• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Help me out here.

I've seen multiple people here and elsewhere claim that you can repeatedly receive a 20% coupon on Uplay by spending 100 points, yet I have only been able to get this code one single time.

Any time I try now, I get the following:

"You've already purchased this coupon"

I contacted Ubisoft support, and was told that no, you can only receive a 20% Uplay coupon once.

GR6XkVW.png

So what's the deal here?

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Last time I tried to get one of these UbiSoft took the points and never emailed me the code.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I used that 20% off code earlier this year. After that, I kept seeing the promo on my uplay client so I tried again, and it said I'd already used it. So afaik, it's a one-time thing.

Diamond0892

Nov 10, 2017
I wasn't sure, so I checked my e-mail... and yes, I actually got it two times already, with a two-months difference.

I also thought that you could always do this, as long as you got 100 coins...

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
I just got 2 codes and both are unique to one another but i assume it can only apply to just one coupon per transaction rather than using both

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I just tried and got a code for 20% off but I didn't see if my Uplay points total went down! I applied at checkout and the price went down by 20% but I didn't check out as I don't want to buy anything at the moment.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I believe there are regional differences in play here. I am in Australia and I have always been able to trade 100 points for as many coupons as I wanted for at least the last 3 years (including towards any pre-orders).

To my knowledge the US is a lot more restrictive in how they can use the coupon and how many times it can be purchased

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Weird. I used that discount multiple times. I have two e-mails in my inbox, one from april and one from august. And that's on my new e-mail address.

I checked and I can request one right now as well.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I believe there are regional differences in play here. I am in Australia and I have always been able to trade 100 points for as many coupons as I wanted for at least the last 3 years (including towards any pre-orders).

To my knowledge the US is a lot more restrictive in how they can use the coupon and how many times it can be purchased
Maybe. As I said earlier I've only managed to receive one and I'm in the US.

Diamond0892

Nov 10, 2017
I just got 2 codes and both are unique to one another but i assume it can only apply to just one coupon per transaction rather than using both
I think this is the "trick" behind this system. You can request codes several times , but you can only use one per purchase. Maybe you can only request one code at a given time. For example if I already have a valid code, maybe I can't get another one until I use the first one...

Oct 27, 2017
Tell the uplay support to stop playing and reset your code.

It is obvious that something isn't working, nobody has the restriction of only a single code per account ever. One code = one use, but as long as you trade another 100 coins, you should get another code.

And if they ask where did you hear about the second code, send them the screenshot of the uplay client...

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the "trick" behind this system. You can request codes several times , but you can only use one per purchase. Maybe you can only request one code at a given time. For example if I already have a valid code, maybe I can't get another one until I use the first one...
No. As I said, I don't have any code. I had one in 2017 and it was either used or expired. Other people say they can't get a new code despite not having one currently.

Anyway, I just received this from Ubisoft:

sljk9SB.png

The link goes to a page which says this:

nPDvBHO.png

It seems to me that if people are getting more than one code, then it's some kind of mistake, or error with the system.

EDIT: I could have sworn I read people using the code for AC: Odyssey, which is very much a newly released title.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it either. Someone told me it stacks, so I tried using it on a 50% off game and it didn't work, then I think I tried using it a month later and it expired. Oh well, 20% off is less than their sale prices, so it's kind of a useless coupon unless you want to buy something day-one.

edit: oh word, it only works for 90 day old titles? Useless.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't get it either. Someone told me it stacks, so I tried using it on a 50% off game and it didn't work, then I think I tried using it a month later and it expired. Oh well, 20% off is less than their sale prices, so it's kind of a useless coupon unless you want to buy something day-one.

edit: oh word, it only works for 90 day old titles? Useless.
I used it for the AC Origins dlc's, since dlc's often go on sale less often than the game itself.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just used it on Odyssey, worked fine. I used it on Far Cry 5, Origins and For Honor too.

If its a bug, shhhhhhh, cause I got a sweet thing going right now, don't ruin it.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I've used it three times now, for preordering gold editions of games with discount, FC5 Gold, AC Origins Gold, and AC Odyssey Gold.

bod

Nov 1, 2017
i have paid 100 coins each time for 4 different codes in the last year. I am in UK

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I just used it on Odyssey, worked fine. I used it on Far Cry 5, Origins and For Honor too.

If its a bug, shhhhhhh, cause I got a sweet thing going right now, don't ruin it.

I've used it three times now, for preordering gold editions of games with discount, FC5 Gold, AC Origins Gold, and AC Odyssey Gold.

i have paid 100 coins each time for 4 different codes in the last year. I am in UK

Welp. This just highlights what a mess this is.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Welp. This just highlights what a mess this is.
As I said above there are regional differences as some regions can use the coupon on almost any game including pre orders and new games while other regions (I believe US is one) restrict it quite severely on how it can be used. There was another thread recently on this too. I will have a look and edit it in when I find it.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, especially them saying it's not supposed to work on pre orders. I pre ordered Origins and Far Cry 5 using these codes. I'm in EU, maybe it's a US thing?

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
They should stop advertising it in the Uplay client for people who can no longer claim a coupon.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The link goes to a page which says this:

nPDvBHO.png

It seems to me that if people are getting more than one code, then it's some kind of mistake, or error with the system.

EDIT: I could have sworn I read people using the code for AC: Odyssey, which is very much a newly released title.

Interesting I was able to both preorder FC5 and AC:Odyssey that way. (With two unqiue codes of course)

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I actually had to play through a chunk of Watch_Dogs on my Wii U to get enough points to redeem the coupon...

...which I used to buy the Mario+Rabbids UbiArt figures.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
The one time I redeemed this I had to contact ubi support after not getting the code.

Put it against a LE preorder for The Division that I got a couple days before street date, quite the nice transaction once I got past the hurdle for the code.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Tried getting a code again for the winter sale. No go. Even tried VPN to a different country to get a code.