• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
At my local best buy in the US I noticed they had two long rows for copies of the game, typically only something Nintendo games get. I guess they expect it to sell.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, this year. That explains it. That's really important information OP, it should be in the title.

Switch year has been really bad so not really surprised.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm crashed, CRASHED... Well not that chashed.
CTR please.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
"This year" what was the fastest game before this? nothing in the lineup so far this year that I could think of could be considered huge but I might be wrong.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Titles definitely needs a "this year" or "in 2018." It's innaccurate currently.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very nice, it did good on PS4 too I believe. Not surprising as it's the best platformer this gen, especially Crash 1.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad that Donkey Kong gets trounced by something as wonky and slipshod as Crash Bandicoot, but hopefully DK will have the longer legs.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Bandicoot's huge here, and it's relatively cheap for a price-sensitive market.

Still crazy, though.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda sad that Donkey Kong gets trounced by something as wonky and slipshod as Crash Bandicoot, but hopefully DK will have the longer legs.

Crash is huge in the UK. And to further add it's significantly cheaper than DK.

I bought N. Sane collection on Switch (I was drunk and bought it digitally lol) and it's solid.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
ZhugeEX

Don't mean to bother you but is the difference between DK and Crash Switch small or larger in your opinion?

Is there even a competition?

DK is an overpriced port of a 4 years old game, don't get me wrong: it's selling fine in EU (it was first or second on several countries up until now) everyone should play it because it's one of the best platformer of all time, it holds up nicely, and in my opinion it is much better than any Crash game on so many aspects (level design, music,...), but Crash is a remake of a trilogy, it's cheaper and it has already been a huge success last year on PS4.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray for Crash Bandicoot!!

Please give us Crash Team Racing next and a new Crash game in the style of the OG 3. I don't want an open world style for this.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
A competent portable version of the Crash remakes. Seems like a formula for guarantees money. Even considering double dipping myself.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Is there even a competition?

DK is an overpriced port of a 4 years old game, don't get me wrong: it's selling fine in EU (it was first or second on several countries up until now) everyone should play it because it's one of the best platformer of all time, it holds up nicely, and in my opinion it is much better than any Crash game on so many aspects (level design, music,...), but Crash is a remake of a trilogy, it's cheaper and it has already been a huge success last year on PS4.

It sold more, but not by much tbh.

Thats funny.

As for OP, seems like the Crash thirst is still real in the UK.
Hopefully they wont wait too long for the Spyro Trillogy, tbh they are just strictly better than Crash in every way.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
That's pretty surprising for XBO, but I guess all of the Sony kids would have got it on PS4.

Do we have total numbers for DK?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at Steam, Crash doesn't seem to be doing particularly well on PC. It has very high approval and has probably sold 20k+ but it's already out of the top 10 sellers.