• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which PS1 game/series is next?

• Chrono Cross

Votes: 42 18.1%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

Votes: 82 35.3%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 52 22.4%
  • Rayman

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Silent Hill

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Tekken

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Tomb Raider

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Remakes, remasters, re-imaginings, ports, compilations, whatever! Off the top of my head (please let me know if I've missed any and I'll add it)

PS1:
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Team Racing
Grandia (originally on Saturn)
Guilty Gear
Fear Effect
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Mega Man 8
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
Monster Rancher
Moon
Resident Evil
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro the Dragon 2
Spyro the Dragon 3

N64:
Doom 64
Turok
Turok 2

N64 games on Xbox One:
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Blast Corp
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Perfect Dark

Interesting huh!

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Final Fantasy VII started as an N64 game so it should count for at least half an N64 game, clearly.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Grandia is a Saturn game in the first place. Gamearts liked the platform a lot.

You are also missing the biggest PS1 to N64 port on that list.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
+ Resident Evil (for both)

maybe offtopic, but the Xbox One has a ton of N64 ports:

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Blast Corp
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Jet Force Gemini
Killer Instinct Gold
Perfect Dark

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Only other thing I can think of is the Quake homebrew ports, but they're very much based on the PC versions, and had PS1 versions too.

Night Dive said that Shadow Man on Switch could happen.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Microsoft is almost at the same amount of Switch games as N64 games

To my knowledge, Ori and Minecraft are the MS published games on the Switch.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about making a list of PS1/Saturn/N64 games on current platforms, since that gen is so weird compared to what came before and after.

Sep 15, 2019
Got excited that everyone agreed with me to see Final Fantasy Tactics come to the Switch.

Then I realized I was the only one who had voted.

Metal Gear Solid needs to happen too.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Soon it will have 2 more Saturn games too (the Panzer Dragoons).
So people can continue to celebrate that great era of games! Yep, those 2 consoles from that era.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I voted for Tactics because I want to wish it into the world. I know we're likely to see Vib Ribbon before it tho

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
FFS Nintendo...

I remember when the Switch was first announced and being so excited to be able to get so many of my favorite N64 games for it, then they announced it wouldn't have the VC anymore. :(
My favorite N64 games on a portable system was always a dream of mine.
Even though the DS and 3DS got a decent number of the best ones (Mario 64,Star Fox, Zelda), there's still a lot I'd be fine with just straight re-releases of them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was about Switch having more PS1 ports than N64 had. Which is untrue, there were a LOT of multiplatform games between PS1 and N64.

Turns out it was about ports/remakes from both consoles on Switch.

As for answer to your question: TOMB RAIDER!!!! Where are my remakes? Weren't we once promised remakes of second and third game? Where are they? Do something SE! We want our old school TR games with frustrating jump mechanics!

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I won't stop whining about the HD iOS remaster of Final Fantasy Tactics somehow being the only Final Fantasy game that wasn't ported to other platforms.

What gives?

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
It's not surprising. The N64 really lacks for third party games, and the ones that exist don't really lend themselves to remasters or compilations (Bomberman, Harvest Moon, Mischief Makers).

Hell, if Nintendo does N64 online for Switch and starts off with 20 games, that will pretty much exhaust their non-Rare library.

May 10, 2019
Also from PS1 to Switch (as of next month in Japan): Moon Remix RPG Adventure.

Voted for Tekken because I think that a 7 port (and maybe an arcade archive style version of 1) could be announced in the next 6 months. I want FFT and Chrono Cross more but that wasn't the question now was it.

Last edited:

solidr

Oct 28, 2017
Moon (a ps1 game) is coming to switch on october in japan, i think they announced a worldwide release later too

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I wouldn't mind if, after Jedi Academy comes out, if the Factor 5 games, Racer, or Shadows of the Empire got ports.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
You missed the first Guilty gear.

Upcoming:

Monster Rancher
Moon
Fear Effect (Remake)

Oct 25, 2017
The circumstances have never been more favourable for bringing back Xenogears.

It makes so much sense that I don't expect it to happen.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
It still misses Valkyrie Profile, Sukoden 2 and Xenogears, oh and Persona 2. But here's hoping we get some these games at some point. I mean Konami seems to want invest more into gaming again. What better way to show their commitment than with a Sukoden collection.

I'm sure we will get our N64 games at some point in the future. Maybe we even have to wait just one year this time because they want peeps to resubscribe to NSO, when their subs run out.