough. Nice little change.