The Technical Issues Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by deltaplus, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Jason Frost

Jason Frost Member

@ MidnightCowboy, but without space.

Like this:
    MidnightCowboy

2. Blade30

Blade30 Member

Does anyone else experience inconstancy with alerts on your watched threads/subscriptions? Sometimes I get an alert on new replies and sometimes not.

3. ImNotAFroot

ImNotAFroot Member

The forum looks great!
    Anyone know if i can change my username?
    I'd like to remove the ' from it

4. DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu Member

You probably need to ask an admin

5. DireStr8s

DireStr8s Member

Yeah, noticed this recently

6. Baka Sempai

Baka Sempai Member

Disabling Avatars option is not working for me :/
    It may be a bug I'm personally experiencing but seems to be consistent across the macOS browsers i'm using (safari, firefox, chrome)
    Going into preferences, i get the modal popup, i then click on "Hide Avatars", click Save, modal closes, I refresh page, and avatars are still there.

7. iGeodude

iGeodude Member

Make sure you check "All the Time" or type in a machine name, then click save. Hopefully that helps.

8. Arutha

Arutha Member

Yes, it happens to me too. I have to unwatch and watch again to receive the alerts.

9. SSL suddenly borked for anyone else?

10. Niks

Niks Member

Please add more space between threads. Its really hard to read.

11. Jason Frost

Jason Frost Member

Around 11:21 PM?

12. 17m ago from this post, which is about 04:30am my time (UTC).

13. regawdless

regawdless Member

Yeah I have to manually check those threads because the alerts are inconsistend.

14. StarCreator

StarCreator Member

The "Original Poster" notation seems to carry over to private messages, and behaves oddly there - literally every message in a private conversation is marked as such. It should probably not show in private conversations at all.

15. tabris

tabris Member

Anyone have an odd issue where you click on a thread and it goes to page 2 instead of 1st or last page?

16. Redneckerz

Redneckerz Member

Just to chip in some more issues (Firefox 47):

- I am not getting any notifications anymore on any of the threads i have just posted in, either unwatched or watched threads.
    - Imgur HTTPS pics and gifs are broken as we all know. HOWEVER, when a user quotes a post with said link, the picture/gif is shown correctly.

17. Just suddenly started getting certificate errors on Safari. Is this something on my end?

18. Still get a SSL issue with Chrome on Android. Using Firefox Desktop (macOS) doesn't seem to have an issue.

19. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

I guess I should've posted this in here.

20. Baka Sempai

Baka Sempai Member

Thank you, this actually fixed the issue, I've just never seen it on any other forum.

21. Rikucrafter

Rikucrafter Member

When I'm on mobile I see [​IMG][ IMG ] instead of some images. When I follow the link, I'm given a blank white box instead of the image. Is there any fix?

22. jamsy

jamsy Member

Not sure if it's just me, but the Hide Avatars feature is not working for me.

I have this checked and can still see everyone's avatars. As far as I can tell, checking/unchecking this so far does nothing...

23. Dead Prince

Dead Prince Member

the hide text behind quote isn't work like how people want it.

on the other forum you can't even click view source to pull the stuff that's hidden.

but you can still do that here.

24. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Member

So the lazy loading images have been a little weird for me since upgrading to Firefox 57. Occasionally they just won't load until I refresh the page.

This may be related to my tendency to open a lot of threads in tabs at once.

25. MegaRockEXE

MegaRockEXE Member

I would just like an option to remove this completely. It can be tough to get to the bottom of the page and read up because the page will move around a lot.
    And possibly related to that, I was getting file move errors whenever I tried dragging an image from the page to my desktop.

26. ned_ballad

ned_ballad Member

The site moving super slow for anyone else right now?

27. Me. Everything takes a full five seconds or so to load or post.

28. Luulubuu

Luulubuu Community Resettler Member

Site super slow

29. Avitus

Avitus Member

Site is getting reddit hugged right now. A link to a post here is #1 on my r/all feed

30. ned_ballad

ned_ballad Member

Ah, the good ol' Reddit hug of death. That explains it.

31. TEXASenpai

TEXASenpai Member

I need my ERA fix! :)

32. Lump

Lump Member

We made it, folks.

All we need is a Community Flag in Rocket League and we're 100% operational.

33. Doogdogg

Doogdogg Member

I thought it was just me after upgrading to Firefox quantum.

34. shimon

shimon Member

Which post?

35. Kouriozan

Kouriozan Member

36. Oynox

Oynox Member

The one about how long it takes and how much to you would need to pay to unlock everything in BFII

37. triple

triple Member

Guess it's a good sign that ERA is getting to old forum levels! so congrats...

38. regawdless

regawdless Member

And a PSN theme from m0dus / Truant Pixel. It would be glorious.

39. Saint-14

Saint-14 Member

Thank god it’s not just me.

40. ratrosaw

ratrosaw Administrator

As posted above, one of our threads is now trending on reddit. Traffic to Resetera at this moment is much higher than usual and the site becomes slower than expected as a result. Thanks for understanding.

41. Mikey Jr.

Mikey Jr. Member

Is there a reason every post is the same colour? Kinda annoying now for the dark theme on desktop.

42. regawdless

regawdless Member

Thank you for the clarification. I guess it's a good sign that we are trending, will give us some more exposure.

43. XDevil666

XDevil666 Member

Is it just me or is this site running slow today? Seem to be getting slow responses

44. xfigures

xfigures Member

This is bugging me too and it's annoying on every theme.

45. regawdless

regawdless Member

Look only one post above yours to find the reason.

46. Mammoth Jones

Mammoth Jones Member

I came to this thread to ask the same thing. The site is extremely slow on my MacBook and iPhone.

47. Mr. Sam

Mr. Sam Member

A link to a Battlefront II thread got linked on Reddit and ended up on the front page so I assume we've been experiencing unusually high levels of traffic.

Edit: Welp. LTTP.

48. Mikey Jr.

Mikey Jr. Member

Yep.

49. Zero3K

Zero3K Member

u.teknik.io is now only on Avira's blacklist.

50. cHinzo

cHinzo Member

Nah only this site is slow. I updated to Quantum yesterday too and it's lightning fast. :D