• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
These devs just Shadow dropping games randomly on Xbox.

Talos Principal, Amnesia Collection both "leaked" via ratings or achievement lists (or included in Xbox wire post) without the devs actually confirming Xbox versions before that. Some of these companies have such odd "marketing" strategies with these ports

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This is really odd that it isn't already on XB1.

Guessing that's because it's a Devolver game. They've seemed super uninterested in XB1 for a long while

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
These devs just Shadow dropping games randomly on Xbox.

Talos Principal, Amnesia Collection both "leaked" via ratings or achievement lists (or included in Xbox wire post) without the devs actually confirming Xbox versions before that. Some of these companies have such odd "marketing" strategies with these ports

It might be in discussion to bring them to Gamepass or something.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
It's a really cool game, one of my favorites from 2014. It's been a while since we heard news from the sequel

nny

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't on Xbox? Well, better late than never - it's a really, really good puzzle game.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the list of people saying "What, it wasn't already there?". I'd assumed since it had a PS4 release that it'd had a PS4/XB1 release.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This is really odd that it isn't already on XB1.

Guessing that's because it's a Devolver game. They've seemed super uninterested in XB1 for a long while
Devolver has such a weird relationship with Xbox.

They hype up every game of theirs on Switch and PS4 (many of which they don't even bother bringing to Xbox), and then Talos Principal don't even mention it when it's supposedly out this week

Not to mention they barely bring any of their games there. Enter the Gungeon, I Hate Running Backwards, Minit, Ruiner are only released games that aren't Shadow Warrior

Oct 26, 2017
Devolver has such a weird relationship with Xbox.

They hype up every game of theirs on Switch and PS4 (many of which they don't even bother bringing to Xbox), and then Talos Principal don't even mention it when it's supposedly out this week

Not to mention they barely bring any of their games there. Enter the Gungeon, I Hate Running Backwards, Minit, Ruiner are only released games that aren't Shadow Warrior

Quite strange indeed. We still don't have Absolver.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
This is an excellent puzzle game, and everyone who hasn't played it yet should definitely check it out. Especially if you like first-person puzzle games like Portal and The Witness.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Aside from having fantastic puzzles, this game also has a really good narrative.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed it was already on Xbox One. The more people that get to experience it the better, it's a really great puzzle game.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for this game, but it is kinda weird to see some of these indie games come so much later to Xbox.

Soma - 2 years, Ethan Carter - 3.5 years, Talos Principle - 3 years, No Man's Sky - 2 years, The Witness - 1.5 years. I'm sure there's more, I just can't recall them all. I wonder how much of it is due to Sony partnerships, and how much is developer resources/ability.

Either way, better late than never!

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
If you like puzzle games, this is an easy recommendation. It's a tier below The Witness for me, but still an incredible game and one of the many great puzzlers that came out in recent years.

Daygon

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I'm excited for this game, but it is kinda weird to see some of these indie games come so much later to Xbox.

Soma - 2 years, Ethan Carter - 3.5 years, Talos Principle - 3 years, No Man's Sky - 2 years, The Witness - 1.5 years. I'm sure there's more, I just can't recall them all. I wonder how much of it is due to Sony partnerships, and how much is developer resources/ability.

It's not better late than never, these degenerates will try and charge top dollar for a late port and I can't support that.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping Devolver catches up their others. I would kill to replay Hotline Miami 1/2 and it can't be much trouble to port.

OP
OP
Montresor

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Montresor you're going to love this game. It's so good.

I definitely predict I'll love it too. Excited to play it.

Don't forget Crash Bandicoot, Hellblade, and Nier Automata. I'm very pleased with the late ports (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Hellblade for example is my game of the gen. I'd rather play a game of the gen late than not at all.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
What weird timing. Can't understand a game like this being exclusive for any length of time other than resources but if that's the case it wouldn't take this long. At least it's there now though.

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
Stealth release. It is out now (digitally) in the US. $39.99 until 9/14.
(Normally $49.99)

Great game. Buy it guys, maybe then Devolver will show some more love to XB1...

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome game, great writing, but man, some of the more complex optional puzzles made me feel extremely dumb, to the point where I had to look up some solutions. :(

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This game is fucking amazing. If you like games like Portal, Turing Test, QUBE 2 etc, then it's absolutely essential. Prepare to be completely sucked in to its world.

But why would they stealth release one of the games of the generation on XBO?!
Watched a trailer and I'm not sure what genre this would fall under but it looks interesting.
It's like Portal. First person sci-fi puzzler with an atmospheric 'world', story elements, tons of secrets to find. If you like games like Portal then I really can't recommend it enough, it's right up there with the best in the genre. Check out the reviews on Steam.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Awesome game, great writing, but man, some of the more complex optional puzzles made me feel extremely dumb, to the point where I had to look up some solutions. :(
There's nothing wrong with looking up a solution when you're really stuck. But what I loved about this game is that you have five puzzles to do in each mini-world, so if you're stuck you can try another and come back. Often I'd give a puzzle a rest then come back and it would click straight away.

What I loved about this game is every time I completed a puzzle I felt like an absolute genius. And they are so well designed, sometimes with multiple solutions. I wouldn't say any of the puzzles are too difficult, once you get in to the right way of thinking.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit I assumed it was already on it.

Great game. Some seriously mind bending puzzles too, with a cool story to boot.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017

Could be Microsoft's own parity clause causing these delays

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

How? And it's certainly not causing this stealth release, not even a mention from either Croteam or Devolver on Twitter. Hell, Major Nelson hasn't announced it yet either, and he echoes every single release. It's all extremely bizarre, like they're sabotaging their own game.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
How? And it's certainly not causing this stealth release, not even a mention from either Croteam or Devolver on Twitter. Hell, Major Nelson hasn't announced it yet either, and he echoes every single release. It's all extremely bizarre, like they're sabotaging their own game.

Isn't Microsoft's policy that if an indie game does not release at the same time on xbox then it can't be released on xbox at a later date? I remember the parity clause basically boiling down to that. The person was wondering if these indie devs had some kind of deal with Sony causing such long delays, but I suggested maybe it's because of the parity clause.

Not sure about the stealth releases. I doubt it's some deal with another platform though. Those games released a long time ago.

Edit* I'm pretty sure Thalos Principle was on PC first so I don't think there are any parterahip deals with Sony there.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Isn't Microsoft's policy that if an indie game does not release at the same time on xbox then it can't be released on xbox at a later date? I remember the parity clause basically boiling down to that. The person was wondering if these indie devs had some kind of deal with Sony causing such long delays, but I suggested maybe it's because of the parity clause.

Not sure about the stealth releases. I doubt it's some deal with another platform though. Those games released a long time ago.

Edit* I'm pretty sure Thalos Principle was on PC first so I don't think there are any parterahip deals with Sony there.
Parity clause hasn't been a thing for a few years now.
It's also X enhanced which is a big deal given it isn't Pro patched on the PS4 - looks a bit shitty on Pro with tons of aliasing, LoD pop-in and bad framerate stutters in the more open areas. Really intrigued how it will perform on the X.