• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Must be an England thing or Birmingham thing then. I've had a few gay friends who really hate the word.

Ah, perhaps. I've noticed the receptions of those sorts of terms varying. I'm from the US. I could see it being used pejoratively if someone doesn't want to be labeled that way, but I couldn't see it being as offensive as you've seen it received. Interesting! I'm happy to have learned something.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pit was literally alive in the 80s, and they comment on how it's been 20 something years since the first game in KIU. Shulk is 18. Mac couldn't possibly compete if he was underage. Pretty sure the only underage characters are Red (Pokémon Trainer) and Joker.

Also, no way Snake is more of a hunk than Simon and Richter, y'all tripping.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I could have sworn there was something about Pit being 26 or 27 or something, but I guess that may have been a joke about Uprising. He's oddly older than he looks (Could be thousands of years old really) while there are a bunch of younger characters like Mario (24) and Simon (22 if he's supposed t be from the first game) that look a lot older.

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
First two charts in OP seemed alright, but things get iffy in the third pic. Little Mac farther to the left than Ike? Naaaah

More research needed

Oct 25, 2017
VHtSUiT.png
1986.jpg

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Twink isn't a derogatory term at all? In my college and school, calling someone a Twink was equivalent to calling someone a fa---t. It really doesn't settle down right to me to be thrown around in conversation so easily.
Wikipedia says other gays such as bears use it in derogatory terms as an insult, but it can have descriptive and neutral uses among the community, so i guess its a more bad word than good, it shouldn't be used as an insult like fgt though.thats another word heteros will use to harm and attack that they don't need

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Man, adding Urbosa would be amazing just for the amount of Smacktalk she could give to Ganondorf.

But Smash characters don't really talk to each other outside Palutena's guidance and such...
(it'd be neat if they had special intros like some Street Fighter games do, but I guess it's more logistically complicated given the higher player count and uneven spawn locations).

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Pit was literally alive in the 80s, and they comment on how it's been 20 something years since the first game in KIU. Shulk is 18. Mac couldn't possibly compete if he was underage. Pretty sure the only underage characters are Red (Pokémon Trainer) and Joker.

Also, no way Snake is more of a hunk than Simon and Richter, y'all tripping.
You realize that the video game Kid Icarus coming out in the 1980's doesn't mean that the protagonist was "literally alive in the 80's" right? And fourth-wall breaking references to twenty years passing since the first game came out have no bearing on the in-universe ages of the characters lol.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
But Smash characters don't really talk to each other outside Palutena's guidance and such...
(it'd be neat if they had special intros like some Street Fighter games do, but I guess it's more logistically complicated given the higher player count and uneven spawn locations).
I agree, but one of Urbosa's moves should literally just be talking shit about Ganondorf. Like, that's the whole attack. Other opponents would be stunned with laughter, while Ganondorf would cry.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I agree, but one of Urbosa's moves should literally just be talking shit about Ganondorf. Like, that's the whole attack. Other opponents would be stunned with laughter, while Ganondorf would cry.

OK, I chuckled at this way more than I should, picturing her mic in hand and brick wall behind her.

Now I want a Zelda game set in an alternate pre-BOTW timelime where Ganondorf is rumored to be coming back and you play as Urbosa leading the Gerudo in a war against his forces to take him down.

That'd be so satisfying.

Satisfying and probably pretty cool, but a bit depressing knowing how it all ended. It would be Zelda's Rogue One.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Fire Emblem and Star Fox characters have unique victory quotes sometimes when they're facing someone else from their series it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could do the same for Urbosa when against Ganondorf.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You realize that the video game Kid Icarus coming out in the 1980's doesn't mean that the protagonist was "literally alive in the 80's" right? And fourth-wall breaking references to twenty years passing since the first game came out have no bearing on the in-universe ages of the characters lol.

It's Kid Icarus. The fourth wall doesn't exist. It's canon.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I chuckled at this way more than I should, picturing her mic in hand and brick wall behind her.

