• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
oh shit this is finally coming?
nice la~
terror season 1 was very well made, shame to see the cast of season 1 gone though

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
This really snuck up on me. I didn't even know they started filming this...

The first season was ace, will be there day 1

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
So in for this. The first season was incredible and the setting and cast for this one gives me confidence that season two will continue that level of quality. And, yeah PersonAndStuff , depressingly prescient.

I'm going to be interested to see what my partner thinks. She was pretty disappointed when the new setting was announced, not because the new setting was not interesting, but because that old, nautical shit is right dead in the center of the Venn diagram that is Her Jam and she just kind of wanted more of that.

Last edited:

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Ih2mV7T.gif
But he's on not in.
Suggestion. Maybe include the actors names too?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
AVClub said:
In the hands of Woo, Borenstein, and their writers—including Shannon Goss and Naomi Iizuka—Infamy is a work of syncretism: Japanese folklore, with its shapeshifting obake and ghostly yūrei, informs the story just as much the myth of the American dream, but the show also invokes a popular Latin American folk tale about a vengeful spirit. When it shows interned neighbor turning on interned neighbor, though, Infamy goes full horror—think The Thing, only less gory and with a different meaning for "assimilate."

Infamy is easily one of the most ambitious and topical shows to debut in 2019.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
i have to still check out the first season but damn this sounds great. making it set in an internment camp is a novel setting and allows for a diverse cast like this and is sadly pretty damn timely too.

setting mah dvr

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Finally got around to watching the first one. So many great performances and sequences.

And good timing it looks like. Anthology seems it could work really well.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Chester and Amy walking and that ghost at the background. Nice touch.

I didn't expect the show showing their Ace in their sleeve at the end

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
watched the 1st episode
it's been a while but pretty sure i enjoyed the 1st episode of the 1st season more

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
That was surprisingly good. A nice tense atmosphere throughout.

Will see how it compared to the first season, but it's a good start. The 'demon' or whatever it is interesting enough, some of her movements are creepy as fuck.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm like 2% bummed we aren't getting another dose of "remote isolation horror" but I'll still be eagerly watching.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
But where is Tom Cruise?

Jokes aside, looking forward to this. The first season had such brilliant casting. I'm sure it'll be the same here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
There's a teaser for the rest of the season at the end of the episode. Seems the show goes in a very interesting direction.

Some spoilers obviously.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I got around to watching the first season the other week, while I'm not gonna say it was amazing or anything, I did it find it to be really damn good. I was most impressed by how great the dialouge was, though. It was Deadwood-esque in it's greatness.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any idea which streaming service the episode will hit first, Hulu or AMC (non-premiere)?

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Just watched it. Kinda slow. I'll give it a shot as I know some Japanese Canadians who are extras in the show. Someone gonna make an OT?

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Admittedly a slow episode, but it nicely sets up the events for the season. Episode 2 will likely pick up the pace like season 1's second episode.

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Shaky at first, but things started to work for me in the second half.

Still a little worried about the main actor, though.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this. Very slow episode, but the preview looked cool. Intro scene was excellent, but the sun and boat scenes were sorta underwhelming. Hoping for something creepier going forward.

Haven't seen season 1 yet, so I'm hoping I can avoid spoilers in the thread since they don't appear to be related.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this. Very slow episode, but the preview looked cool. Intro scene was excellent, but the sun and boat scenes were sorta underwhelming. Hoping for something creepier going forward.

Haven't seen season 1 yet, so I'm hoping I can avoid spoilers in the thread since they don't appear to be related.
Season one starts really slow as well, so I'm guessing they're taking a similar approach here

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Interesting.
After Watch First Captain America Movies.
I was alway to know how the US does with Japan-American People and Soldiers during WW2.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't think that first episode was particular good, interesting, or compelling. I will stick with it because the whole Pearl Harbor / internment ending was an OK hook, but I didn't expect the supernatural elements to be so front-and-center. There is no foreboding dread or tension this season when it's so in your face from the get go. These characters are too clean and pretty (weird complaint but I liked the gnarled weather-beaten cast from S1 a lot!) though I'm sure that'll change. Didn't like the lead at all. He seems out of place, which is central to his character so maybe he should be. We'll see. Last season I was riveted from second-one. Every character, situation, literally everything kept me wanting more. It dangled the mystery and doled out bits of it perfectly. I wanted something thematically consistent with that. Instead I got Fisher-Price Presents My First Japan, which happens all-too-often with Hollywood. I will be there next week but I expected so much more after a masterpiece.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
There were some cool moments, but the first episode was pretty meh overall.

I think they tried to do too much with it, and revealed the supernatural element way too early. Like others have said, it sort of removed the dread and tension that the first season was known for.

Nov 28, 2017
I watched Terror because of the subject matter, I loved the story of the Northwest Passage and was already familiar with much of it. And I appreciated the supernatural element.

Kinda not excited that they are using the same brand to tell a completely different story, and am still deliberating whether I should watch this. I have absolutely no interest in the story.

Now that I've read some comments here, I'm not sure I even want to watch it. I'll wait to see your opinions later on, I always watch all series after the season is completed, so I'm in no rush.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird departure from what I know of the original book/series.

I'll watch I guess

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's crazy how much of a departure in subject matter and tone this is compared to the previous season, but I'm absolutely here for it. It was a really slow open, but then so was the previous season, and I really like that the horror is a completely different flavour. The actress who played the tea girl was fantastically unsettling. The whole way through that scene it weireded me out how lifeless her eyes looked.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first episode did a really good job of setting the tone of the season. I didn't even think it was slow either - I was engaged throughout and I even found it surprising how quickly they introduced the supernatural elements. The woman stabbing herself in the ear reminded me of a similar scene in Junji Ito's Uzumaki.