• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
C'mon now the Minnesota accent is cute. How can that be so low while something like Boston is so high?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking as someone who grew up 20 miles north of Boston and thus had to contend with its accent AND its mutant offspring, the New Hampshire accent...

There is nothing sexy about it. Thank the gods I never inherited either one.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I, too, find Boston's accent to be sexy:

ySJc2ap.jpg

Seriously. It makes me wince every time.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
As an English guy, I've always wanted a woman with a really broad Bronx / Brooklyn accent to call me a dog.

Outside of that, I don't really think any American accents are that sexy. Apart from the really pronounced ones like Minnesota, everything else just falls into a a bit of a mélange in the middle.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
11th. Northwestern
The hard-to-pin-down Northwestern accent is found in Oregon and Washington has features of the Canadian/California Vowel Shift. The letter "e" in words like egg sounds more like 'ay', so don't be confused if you hear someone ordering avo and "ayggs" for their breakfast.

Fucking l-o-l. I'd be legitimately impressed if someone could pick out a PNW accent without knowing our regional idioms and even that's impressive on its own.

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
The American accent is bad and hurts my ear. Outside of America, you all sound exactly the same.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I get the Texas one. It's a good, relaxed drawl that isn't excessive and can sound laid back. Not as good as a west North Carolina accent, though. Both are better than a trashy, low Southern accent, where they manage to get three vowels out of one.

I'm not sure what a California accent is supposed to be, though. North and South sound different, and everyone in the Central Valley sounds like they're from Oklahoma.

Oct 30, 2017
I like a New York accent, southern or Boston accent on a girl. But honestly not high on my list.

I even prefer British accents on girls, even though I'm British myself. The Chelsea accent <3

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Texas being #1 is as expected.

Nothing is more meltalicious than a good Texan accent.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Wtf is a Philly accent and how did it break the top 10?!

Is it just using "jawn" in place of every other word?

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
As someone with the ninth sexiest accent I really don't know what to make of it. For domestic Americans I feel like anything "exotic" is considered sexy (Latin, Queens English, French, etc). Whereas only strong outliers in American accents(Southern, New England, etc) are the only ones to produce any sway in attraction for better or worse.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 12 states that make up the Midwest have some of their own unique accents, but generally speaking the Midwestern accent in say, Iowa and Nebraska, is subtle and sweet. The words Mary, marry, and merry all rhyme with each other.
Ok, which one of you weirdos pronounces these differently?

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
I do get complemented on my Texas accent, even when I'm in Dallas..... They actually should have put Oklahoman accent as #1 and Texan accent as #2.

But the Boston accent?? That has to be the worst sounding noise to come from a humans mouth..

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas Accent is the same as my accent if they are talking about "South Midland" as an accent. Can't be that one, lol... I'm used to people just thinking I'm am illiterate. Never really got 'sexy' out of it. They are talking about El Paso cowboys, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I think the closest thing in Texas that people think is the Texas accent are the farm to market towns between Dallas, Houston, and Austin. Like bastrop, Brenham, Tyler.

It's a myopic view of Texas. Probably less than 10% of the population and disproportionately white.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, which one of you weirdos pronounces these differently?

Yeah, I thought that was normal American pronunciation common in all accents. Just like 'tin/ten' and 'pin/pen' being pronounced identically. Is that a midwest thing? I'm from where South meets Midwest and I always thought we speak a midwestern dialect with a southern accent. Never know what comes from what.

Which Texas accent are they talking about, btw?

Y4WXAOTHRM4QHNDQGDESG6NAII.gif

I'd have to think whatever Dallas has.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Pretty sure my Boston accent was the only reason I got a girlfriend at my college in Oregon lol. It's nothing like it sounds like in movies/tv btw. I still find it annoying when I hear a recording of my voice lol

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Boston accent isn't even from Boston. You may still find it in the Malden/Medford/Everett area north of the city but Southie (where that accent is from) is ritzy as fuck now.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The top 50 sexiest accents in the US

The top 3
3- New York
2-Boston
1-Texas

Alll the way down at #50 is Long Island, which is basically a NY accent so to me this is a flawed poll but I'm sure it will be fun to discuss

Edit: wasn't much of a article to quote, one paragraph and I would have been quoting the whole thing and wasn't sure of forum rules when the source has such few amounts of words.
Did a deaf person make this poll. NY, Boston, and Texas are some of the worst accents in the world.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
Southern drawl makes you sound dumb even if you are not. I've heard girls mock "Y'alll over thaaar" behind people's back after walking away even if the person was being nice. how's that sexy?

agree with number 2

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
As a Floridian, we have an accent? I'm not even sure how would one even describe a Floridian accent considering the diversity of accents and languages we have here from The Caribbean.