Satisfying and probably pretty cool, but a bit depressing knowing how it all ended. It would be Zelda's Rogue One.

True. Perhaps it could happen immediately following the queen's death and before Zelda is of age. Maybe the king enlists the Gerudo's help to gather intel on the alarming rumors of Ganon's imminent return and help the Sheikah and Hylian face any threats. Perhaps the urgency of earlier whispers are strengthened by the fact that the queen who held the sealing power is now gone. Urbosa agrees to help the king in his time of grieving need and uncovers a plot by the Yiga to resurrect Ganon. She and her tribe then confront the threat, facing off against a weak, early attempt at resurrection in the Gerudo form of Ganondorf (this would perhaps explain how she can beat him without the Master Sword or other sacred weapons). His defeat causes a delay in his ultimate revival, buying the young princess time to mature and find her powers. I'd have the story start right before the queen's death. Urbosa attends the funeral, where the king talks to her of the rumors. The game's story would then hopefully include a few interactions between Zelda and Urbosa, potentially having flashbacks to when the queen was alive/showing that moment referenced in Urbosa's DLC cutscene. We'd gain insight into Urbosa as a character and mother figure for Zelda, and also understand young Zelda even better, seeing how she handled the grief and began to understand her role in the fateful cycle. The writers could also tease, but not confirm, that the Yiga had something to do with the queen's sudden death (maybe a betrayal among one of the Sheikah?), but perhaps it's best to just let her death be mysterious. The ending would probably be Urbosa giving Zelda some wisdom, speaking about her mother and Zelda's own strength, knowing that Zelda is ultimately the one who will be able to defeat Ganon.

Anyway, Urbosa for Smash!

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Where's Olimar in these lists? I mean, he's not my style, but I'm sure he does something for someone.

I'm just echoing that Marth is more of a twink than Shulk & Simon is far more of a hunk than Snake, here. And that Richter is the best all around.

Where'd Kirby fit in there?

Kirby is canonically an infant & also his species reproduces by blood sacrifice so I don't think we can count him in any kind of conventional list involving sexuality.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can the female version be scaled from badass to friendly?

Badass would be Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Isabelle, Zero Suit, Bayonetta, and Shiek
Friendly being Peach, Daisy, Female Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina
The middle being Inkling, Zelda, Corrin, Robin, and Palutena

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
True. Perhaps it could happen immediately following the queen's death and before Zelda is of age. Maybe the king enlists the Gerudo's help to gather intel on the alarming rumors of Ganon's imminent return and help the Sheikah and Hylian face any threats. Perhaps the urgency of earlier whispers are strengthened by the fact that the queen who held the sealing power is now gone. Urbosa agrees to help the king in his time of grieving need and uncovers a plot by the Yiga to resurrect Ganon. She and her tribe then confront the threat, facing off against a weak, early attempt at resurrection in the Gerudo form of Ganondorf (this would perhaps explain how she can beat him without the Master Sword or other sacred weapons). His defeat causes a delay in his ultimate revival, buying the young princess time to mature and find her powers. I'd have the story start right before the queen's death. Urbosa attends the funeral, where the king talks to her of the rumors. The game's story would then hopefully include a few interactions between Zelda and Urbosa, potentially having flashbacks to when the queen was alive/showing that moment referenced in Urbosa's DLC cutscene. We'd gain insight into Urbosa as a character and mother figure for Zelda, and also understand young Zelda even better, seeing how she handled the grief and began to understand her role in the fateful cycle. The writers could also tease, but not confirm, that the Yiga had something to do with the queen's sudden death (maybe a betrayal among one of the Sheikah?), but perhaps it's best to just let her death be mysterious. The ending would probably be Urbosa giving Zelda some wisdom, speaking about her mother and Zelda's own strength, knowing that Zelda is ultimately the one who will be able to defeat Ganon.

Anyway, Urbosa for Smash!

This sounds amazing, I'd love to have a game like this. In fact it's probably above current Nintendo, they tend to go for much more simplistic stories, though.