• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet! A new trailer for that movie I'm dying to see just dropped, and I--

1d9jkZ8.png

Ah, shit.

To me, this is one of the most annoying things about the internet (before you go "Well, what about--" know that it slots in behind uncontrollable misinformation and hotbeds of radicalization).

Here we have one of the most amazing technological achievements in human history, allowing you to connect with anyone, anything--and it's still limited by where in the world you're located. I know you can easily get around it with VPNs, but it still feels so antithetical to the idea of the internet.

I don't think this is as big of an issue for US-ERA as it is for the rest of us, but I see that screen at least once a day.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I hate the embedded ones on Era that look available until you click play then oopsie-doopsie, unavailable - with no option to click through to YouTube unless the page is refreshed.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
On a related note the majority Youtube videos I try and play on here just come up and say 'Video Unavailable'.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
the funny thing is that era is the only site that gives me this problem with embeds. discords never does this

leenbzoold

Apr 5, 2018
I allways feel irrationally personally attacked when i see this, like as if the uploader was trying to offend an entire country on purpose.
That's never the actual reason of course.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think content distributors have the right to geoblock as they please. Unless it's for egregious political means or gross profiteering I think it's important for anyone to have this option. You need methods to protect yourself legally, I think this is fair.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed.

Humanity invents the internet to connect everyone around the world.
"Holy shit. We need to restrict this right NOW", said no one, ever.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This annoys the hell out of me whenever I wanna listen to some Japanese song on Spotify , only to see it being geolocked to Japan.

On YouTube I can at least use a VPN if everything else fails

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I just hate it when the embed wont work even if you can see the video in your country. I dont want to open a tab to see a video of a dog making a salad.

methane47

Oct 28, 2017
Yup it sucks
and I live in the caribbean. So I get that for Videos, Articles, Ads, even Games and Services, i can't even pay with my credit card at some companies.
Its bullshit.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Funimation is even worst.

Sorry, but this content isn't available in your country.

The entire website isn't available in my country? That's a load of bullshit Funimation. But well, if they want to lose money from other parts of the world, be my guest.