• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
1. Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)
2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
3. Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017)
4. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
5. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
6. Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)
7. LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
8. LEGO Star Wars
9. Star Wars: Battlefront (2004)
10. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Knights of the Old Republic not being in the top ten makes me sad.

Good on Fallen Order though.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
All this list makes me think about is that there is a surprising lack of Star Wars games in general.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Dark Forces II was sooooo good.

Not surprised it's not on this list.

I am surprised that none of the X-Wing / X-Wing vs Tie Fighter / etc games made it. Those games were all over Walmart shelves in the late 90s/early 2000s.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Sad that The Force Unleashed (trash) and Shadows of the Empire (mediocre) are above KOTOR, but unsurprising given the primary plaftorms.

Surprised to see Fallen Order at #2, hopefully the sequel is better

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Dark Forces II was sooooo good.

Not surprised it's not on this list.

I am surprised that none of the X-Wing / X-Wing vs Tie Fighter / etc games made it. Those games were all over Walmart shelves in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Exactly.

On the shelves, not in the homes!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Jedi: Fallen Order and DICE's Battlefront II being so close to the top makes me very happy. Such great games.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. No KOTOR at all makes me really sad and also think that maybe I should play some other Star Wars games.

I do play other Star Wars games.

For something that is functionally a console-exclusive game to this day, Shadows of the Empire rounding out the top 10 is no small feat. Goes to show how much being part of a massive multimedia push for Star Wars at the time helped the game out, on top of it being so heavily advertised as one of the premier N64 titles in its launch window.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Not surprised the Squadrons isn't on the list.

I just hope it performed well enough to warrant a sequel!

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
i'm fine with battlefront 2015 at the top, it was a lot of fun, beautiful, and mostly (all?) OT stuff. great game.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Jedi Knight will always be my favourite Star Wars game. That game was fucking magical back in 1997.
After that it's Battlefront 2. It captures the Star Wars battles atmosphere like no other game. Tremendous game.
i'm fine with battlefront 2015 at the top, it was a lot of fun, beautiful, and mostly (all?) OT stuff. great game.
I just hope DICE plays their cards right and take everything great from BF1+2 and make it into one huuuuuge BF3 game with next-gen graphics. I can't wait for this.

Jedi Knight will always be my favourite Star Wars game. That game was fucking magical back in 1997.
It's a shame that a console port wasn't feasible for Jedi Knight, as I think the sales were hurt by being PC-exclusive. That said, that game pushed tech hard and was so well done on a production level with the way the live-action cutscenes played into the game that it felt like even more of a lost Star Wars movie than Shadows of the Empire did.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefront II would've been right up there if they had nailed its launched I think. Both Battlefront games have been good but haven't been what I'm looking for. They are lacking something imo.

Really happy for Respawn and Fallen Order though. That game did amazing.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Not surprising that neither Knights of the Old Republic games are in the top 10 - both are in a more niche genre than any of the Top 10 titles, added with the smaller install base of their primary console platform.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Battlefront II being so high on the list after the absolute reaming it got at launch is amazing to me. Especially when you consider the list is by dollars made, not units sold. I thought the game was already getting heavy discounts just a couple weeks after it launched.

Not surprising that neither Knights of the Old Republic games are in the top 10 - both are in a more niche genre than any of the Top 10 titles, added with the smaller install base of their primary console platform.
WRPGs were in the process of just happening in the console space, so it really shouldn't be a surprise that they wouldn't sell anywhere near the top. I am curious to see what 11-20 looks like, as I imagine that KOTOR1 has a decent chance of being near the bottom of that, along with the first two Rogue Squadron games, Squadrons and Racer.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a reasonable top 10 when factoring in the year, platforms, and marketing each of those games received, especially the ones that launched near a prequel/sequel trilogy movie. I figured The Force Unleashed would have a spot on there; it ended up being one of the only major Star Wars games to grace the PS3/360 generation, and it received a strong push. I recall Lucas himself hyping it up, and Starkiller, Yoda, and Vader were all guest characters in Soulcalibur IV that year.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I believe the list to be true in terms of pure sales and whatnot .

But man, no X-wing/Tie Fighter/DarkForces series/or KOTOR- which IMO represent the Mount Rushmore of the best Star Wars games- that just hurts my gaming heart. But yeah, I know PC Star Wars games of the 90s (and KOTOR exclusive on xbox and released later for pc) just aren't going to have the sales figures these other products have on modern consoles.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap... Shadows of the Empire.

tenor.gif

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
To put some context in that top 10, the game at the bottom (Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire) sold 1,73 million units on Nintendo 64. It also was released on PC but I don't know how it performed.

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

I feel like if there were a modern WRPG set in the Star Wars Universe, it would sell somewhere in between The Witcher and Skyrim.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Quick hack to make a success full Star Wars game:
Name it 'Lego Star Wars "insert title here" : Battlefront'