• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
And now, what we've all been waiting for...

2990.png
2991.png

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i hope when they put the next patch for deadly premonition they also update the icon. this is infinitely better than the one they've gone with

sq_nswitchds_deadlypru1kry.jpg

datschge

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty rare for a game to have a drastically different icon across regions, outside of translating the logo or whatever, but just spotted that Super Weekend Mode is one such game.

Europe/America on the left, Japan on the right.

2117.png
gap.png
3002.png

Added to the small but growing list:

Angry Kirby effect in Japan? Would honestly have guessed the regions the other way around.

Amount of game icons with no logo is increasing again. I guess we had it too nice in the last couple weeks.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a savvy move by Epic to me. They've used their icons to alert people to changes and new content. It's temporary and this is bound to draw attention. People will be scrolling through their icons or looking at the all games display and this is going to stick out like a sore thumb. And that will prompt more people to open to see what is new with Fortnite.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Seems like a savvy move by Epic to me. They've used their icons to alert people to changes and new content. It's temporary and this is bound to draw attention. People will be scrolling through their icons or looking at the all games display and this is going to stick out like a sore thumb. And that will prompt more people to open to see what is new with Fortnite.
Only if it's in their recent plays anyway. Otherwise nothing gets updated. You're giving them way too much credit.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
The Overwatch icon is a bigger atrocity than Blizzard's... all right, I'm not gonna go there. But the icon sucks.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Only if it's in their recent plays anyway. Otherwise nothing gets updated. You're giving them way too much credit.

Its obviously intentional and done to induce interest in what's going on with Fortnite. I look at my all games screen all the time or scroll throught the first 12 too. The icon is temporary and they've had like 7 other Fortnite icons that were decent. Its not a new art style choice, its an intentional tactic. And I do give them credit for putting thought into designing their icons.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Its obviously intentional and done to induce interest in what's going on with Fortnite. I look at my all games screen all the time or scroll throught the first 12 too. The icon is temporary and they've had like 7 other Fortnite icons that were decent. Its not a new art style choice, its an intentional tactic. And I do give them credit for putting thought into designing their icons.
Obviously it's intentional and still I say you're giving them too much credit for this. Their events/seasons just get new key art. That's then reflected in the icon. It's cool and all but, again, if you've not played it recently anyway so it even gets the update, you'll never see it. My icon is still on the second one, deep down in the list.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Good News: They changed the Overwatch icon!

Bad News: Blizzard changed the Overwatch icon.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
It may be the logo, but check out the quality on this one when viewed full size.

f6a816e8c320f56820254d33c594f6353c0865f3b7005496f1cd2a1ab8087229.jpg

man, I really think there's something wrong in the way the developer dashboard or assets submission site/drive is designed. We keep seeing devs dropping what looks like icon files for PC (like literally .ICO files) for their switch icon. There *has* to be some bad language or misleading wording that's causing this to happen.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
man, I really think there's something wrong in the way the developer dashboard or assets submission site/drive is designed. We keep seeing devs dropping what looks like icon files for PC (like literally .ICO files) for their switch icon. There *has* to be some bad language or misleading wording that's causing this to happen.
but they see the icon on their devkits so it's not like they're doing it blind.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
icons.jpg

Don't think these have been posted yet: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD.