• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

The Surge 2 brings hardcore combat back to a nano-infested dystopian future on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, September 24
. Over the past month, press and influencers have delved into the depths of Jericho City, slicing and dicing their enemies and their preference is clear - players have every reason to be excited. Today's gorgeous Preview Accolades Trailer teases some story and shows off just how exciting it has been to go hands-on early.

The Surge 2 will deliver brutal combat in the winding streets of Jericho City on September 24. Waking with no memory of the plane crash that left you stranded here, you'll have to survive rampaging machines, fanatical cultists, and much worse as you explore and discover the truth. Utilising the renowned limb-targeting system combined with upgraded combat design, a new, bigger world and many more surprises, The Surge 2 will impress new players and fans of the series alike.

Pre-orders are now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. All pre-orders come with the URBN Gear Pack free, which includes a new armor set, two new weapons, and other cosmetics and equipment. The Surge 2 is also available for public play at Gamescom, as part of the Koch Media/Deep Silver booth in Hall 9.

The Surge 2 launches September 24 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Pre-orders are available now!

Source

ICYMI, some dev gameplay walkthrough from June:

I know many people kinda wrote the game off because they didn't like the first one (or just LoftF), but this one is really looking to be a sleeper hit that took many criticism from The Surge 1 and corrected them.

Also, as I was hitting that "Post Thread" button, just saw a tweet saying the game has gone gold:

The Surge 2 has gone gold!
Congratulations to everyone at @Deck13_de!
Fight to survive Jericho City on September 24 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC! Pre-order now and get bonuses: http://thesurge-game.com/shop

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Can`t wait! I quite liked the first one and this looks so much better.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
It looks really freaking good. A huge step up from the first (which I enjoyed).

I never properly finished the first game, I should rectify that before the 24th Sept.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Still in the middle of the first game. Hope this has more variety in it's areas and enemies and more bosses. Without the Park DLC breaking things up, the first one gets a bit monotonous despite being quite good!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this. I was surprised at how much I ended up loving the first game. Hope this nails it!

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed the first enough to platinum it so I'm genuinely up for more of The Surge, this one looks like a genuinely good sequel too.
The only real issue is that it releases right after Borderlands 3.