The top 50 sexiest accents in the United States

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck... I understand the southern charm aspect of some southern accents. But fucking NY/Boston and Chicago. No, no. Disgusting. I think there's a good reason they're going away.

Their 15 friends who they got to take the pull are all in the North East probably lol.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Their description of the Alabama accent sounds nothing like an Alabama accent...

Like, did they just make shit up?

Moist_Owlet

Avenger
Dec 26, 2017
List is actual garbage trash. Like I had an empty wendy's cup next to my computer and I couldn't tell the difference between it and the list.

Also the best accent is cincinnati b/c that's mine.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Boston? Oh hell no.

I mean I don't judge people based on accents because you can't help it, but Boston accents always sound harsh on my ear.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Hmmm, I never really associated the mispronunciation of words part of an "accent", but I guess it is.

I have a DEFINITE southern "accent/draw". However, I don't horribly mispronounce words like a lot of people around here.

I do hear a LOT of words said incorrectly though. Cracks me up. My step-sister says "fanger" instead of "finger" for example. Heck, my own mother says "simular" instead of "similar". She also says "nearwer" instead of "nearer". <-That one has always blown my mind..haha. I don't know how I didn't pick these up growing up around these people???

Matthew77

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
As a new englander from MA, hell naw on Boston. Of course I will never tire of also pointing out that the “boston” accent and the “Kennedy”’accent are both super specific accents particular to super specific areas and most people from MA don’t sound like that at all.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm sorry, you think Long Island is the sexiest?

This list sucks at both ends.
Nothing for nothing, but when someone from the NY/North East goes on their summer vacations down south I noticed two things growing up.

Girls love the accent
Local guys hate it because the girls love it.
NY/Boston/Jersey sound unique compared to the rest of the country is my guess.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I can say about heavy New York and Boston accents is that they are amusing, but in no way sexy.
Most of the time I hear New York and Boston accents it's in media where the New York accent is typically associated with a douchey character and the Boston usually with dumber characters. Rarely ever as "sexy".

Southern accent, sure, I can see that. That and any accent with a slight Lantinx influence are about the only US accents I'd say have any "sexiness" to them.

grandjedi

Oct 25, 2017
Texas is just the misplaced cowboy fetish in action

None of the other top accents make sense. It came from an online survey without a sample size so people probably just voted for their own accent.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I love British accents. "Pure" Boston accents are like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Yeah the only think in common with Boston and most of the UK is it being non-rhotic wheras most American accents are rhotic. Has to do with the upper class in England trying to sound fancy in the late 1800s and Boston being America's highest educated city at the time got influenced. Beyond the non rhotic they sound nothing alike.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
I'm from Massachusetts and that's a no from me. Especially on a dude, because that means your either a cop, a contractor, or trying to sell me something I don't want.

Sulik2

Oct 27, 2017
A light to medium thick southern accent can be very attractive. I love my girlfriends accent. But most American accents are just terrible and Boston and NY are like being stabbed in your ears. Who voted on this list?

I love British accents. "Pure" Boston accents are like nails on a chalkboard to me.
British is too general, you need to specify an area. After going to London last year and hearing a cockney accent, you must separate whatever accent you are talking about being British from that. I'm not even sure that is English.

Feb 21, 2019
The Texas accent is great (because I can't hear it...get it), but Boston being 2, unfortnately, invalidates that entire list. Because...WOW. NYC and Boston accents are like the human voice, subject to a cheese grater.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
There are no sexy American accents. I say that as a totally unsexy-sounding Canadian.

Maya Fey

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the southern one. I'm from Texas and I always thought it was associated with lack of education. I'm under the impression that internationally the TV/Hollywood/midwestern accent ""no accent"" is considered cool/sexy.

Oct 27, 2017
The only people that talk right are in the Northwest. The rest of you sound like dipshits.
Both Boston and New York accents, in particular, suck.