• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

The second season of 'The Terror', subtitled 'Infamy', will premiere on Monday, August 12 at 9/8c. The second season, like the first, will consist of 10 one hour episodes.

'The Terror' is an anthology series from AMC where every season tells a self contained horror story based on a historical event.

Set during World War II, 'The Terror:Infamy' centers on a series of bizarre deaths that haunt a Japanese-American community and a young man's journey to understand and combat the malevolent entity responsible.

Cast

Chester's response to extreme, life-altering events leads him on a treacherous journey that teaches him what it means to be an American, and a man.

No one knows much about Yuko Tanabe, but her role is central in the fate of Chester and the rest of the Terminal Islanders.

Henry, Chester's father, would say he's "just a simple fisherman," his faith in America will soon be tested.

Asako, Chester's mother, deeply respects the traditions of Japanese culture, but with that reverence comes a bent toward superstition.

Yamato-san is the 80-year-old elder statesman of Terminal Island.

Amy is one of the Yoshidas, the closest family friends of the Nakayamas on Terminal Island.

Videos

Official Trailer
Comic Con First Look
Meet the Characters
How George Takei's Life Influenced 'Infamy'

Reviews

TVGuide said:
With its powerful depiction of once-proud families uprooted and separated, the series is gut wrenching enough, even without the scary stuff. And yet by weaving ancient terrors into is all-too-relevant story of prejudice and fear, this fable feels as fresh and original as it is frightening.

Entertainment Weekly said:
Infamy movingly portrays how Executive Order 9066 turned whole American communities into wartime casualties. Paranoia shrouds every interaction.

SlashFilm said:
While the first season of The Terror had the occasional supernatural occurrence, its horror mostly relied on events created by the harsh elements, or the foolishness of humans. Infamy, in sharp contrast, goes all-in on the metaphysical and the ghostly. As a result, this season is much scarier than season 1.

There's always something horrible lurking here – something unspoken, something dire. The atmosphere is thick and oppressive. You can feel the dread weighing down on you like heavy humidity.

The Terror: Infamy isn't as relentlessly bleak as its first season, but it's not exactly an easy watch, either. The series has carved out a nice little corner for itself, one that looks back at history, and says: "Look at where things went wrong." As the saying goes, those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And if there's one recurring theme from season one and two of The Terror, it's that we are all indeed doomed.

Promo Photos

6H88OBh.png

KXXa6vU.png

RKaUDz0.png

426GmBQ.png

L + SD Ratings

Episode 1: 581K viewers and 0.2 A18-49
Episode 2: 446K viewers and 0.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 421K viewers and 0.1 A18-49
Episode 4: 377K viewers and 0.1 A18-49
Episode 5: 358K viewers and 0.1 A18-49
Episode 6: 381K viewers and 0.1 A18-49
Episode 7: 331K viewers and 0.1 A18-49
Episode 8: 283K viewers and 0.0 A18-49
Episode 9: 383K viewers and 0.1 A18-49
Episode 10: 364K viewers and 0.1 A18-49

Last edited:

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the casting for this.

George Takei is so old ;_;

Squid Lord

Nov 28, 2017
Holy shit, I did not know that each season of Terror is supposed to take on a new theme completely!

Had no idea that was the case either, but I love the premise of this second season.

So, the first season was based off the book and all subsequent seasons will be original stories?

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it all episodes at once or one episode per week? I really hope it hits Prime or Netflix soon. Literally the only way I can see it.

I loved the first season. So much so that I started the book (which I am also loving).

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Is it all episodes at once or one episode per week? I really hope it hits Prime or Netflix soon. Literally the only way I can see it.

One episode a week is how it's usually done, though last season they also released all episodes at once on AMC Premiere and Amazon. The first season streams exclusively on Hulu in the US so that will probably be the home for season 2 as well.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 and am really excited for next monday.

I loved the first season. So much so that I started the book (which I am also loving).
Weekly, it's on AMC

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it. LOL.

I guess I am waiting a couple of months at least. Maybe more.

Edit Or maybe Prime or Netflix will have it as it drops on AMC. Better call Saul and a few others shows made it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Weird to turn it into an anthology series when the book/show was named that because it was the name of one of the ships (and also the horror element).

Still, interested to see how it goes.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017

You'll likely have to wait a year before it drops onto streaming. At least that's how long it took for the first season hit Hulu.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I forgot this was happening so soon!

Last year I just bought The Terror on Amazon, but I may hold off to hear some initial impressions this time around, since it's a different team.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Weird to turn it into an anthology series when the book/show was named that because it was the name of one of the ships (and also the horror element).

Still, interested to see how it goes.
I don't like that at all. I want another season of ''1800-1900 isolated crew'' horror. :(

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll likely have to wait a year before it drops onto streaming. At least that's how long it took for the first season hit Hulu.

I dont know. Maybe that is a country wise thing?

Cause Better call Saul, Walking dead and some other shows were dropping a week after their US release on Indian Netflix. And I think Amazon Prime was almost day and date with The Terror IIRC.

Lets hope that is the case.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
An all Asian cast? I had no idea they would go this route. Gotta support this! And it's time to binge the first season.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know. Maybe that is a country wise thing?

Cause Better call Saul, Walking dead and some other shows were dropping a week after their US release on Indian Netflix. And I think Amazon Prime was almost day and date with The Terror IIRC.

Lets hope that is the case.

It's possible. The year long wait was for the US, so for everyone else they might get it before then.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty cool from the trailer, but I'm a little cautious after the first season. I really liked the setting, and seeing the simple horrific reality of what life was like for an expendable sailor on a miserable old ship, totally at the mercy of the elements trying to find a route through the arctic circle that nobody could say for sure even existed. But then it fell back into more familiar horror tropes in the later episodes when the CGI monster showed up, and I just lost interest.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The first season of The Terror has to be one of the most underrated shows ever. It was absolutely masterful.

I was praying this second season wasn't going to pull a True Detective on us, but after reading some of those reviews I am so fucking hyped for this.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine this being better than season 1, because how do you improve on perfection, but I've never been more excited to potentially be wrong.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Season 1 was like a serious BBC prestige drama combined with sudden, gory monster violence. You can't top that.

Dec 11, 2017
George Takei, a man who suffered at the hands of the actual Japanese internment camps, being a part of this gives me hope that this story won't bungle the historical setting.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Still really weird to me that they're turning this into an anthology but hey, looks interesting.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I bought season one before it aired on Amazon for like 5-10 bucks. Anything like that this time around?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017