• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Someone posted a My Pet Monster in another thread and I suddenly had flashbacks of toys I used to have back as a kid.

So I thought why not make a thread about it!

What were your favorite toys, action figures and/or dolls?

I'll start of with some of my favorites:

Madball Head poppers! You could shoot their head off. Pretty far actually and the tiny heads were heavy af!

madpopperspic-prev.jpg

Grumples! You squeezed them and they stuck their tongue out and made a fart sound

s-l300.jpg

Jayce and the Wheeled Warrior cars! You could 'custom' build these (put on different wheels and guns) It had a tiny gross brain in the driver seat!

saw+boss+group.jpg

So Era, show me your favorite toys!

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
checklist.jpg

For me, it was the Kenner Star Wars figures from the 70s/80s. I had almost all of them, just never all at the same time. I cannot work out where they went since its not like I ever found any of them years later.

OP
OP

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For me, it was the Kenner Star Wars figures from the 70s/80s. I had almost all of them, just never all at the same time. I cannot work out where they went since its not like I ever found any of them years later.

I had a lot of those too. All gone now (no idea where) except the Gammorean guard. I somehow still have that one haha.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
I was a He-Man kid myself. Also adored Transformers and M.A.S.K. and basically all the other stuff.

Also loved my STARCOM toys

starcom_back.jpg

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Auto Morphin Power Rangers. (reddit image)
6333866154_ac263df45c_b.jpg

TMNT action figures (someone's pinterest, also not my image)
977944588426874e24a906d97d88ad4b.jpg

I had All of the flip heads, only a few of the TMNT ones.

Oct 27, 2017
Rotherham, England
I don't think they were very popular outside of the UK but I used to love Manta Force.

The Battle Fortress was probably my favourite thing that I owned. Those cannons/guns fired plastic balls and those red platforms would flip when the enemies hit the big targets (talk about a design flaw in your base of operations).

latest

I also had the MANTA ship (good guys):

latest

And the Viper Squad's (bad guys) Red Venom ship:

latest

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
The Main one for me was Star Wars Figures I had a ton of them, all random and when they went on sale after 86 or 87 as its popularity waned a bit for example I got I got a bag of about 20 random figures once from Woolworths bought for me by my gran they were loose and off their backing cards, so they just made these large bundles and sold them off really cheap to get rid of them and even the cheap stores like poundstretchers started selling them cheap even on backing cards I remember getting 3 ree-yees figures from my aunt for xmas one year instead of being dissapointed on recieving the same gift 3 times i didn't care I built them up like a mini army.

Let me tell you I was spoilt rotten as a kid in the 80's and my late nan bless her would buy me a new figure EVERY week without fail, sometimes more for Years and I wasn't even the only grand child at that point, so just kept spoiling me moe than the other grand kids.
I had so many figures over the years that my mum started giving them to school fetes or charity ( I don't know if you had these in the u.s or the rest of the world, just basically selling toys and stuff donated by parents on stalls and there would be foods and snacks and activities, I think it's the same as School Fairs?)

In some cases I had almost 20 or more figures per toy line, others under 10

He-Man
Thundercats
Transformers
Go bots
Random action movie figures one offs - Commando, Rambo, Robocop, Karate kid, Gremlins, E.T
Muscle men - lots of these of these all random as theyd come in packs of 5 or more I think?
Brave Starr
Manta Force
M.A.S.K
Action Force (british version of GI Joes)
Action Man
Monster in My pockets
Rocklords
WWF
Scaletrix (but a cheap knock off)

Oh my god I had forgotten names of some of these, then started googling and discovered more from someones list of forgotten ones, no kidding I had at least one toy from at least half of that persons list 😳

Captain Power
Sectaurs
Supernaturals
Visionairies - I even remembered the theme tune to the cartoon
Battle beasts
Starcomm

I know there is way more that I am forgetting, basically all of these shaped me in some way or another and I just want to say I was spoiled rotten, damn ut I loved them all

Also my dad decided at the age of 10 that would be the last year I was allowed "Kids Toys" like figures and so for my 11th year I was only allowed more grown up stuff like Board Games, Technic Lego, Video or Computer games and then Clothes etc that included my Birthday as well as Xmas. ( basically no 90's toys so stuff like power rangers etc bypassed me)

Wow what a throwback to my childhood.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they were very popular outside of the UK but I used to love Manta Force.

The Battle Fortress was probably my favourite thing that I owned. Those cannons/guns fired plastic balls and those red platforms would flip when the enemies hit the big targets (talk about a design flaw in your base of operations).

latest

I also had the MANTA ship (good guys):

latest

And the Viper Squad's (bad guys) Red Venom ship:

latest

Oh god I owned all of these got them all for my 8th or 9th birthday one year

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
While it's easy to say the original Megazord was my favorite toy I honestly liked the later ones. Sure I was a tad older than child at that point but who cares I found these way more fun.
hqdefault.jpg

81cFbIXF3RL._SY550_.jpg

PRZEOMEGA-02.JPG

I tended to like the secondary Megazords over the first set so all of these appealed to me in a big way. The Supertrain most of all just cause of how large it was.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Someone posted a My Pet Monster in another thread and I suddenly had flashbacks of toys I used to have back as a kid.

