• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

I think this is interesting for those that want to put it horizontally, as pretty much everyone thought the stand would be removable to make it look better.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm guessing this is so people don't place it vertically without the stand but blegh, it looks bad horizontally.

The stand
Oct 28, 2019
3732584-ehhh4r2umaaa9sn.jpg

brb using my imagination gif

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
It's extremely thin and also doesn't exceed the profile of the system itself so it's not like it's a big deal or anything.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does that make the Series S the only console without a stand?
Given there are vents I suspect they dont want to block airflow

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's the only part of the design I don't like. Why couldn't they have placed "feet" on each corner like the ones for laying it down horizontally.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I still don't understand why not go with rubber "feet", as it has on its side. It looks ugly when exposed, but eh. Not a big deal.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
maybe they figure it's crucial for ventilation if the system is vertical, so this is their way of not letting people lose the stand and figuring "eh, fuck it".

But it's pretty clear this thing is designed to be vertical

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge deal, and I'd probably do it vertical, but that is a little disappointing that it didn't have a latch like in the middle of the disc to press and pop it out.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
maybe they figure it's crucial for ventilation if the system is vertical, so this is their way of not letting people lose the stand and figuring "eh, fuck it".

But it's pretty clear this thing is designed to be vertical

also clear sign of which way you should stand it vertically for air flow.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I remember getting a stand for the PS2 I think, and never taking it off despite changing how it was laid multiple times. It doesn't really matter.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Vertical is definitely the way to go with this. It's going to look bad on its side with or without the stand.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yuck, generation of the ugly stands. not as bad as the ps5 horizontal stand, but still not a fan.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
"Microsoft sent our own Ryan McCaffrey (@DMC_Ryan) scale model dummy versions of the Xbox Series X and Series S"

This seems like an odd thing to do.

Oct 25, 2017
I predict that people will sell skin stickers to put on the bottom side of the stand for those that place it horizontal
Everything from tasteful patterns to anime boobs you will see it all in December
It's free real estate

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very wrong when on its side because of this. I would've had it removable so it can be flat and tidy looking or maybe something to clip on around the existing stand/base just to smarten it up a little.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
"Microsoft sent our own Ryan McCaffrey (@DMC_Ryan) scale model dummy versions of the Xbox Series X and Series S"

This seems like an odd thing to do.

they sent unbox therapy the same things. considering part of their marketing message for the Series S is that it's the smallest Xbox ever, it's not that odd to me

Zophop

Apr 12, 2018
Makes sense, wouldn't want people removing the stand but using it vertically and suffocating the system.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah. Otherwise the airflow would be blocked if owners placed the XSX vertically.