• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question on the FfX/X-2 set. I'm considering getting the EU physical copy (would like the asian version but don't want to deal with the hassle of getting it through import). From my understanding the first game is on the cartridge and the second is a download key. Do they still share one icon like the one on the previous page or are they split up like bayonetta 1 and 2?

Would really love to have the full FF collection after getting 8 and 12

Edit: new page so the example is 2 pages back.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Only now do we realise the most important battle of our time.

qde5AEk.png

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Happy we weren't lumbered with the Japanese icon for Remothered, look at the quality on this.

d69324ebfb76a5a69d5c0d8e90e71b0c9c07ebb660c42ffe59c1ac9d3fcd2d20.jpg

Also, a shame to see Wuppo made it to launch with the bad icon.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Happy to see more VNs make their way to Switch. Also really love the Remothered icon. Wish the game were better, though. Looking forward to the second installment.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
your thumbs can't see colors, the concave/convex US controller wins by default due to accessibility of being able to feel which button you want without looking down, a trend they continued in the most perfect controller of all time, the GameCube controller

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
your thumbs can't see colors, the concave/convex US controller wins by default due to accessibility of being able to feel which button you want without looking down, a trend they continued in the most perfect controller of all time, the GameCube controller

no need to dress that up as accessibility, that's already taken care of by the basic layout of the controller^^

besides, you can't tell if it's X/Y or A/B based on there being a dent or not anyway. not like the letters are engraved in them like with the N64 and Cube pads.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
no need to dress that up as accessibility, that's already taken care of by the basic layout of the controller^^

besides, you can't tell if it's X/Y or A/B based on there being a dent or not anyway. not like the letters are engraved in them like with the N64 and Cube pads.
I know we're all super cool vets who have been playing games since they were made on rocks but people who aren't us absolutely still look down at their controllers even now in the year of 2019, and yes that includes the SNES pads included with the SNES Mini

Fuck I still have to look down when I use my fucking DS4, I don't know if I'll ever fully memorize the PlayStation button layout -__-

Nov 5, 2017
As well as the (intentionally) out-of-focus image giving it the impression of being low-res/quality it both fails to communicate what the game is/about and isn't evocative of its distinctive visual style in the slightest.
It's just exceedingly bland imo.

Disagree. As someone with very little knowledge of the game, I think the icon they went with is the more interesting of the two. The ancient-looking temple ruins juxtaposed with a modern city is more likely to draw attention than the preload icon, which looks like Any Other Anime Game (TM).

Fuck I still have to look down when I use my fucking DS4, I don't know if I'll ever fully memorize the PlayStation button layout -__-

A pain I know all too well...

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm sorry ... but the first time I ever saw those colored buttons on a controller it was this unholy thing
7cd42a8efefcc044807a034819127cfc.jpg

So no amount of argument FOR anything other than purple can convince me that it's better.
This is all I'll ever see

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I know we're all super cool vets who have been playing games since they were made on rocks but people who aren't us absolutely still look down at their controllers even now in the year of 2019, and yes that includes the SNES pads included with the SNES Mini

but that's what I'm saying ...you will not know if you're pressing X or Y just because there's a dent in them because they're not unique. If you really don't know then the dent or bump won't help you figure out where A, B, X, or Y are.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
but that's what I'm saying ...you will not know if you're pressing X or Y just because there's a dent in them because they're not unique. If you really don't know then the dent or bump won't help you figure out where A, B, X, or Y are.
The top buttons are dented and they're X and Y, the bottom buttons aren't dented and they're A and B! I didn't say it was perfect, that was the GameCube controller! It took them a couple cycles to get there lol gotta start somewhere! ;P

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Only now do we realise the most important battle of our time.

qde5AEk.png
Funnily enough, it seems this icon is somehow regional, rather than based on which eshop you download from. I have both US and EU eshop accounts, and though my EU account has Nintendo online, I wanted the purple buttons for nostalgia's sake. So, I downloaded from my US eshop account. BUT, the Switch had other plans, as lo and behold, the icon was the EU version. Not actually sure why or how, but there you have it.

Bizar895

Nov 2, 2017
Hmmm was already thinking about getting Creature in the well but with this icon it's a must buy haha.