• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The top 50 sexiest accents in the US

The top 3
3- New York
2-Boston
1-Texas

Alll the way down at #50 is Long Island, which is basically a NY accent so to me this is a flawed poll but I'm sure it will be fun to discuss

Edit: wasn't much of a article to quote, one paragraph and I would have been quoting the whole thing and wasn't sure of forum rules when the source has such few amounts of words.

Oct 25, 2017
You could not distinguish between 50 accents in the US. That's getting to a level of specificity that no one beyond locals will be able to parse.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
They're right that the Midwest ones are the absolute worst. The northeast ones should be just as low too though.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I always thought the Boston accent was the exact opposite of sexy, but maybe that's just me.

To be honest I'd have a really hard time picking any sexy US accent. Same for Canada.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Yo my guy come over here and lay that pipe. Deadass, kill it.

*swoon*

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Boston? LMAO

WHO FINDS THAT ABOMINATION OF ACCENT SEXY???

Valley girl accents are sexier than a fucking Boston accent, and valley girl accents are garbage too

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Theres no way Chicago is 5th. First off it's pretty much a dead accent other than a small pocket of the Southside having the accent still. But it has to be the worst accent in America.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The only accent I've found that non Americans even slightly like is a southern accent.

People saying Boston actually mean "the movie Departed"

Hell, I love a NYC accent, but only when Marisa Tomei is sporting it.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Texas isn't one accent. There's your dubya accent which I think is Midland. There's your generic major city accent with a bit of randomness due to so many immigrants from all over the state in Austin. There's tejano along the south through San Antonio. There's your dumbass accent in the rural tall pines. Not even sure if I can pin down Dallas or Houston.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who lives in Texas, I am really wondering if the voters are confused. There's multiple accents here, first of all, but I am not certain that the most common ones are what people who aren't from here actually associate with here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why white girls from the midwest come to NYC, dead ass. Facts

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I, too, find Boston's accent to be sexy:

ySJc2ap.jpg