• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was another bit of Nielsen's year in review that I found interesting.

tUNd7ak.png

q0EYRaW.png

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
That influence number is probably the most illuminating thing on there.

The last 2 weeks summit has played Sea of Thieves has probably been more valuable for that game than any traditional television ads.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
That influence number is probably the most illuminating thing on there.

The last 2 weeks summit has played Sea of Thieves has probably been more valuable for that game than any traditional television ads.

I honestly feel it's come to a point where all marketing should be positioned to pay big streamers to just play your game.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I honestly feel it's come to a point where all marketing should be positioned to pay big streamers to just play your game.
We're already there which is why it's super important Twitch and other online platforms adhere to FTC rules and make it visible who and who isn't getting paid to play a certain game at a certain time.

Summit's playing of SoT has been super organic but it's hard to tell which streams are essentially paid ads as it is now.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty daunting imagining all of those hours watched to primarily one person be it Ninja, Shroud, etc.

That's an absolutely massive audience. And unlike having a cable news show you dont even have to censor yourself that much.

All that popularity for being good at a games and fairly personable. Mad respect.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate they did not put Mixer on the blue section as to not shame the other services.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja would obviously be #1 but I'm kind of shocked to see summit so high. I guess I probably live in the Fortnite bubble a little too much.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja playing Fortnite is popular. Ninja, when playing anything else drops to like 5K. People like Summit, Shroud, Soda, Lirik, Doc etc, play whatever they want and have 15K to 40K.

This is not true at all, he drops to 5-10k when playing FFXI, but when he played Call of Duty he still pulled 50-100k. When he played that battle royale that Cliffy made he pulled 50-100k. He just doesn't play much beyond that.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Ninja and Fornite are a great combo. He was streaming FFXI last night as well.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This is not true at all, he drops to 5-10k when playing FFXI, but when he played Call of Duty he still pulled 50-100k. When he played that battle royale that Cliffy made he pulled 50-100k. He just doesn't play much beyond that.
Not to mention Realm Royale and he was still pulling 30-40k.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Shroud's been my go-to "on in the background" stream for a while now, well mostly VODs considering my work hours

Surprised to see him above OWL though, pretty cool

Koz

Sep 5, 2018
Where is lirik? He always has a ton of viewers
I'd guess he's in the 11-20 bracket, but his viewership has been somewhat reduced by the Fortnite craze (which he doesn't play). It was apparent he was pretty bummed about it the beginning of last year but he seems to have come to terms with it at this point.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess he's in the 11-20 bracket, but his viewership has been somewhat reduced by the Fortnite craze (which he doesn't play). It was apparent he was pretty bummed about it the beginning of last year but he seems to have come to terms with it at this point.
Also has weird hours and takes an entire day off each week.

Tyler1 and Sodapoppin most impressive on the list. Extended breaks and still pull big numbers.
Sodapoppin's irl stuff has been so damn entertaining. Wish Tyler1 would stop playing League.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We're already there which is why it's super important Twitch and other online platforms adhere to FTC rules and make it visible who and who isn't getting paid to play a certain game at a certain time.

Summit's playing of SoT has been super organic but it's hard to tell which streams are essentially paid ads as it is now.

Yep, I always appreciate when streamers make it clear (which they should be doing anyway, obviously). DansGaming usually has a pretty sizable watermark of "#ad or "#PaidStream" or something on his screen when something is a paid stream, as do a few others I watch. Most of them also add it in the title of the stream and of course constantly mention it when talking.