• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be frank: they're white supremacists and it has nothing to do with religion no matter how much they parrot it.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Ah yes, good ol' "I'll ask God for forgiveness if I ever actually do something wrong" Trump, Mister "Two Corinthians", and the classic "even the Pope isn't safe from the counter-punches."

A true evangelical. Forget that "turn the other cheek" stuff. A true evangelical is all about ""You've got to hit 'em back five times harder than they ever thought possible."

Just like Jesus taught, surely.
Sometime you have to turn the other cheek, depending on what side your hand gun is holstered on.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
nobody knows the bible like trump, he knows all the words

he has the best passages, the tremendous power of god

jesus was good, i think he would have voted trump

giphy.gif

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I know some of the evangicals on my fb feed didn't vote for Romney because they were uncomfortable voting for a Mormon. Trump? Hey, he's not Mormon so all's well.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Actually had a convo with an evangelical because I called trump a fool and an embarrassment, they called him a king and compared him to being anointed by God. These people are truly gone.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
The thing is what has he done?

His ban against transgender servicemen was blocked.

The wall isn't being built.

Israel needs to be destroyed not Syria.

Heck they didn't establish that embassy in Jerusalem.

Why is he going up when all he did was talk big and try a few things but failed publicly.

His only success is the tax reduction which wasn't a thing that concerns them no differently from other groups.

Gorsuch on the SCOTUS is one victory conservatives will point to.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
They're terrible people and hypocrites who view power as more important than morals, principles, and their own religion. So yeah, perfect fit for Trump. If there is a hell, they can join Trump in his cell.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Many of the churches (like the one I attended for my grandma's birthday) believe that the President is basically the Pope of Evangelical Christianity and that he should be followed at all costs.

Unless they are a Democrat, I guess. But they truly have deluded themselves into believing that a Republican President is a disciple of God and that anyone that gets in the way is ungodly.

Oct 27, 2017
What would Jesus do?

Behold a new Christ
Behold the same old horde
Gather at the altering
New beginning, new word
And the word was death
And the word was without light
The new beatitude:
"Good luck, you're on your own"

Blessed are the fornicates
May we bend down to be their whores
Blessed are the rich
May we labour, deliver them more
Blessed are the envious
Bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain
Blessed are the gluttonous
May they feast us to famine and war

What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful?
What of the meek, the mourning, and the merciful?
All doomed
All doomed

Behold a new Christ
Behold the same old horde
Gather at the altering
New beginning, new word
And the word was death
And the word was without light
The new beatitude:
"Good luck..."

What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful?
What of the meek, the mourning, and the merciful?
What of the righteous?
What of the charitable?
What of the truthful, the dutiful, the decent?

Doomed are the poor
Doomed are the peaceful
Doomed are the meek
Doomed are the merciful
For the word is now death
And the word is now without light
The new beatitude:
"Fuck the doomed, you're on your own"

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Incredible how big of a hypocrite most Evangelicals are.
More like they're susceptible to being brainwashed... and that's something both religions and Fox News are equally able to capitalize upon.
This has nothing to do with values and everything to do with how weak-minded they are.

And I would argue Evangelicals and Christians are separate groups completely.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
What's an Evangelical? There are plenty of Christians who have liberal political views because they, um, actually read the parts of the Bible about Jesus
Rereading the bible in the NLT translation was pretty interesting. It's like, the SECOND you get past the "gospels" you are in hardcore right-wing territory. The accepting and loving tone found all throughout Matthew through John almost immediately vanish into an incredibly restrictive pre-medieval sense of moral obligation as soon as you start reading Acts Romans.

Edit: Was thinking of the wrong book. Edits in italics.

Last edited:

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Rereading the bible in the NLT translation was pretty interesting. It's like, the SECOND you get past the "gospels" you are in hardcore right-wing territory. The accepting and loving tone found all throughout Matthew through John immediately vanish into an incredibly restrictive pre-medieval sense of moral obligation as soon as you start reading Acts.
Really? I'm not recalling the hardcore conservatism there. Care to detail some of that stuff?

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
When was the last time Trump went to church? On average, how many times a year does he frequent mass? I can't imagine him having the patience for any of that. And I'm all too aware that he is one of the least religious (seeming) president, but I'm still curious as to the full extent of his apathy.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
More like they're susceptible to being brainwashed... and that's something both religions and Fox News are equally able to capitalize upon.
This has nothing to do with values and everything to do with how weak-minded they are.

And I would argue Evangelicals and Christians are separate groups completely.
That's giving some of them a way out, especially the leaders. I'm sure most are well aware how hypocritical they are but long as Trump tries to deal with PP and abortion he's a-okay in their book.

One of many examples - Major evangelical leader says Trump gets a "mulligan" on Stormy Daniels affair.

I'm sure he'll be given many mulligans down the road.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
You mean their fake contrived gag complex that only comes out when they want to whine or oppress others?

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Partisans gonna partisan

I don't know why people expect anything different.

It's just fascinating to see people that believe in a God and believe in getting into heaven willing to throw all the basic teachings of their bible to the side and support people that so blatantly encompass everything described as false idols. That they can sit back and say "yea I will be able to explain this to God at the gates of heaven"

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
The worse he gets the better he gets

Jesus couldn't even vote he wasn't a Roman citizen
Jesus, today, would never be accepted by modern Evangelicals as their savior. He's a Middle Eastern foreigner (non-White), a Jew (so as the Right-leaning dopes believe, a Globalist), he spread love and helps the sick and needy (a Humanitarian Hippie Liberal). Jesus would be crucified all over again by these Right-winged nutjobs.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
These people have no values. They're hopelessly broken.

As long as the person is anti-abortion, they'll vote for anyone.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Evangelicals are hypocrites? I'm completely shocked

/s

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, today, would never be accepted by modern Evangelicals as their savior. He's a Middle Eastern foreigner (non-White), a Jew (so as the Right-leaning dopes believe, a Globalist), he spread love and helps the sick and needy (a Humanitarian Hippie Liberal). Jesus would be crucified all over again by these Right-winged nutjobs.
it was literally the religious conservatives that convicted him and sent him to the romans for crucifixion back in the day.

the more things change the more they stay the same

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking about white evangelicals here, none of this is surprising.
What do you think the Klan was filled with?

Jan 18, 2018
Isnt their whole think that satan is coming back as a false prophet or something?

Like, bruh, maybe the dude sitting on the golden throne telling you what you want to hear isnt your friend