• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What's the best strategy for it? Get a battery from one of the previous enemies, then use the drone to lower armor, then cut off?
My strategy is take care of the three dude first then go face to face :P
The "Physical Aggression Redirector" makes part farming easier since it always hits the targeted part (@75 % damage for attacks that would normally hit a different part because of swing direction).
Usually goes down a bit faster than this but the only video I had.

The drop seems to be a bit of RNG since I didn't get it that time but just got another one now.

I beat it in 21 hours, although I didn't finish all the side quests and I'm sure there's some hidden stuff I didn't find.

Oh wow, I'm 30 hours and the last boss I beat is Delver but I've done all side quests/exploration possible atm
I put 100 hours into the first game too lol

Last edited:

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This game does something I'm never a fan of and just ends up annoying.
Using the same bosses over and over

Fighting
Delver
in this small area was a real pain, but I got it done.

I'm really torn about this game. The combat is much better than the first and the story seems better as well. There's also great respect paid to the first game. But there are some really annoying parts and the bosses are meh. The tech issues need to be addressed. The game crashed on my as I was dealing the final few blows to a boss. I nearly stopped playing all together.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished beating The Matriarch at the Church of the Spark, anyone have a good guess on how much I have left in the game? I've been going back and forth between this and Code Vein and I'm hoping I'm close/able to finish it tonight.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I just finished beating The Matriarch at the Church of the Spark, anyone have a good guess on how much I have left in the game? I've been going back and forth between this and Code Vein and I'm hoping I'm close/able to finish it tonight.
You won't finish it tonight, there's still a lot to do.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine playing this without battery upgraded lol, I've been using a 1:2:4 ratio. Currently 14 health, 30 stamina, 56 battery.

Downside is most bosses have combos that can down me from full health :l

Speaking of bosses, I can't believe how much easier Delver is when you play like a not-idiot.

hows the difficulty compared to first?
Easier while exploring but harder bosses.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game does something I'm never a fan of and just ends up annoying.
Using the same bosses over and over

Fighting
Delver
in this small area was a real pain, but I got it done.

I'm really torn about this game. The combat is much better than the first and the story seems better as well. There's also great respect paid to the first game. But there are some really annoying parts and the bosses are meh. The tech issues need to be addressed. The game crashed on my as I was dealing the final few blows to a boss. I nearly stopped playing all together.

Yeah I wrote a ragey (slightly drunken) post on this guy last night. The arena is far too small for that encounter

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I will say that there is a drop off so I might eventually have to do battery. Like I noticed that stamina goes up very little now each level. But I'll see how much longer I can upgrade health before it drops off too.

Having more HP doesn't mean more survivability if you cant properly heal yourself.

hows the difficulty compared to first?

The fleshed out combat makes The Surge 2 easier than the first game.

How long is this game?

It took me around 32 hours to finish the game. And you also have NG+ available.

Oct 29, 2017
Crashing to desktop 100% of the time as I'm walking through the door to get to Port Nixon. Specifically it's crashing during the map loading screen. Anyone else experience this? Needless to say this is game-breaking.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Counter to the point above: I beat the game about two hours after where you're at.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Refunded the original because it had a bunch of problems, mainly:

- Terrible AA and performance on PC
- Boring gear both visually and gameplay wise
- Uninteresting level design
- Confusing RPG systems (could be my lack of interest, though)
- Stale art design
- Slow combat / clunky controls

Are these things inproved in 2?

RawNuts

Nov 13, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked previously, but does the game allow you to roam the world after finishing it, or does it force NG+ right away?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First point of no return, I have the force hook but not lifter hook.

Anything I should go back for or can I come back later?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well. I decided to put some points into battery by taking away some from health and stamina...

Yup. You guys were right. The healing scales to battery. Now my heal went from 80 to 177.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
First point of no return, I have the force hook but not lifter hook.

Anything I should go back for or can I come back later?
Give the force hook to the guy that asked for it if you didn't already. You'll fail that quest if you wander into the wrong area (although I don't even remember the reward).

I don't think there's anything worth going back for with the force hook. I had a quick look around but everything seemed to need the lift hook.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Give the force hook to the guy that asked for it if you didn't already. You'll fail that quest if you wander into the wrong area (although I don't even remember the reward).

I don't think there's anything worth going back for with the force hook. I had a quick look around but everything seemed to need the lift hook.

Cheers, got the cool Chainsaw looking weapon.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm at AID command I still don't have access to the exo-hook and stuff like that. Is that normal or did I miss something?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I'm at AID command I still don't have access to the exo-hook and stuff like that. Is that normal or did I miss something?

That's where you're supposed to be after Delver, that place is a maze, I spent a couple hours exploring and still don't think I fully explored it. There's a few keycard locks I still have to unlock O.o
You'll find a entrance to the Hospital Basement eventually and you get the Force Hook from there too

Make sure you get that Nano Ward set, it's nice looking, especially the helmet.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
The Iron Maus quest seems to be bugged for me because I can't find Kyle anywhere. I followed a guide and now the quest says to meet him at the comic shop and he isn't there. Is it a progress thing for or am I screwed?

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
The central area is so well designed, I really like how you keep looping around it and getting different views of it (classic Souls!)

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Had a really good run tonight. I think I'm just about to face the
Matriarch
. Though if I have to face
Eli
again I'm going to rage, lol.

Little Johnny's head in the tank was great!

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! There's a medbay that plays the song from the first game

Edit: AND OMG BLOODIED PROTEUS ARMOR!!

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Holy shit
Major General Ezra Shields
was ridiculously easy.
Beat them and got boss V2 weapon on second try lol

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Sweet Jesus Christ almighty they did it. The mad beautiful bastards fucking did it!

6tjSKp6.jpg

And just like that they sold one more copy.

mickcenary

Oct 27, 2017
Dudes/dudettes, how viable is parrying?

Is it like DS, i.e. high risk/reward element and learning curve (to the point of discouragement for new players)? Or like Bloodborne, i.e. much easier to pull off and doesn't always brutally punish you if you cook it?

Are there unique ripostes/animations, or just counterattacks?

Lordy, I adore me a good parry mechanic.