Madball Head poppers! You could shoot their head off. Pretty far actually and the tiny heads were heavy af!

madpopperspic-prev.jpg

Grumples! You squeezed them and they stuck their tongue out and made a fart sound

s-l300.jpg

Jayce and the Wheeled Warrior cars! You could 'custom' build these (put on different wheels and guns) It had a tiny gross brain in the driver seat!

saw+boss+group.jpg

Very Eerie but all these were a part of my childhood.

I couldnt have told you the green thing was called a grumples. I loved that thing but it was called Fartacon to me.:)

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes I remember the smell of my old toys and get huge flashbacks. Played mostly with WWF superstars, Ninja Turtels, M.a.s.k, those Mech Dinoriders, Ghostbusters ofc and couple of other boy toys stuff with my cousin. What a lovely and sheltered childhood we had.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
While it's easy to say the original Megazord was my favorite toy I honestly liked the later ones. Sure I was a tad older than child at that point but who cares I found these way more fun.
hqdefault.jpg

81cFbIXF3RL._SY550_.jpg

PRZEOMEGA-02.JPG

I tended to like the secondary Megazords over the first set so all of these appealed to me in a big way. The Supertrain most of all just cause of how large it was.
Mega Voyager and Super Zeo are the GOAT megazords, alongside the Lightspeed Rescue Space Zords. I was a secondary zord kid as well, they were always way more badass. Honorable mention goes to the Rescue Megazord from Turbo, which ks like a predecessor to the Lightspeed Rescue one:
DX-Rescue-Megazord-box.jpg

I was too young for Zeo and Turbo to fully appreciate em, but I did have the toys from like 3 years old. Beyond that, there are way too many transformers that I can post. Those were all my toys in a nutshell, megazords and transformers.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

madpopperspic-prev.jpg

s-l300.jpg

saw+boss+group.jpg

All of these things look like stuff my son would love now and isn't too far from things they actually make.

Those mad balls in particular would be a hit

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Had the Gobot Combiner

CourageousLoose1a.jpg

Photos do not accurating capture the bullshit this was. None of the gobots would stay in the suits

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Now, who remember the Wuzzles, the Popples, the Glowworms and the SnuggleBumms?

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
My parents had to get up early and drive far to get all the Voltron lions for me one Christmas:

c1c72b9ef03a9a2bf7f9699a4386c15e.jpg

I had all these TMNT figures (+ Shredder and Foot Soldier figures):
45b5632cf4602993c228f0f46677a2ce.jpg

I also had a lot of Lego but these were probably the biggest sets I had:
DmNjEY5X4AA1QCH.jpg

x6274.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FfWQJY2tig.jpg

71XhbcYA5EL._SX522_.jpg

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
You can't post a title ripping off the Netflix series without recommending one of the best Netflix shows available on this subject...

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I was so heavily into collecting toys/action figures as a kid that it is still my hobby to this day.

I truly lived through the glory years, starting with Masters of the Universe which I was beyond obsessed with.
Then I was really into the Real Ghostbusters line, and then of course TMNT.
I also dabbled in Madballs, Toxic Crusaders, Thundercats, Star Wars, Monster in my Pocket, Crash Test Dummies... incredible times for action figures!

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Exosquad. Man they were AMAZING. I had a bunch of them too, loved the hell out of them.

jt.jpg

Also, the cartoon was one of the best of the 90s.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
There are the obvious ones like The Turtles, Transformers and LEGO etc, but I was crazy into Mighty Max.

mXAvzCw.jpg

mm-whole-set-3.jpg

I'm fairly sure I had the entire set! I recognize most of the ones in that pic.

I think there was a TV show as well.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Stompers were the coolest toy ever for a little while in the early 80's, until I moved on to He-Man.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Who remembers this piece of shit? It would light up if you squeezed it, only it took the strength of Hercules to apply enough pressure for the light to come on.
Original-glowworm-photo.jpg

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Mostly the classic Ninja Turtle action figures with the turtle van. And some other choice figures from that collection:

tmnt+usagi+yojimbo.jpg
NmJhMDkyY2Q4MTc1MmI4MTQxMWQwZmZlZDJkOWQ4YWPxzARpuM8DCDeKxAtGajghaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vODY5YzNkZmI0NWY5MTg3N2MzN2Q1OTBiZmFkNGE0ODlhMzdiODViNWU2NjllNGU2NzNiODhiZGIzNjNkNGYxMS5qcGd8fHx8fHwyNDF4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Had some GI Joe's and such, but the TMNT stuff was my fave. Oh, and these rubber wrestling figures...

WWF-LJN-Hart-Foundation-Bret-Hitman-Hart.jpg
hulkhogan3.jpg

(Fuck Hulk Hogan)

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I was less into action figures and more into building things.

First it was Lincoln Logs
8f6d18d2-d018-45b1-af0f-c7340a73d6eb_1.65b7fcb099108db6d8549b99acf2586a.jpeg

Then it was Capsela
capsela-01.png

Then a small stint with Robotix

robotix-300x225.jpg

Then it was Erector Set
Vintage-Meccano-Erector-Set-Metal-Model-Construction-Builder.jpg

Then finally I settled with K'Nex and that's the one I stuck with the longest.
51-6RAGzWTL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I did NOT like Legos. They were way too boring.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Most of my childhood stuff has already been thrown out, but these awesome things here:

You could build the craziest shit, even vertically.