• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KydqdKKyGEk

From #Illumination and #Nintendo comes a new animated film based on the world of Super Mario Bros. The film will be released in North America on April 7, 2023 and in Japan on April 27, 2023.

Directed by Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic (collaborators on Teen Titans Go!, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies) from a screenplay by Matthew Fogel (The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Illuminations's Minions: The Rise of Gru), the film stars Chris Pratt as Mario, Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach, Charlie Day as Luigi, Jack Black as Bowser, Keegan-Michael Key as Toad, Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong, Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong, Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek and Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Needs more Luigi.

Jack Black is crushing it, though.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Digged everything about that but Pratt as Mario. Really wish they had gotten someone else. Jack Black sounded great as Bowser.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
The Bowser part looked pretty cool. Really didn't feel the Mario introduction, though. I think I am a bit too old for this lol

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The bowser section was fantastic. Not sold on the rest but it seemed pretty fine, that's what I was expecting tbh

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Introducing this version of the canon with the penguins from Super Mario 64 was something I did not expect.

Anyway Chris Pratt is super phoning it in. At least with Jack Black you can tell he's hamming it up.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd go "Day 1" about a new Mario film

Bowser and Luigi are perfect

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
The Bowser part is really cool but I can't with isekai'd Mario with Chris Pratt's voice. It really feels like Pratt was a miscast. At least, everything else looks good.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Jack Black is still good casting. Pratt feels like the boring choice because you want a name and that small snippet doesn't really sell it. I don't think Mario needs a stereotypical Italian accent but it still sounds weird.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
chris pratt is the worst thing about this

which makes sense since pratt is human garbage

everything else looks fine

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
looks awesome. Great animation and world. Don't care for Chris's voice but toad and Koopa sound awesome.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm guessing Chris Pratt got the role because someone at Nintendo is just a fan of him.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Visually, it looks fantastic. Bowser is just perfect and I love the voice.

Chris Pratt will definitely be the worst part of it. I expect the rest of the cast to carry the movie.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Bowser looks amazing, I'm relieved.
Movie looks like is going to be a fun time, will watch with my family.
Oh and it's releasing March 29 in France, I guess the whole EU too.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Super Tux vs Bowser was better than the Mario portion because Chris Pratt is just playing himself lmao

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still not sold on Pratt. And I have no confidence in Illumination - hopefully the Nintendo collab brings out something good in them.