• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It absolutely is one of the best shows ever. I honestly believe that deep down inside. It's so watchable.

What blows my mind is how hard it is to get others to watch it. None of my friends or family will give it the time of day. I'm the only person I know IRL who watches this show. Part of it has to be because of how long it is between seasons. But damn, I look forward to Venture bros like I do few other shows. When the Venture Bros is awesome, it's really awesome.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On an unrelated note and I know it'll almost never happen but I would totally be there day 1 for a full on Venture Bros. movie from Hammer and Publick.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who wants them to somehow bring back Henchman 24? He was seriously one of my favorite characters.

EDIT: ALSO, we still haven't had an appearance by the single greatest villain in the show yet: Augustus St. Cloud.

Nobody in the show cracks me up like he does.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
On an unrelated note and I know it'll almost never happen but I would totally be there day 1 for a full on Venture Bros. movie from Hammer and Publick.

Holy shit. A movie as the series finale is totally what this show deserves.

Having VB back is making every other show feel kind of meh right now. My wife and I were super excited for new Saul and it's great and all, but I feel my thoughts drifting while watching. With Venture, I'm just hanging off every word and my wife is laughing at me freaking out during the build to every revelation.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. A movie as the series finale is totally what this show deserves.

Having VB back is making every other show feel kind of meh right now. My wife and I were super excited for new Saul and it's great and all, but I feel my thoughts drifting while watching. With Venture, I'm just hanging off every word and my wife is laughing at me freaking out during the build to every revelation.

Well, always sunny comes back in like 2 weeks as well, so hopefully that'll help balance things out.

Speaking of Movies -- All that and Gargantua 2 was sort of a mini movie when they didn't get a proper ending for Season 5. I hope that, when the show finally does end, if nothing else, they get a chance to wrap everything up. Because there is so much awesome lore in this show.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said it earlier in the thread but I'd love to explore the past a bit more. I'd love to see more of the Col. Venture era where the proto guild was in their war with Tesla. That era seems absolutely ripe for some great stuff especially with all the real life figures mixed in with the creations of the show.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I said it earlier in the thread but I'd love to explore the past a bit more. I'd love to see more of the Col. Venture era where the proto guild was in their war with Tesla. That era seems absolutely ripe for some great stuff especially with all the real life figures mixed in with the creations of the show.
According to the art book
Jackson wanted to do an old team venture movie at one point

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

1 minute, 9 seconds in

spoilers, obviously.

Did season 1 really take place 2 years ago in the Venture Bros universe? If so, wow.

Actually there's no way that's true, we just had the flashback this season to "2 years ago" where Jonas Jr. finds the remains of Gargantua-1 in the desert.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did season 1 really take place 2 years ago in the Venture Bros universe? If so, wow.

Actually there's no way that's true, we just had the flashback this season to "2 years ago" where Jonas Jr. finds the remains of Gargantua-1 in the desert.

that would be right after he left Dr. Venture's body, which was season 1, which is when Orpheus makes the prediction (his prediction is actually 2 years and a handful of days).

It actually all lines up, haha. All this has been 2 years.

EDIT: Reminder - Dean and Hank "graduated" highschool in season 4. Dean is currently a freshmen in college. That should show you how slowly time has been moving.

Last edited:

sam huge

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who wants them to somehow bring back Henchman 24? He was seriously one of my favorite characters.

EDIT: ALSO, we still haven't had an appearance by the single greatest villain in the show yet: Augustus St. Cloud.

Nobody in the show cracks me up like he does.

I think they originally killed 24 because his doing his voice was causing problems.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
that would be right after he left Dr. Venture's body, which was season 1, which is when Orpheus makes the prediction (his prediction is actually 2 years and a handful of days).

It actually all lines up, haha. All this has been 2 years.

EDIT: Reminder - Dean and Hank "graduated" highschool in season 4. Dean is currently a freshmen in college. That should show you how slowly time has been moving.

Actually, Gargantua-1 didn't crash until season 2, so it couldn't have been right after JJ got out of Rusty.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I think they originally killed 24 because his doing his voice was causing problems.
Nah, in the book they said they wanted to kill him just because.

"DH: This is the episode where we do the dumbest thing possible, which is to kill half our comedy team."
"JP: The night when we were just throwing dumb wish list ideas at each other, I think Doc came to me and he was like, "I wanna kill 24!" He didn't really have any reason for it. And I was just like, "Okay." I don't know why he wanted to do it.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, Gargantua-1 didn't crash until season 2, so it couldn't have been right after JJ got out of Rusty.

who is to say season 2 takes place long after season 1? The implication is that the crash of gargantua-1 in season 2 happened just a few days after Jonas Jr got out.

The further implication being that he shot up the corporate world like a meteor, being way, way more successful than his brother, haha.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
who is to say season 2 takes place long after season 1? The implication is that the crash of gargantua-1 in season 2 happened just a few days after Jonas Jr got out.

The further implication being that he shot up the corporate world like a meteor, being way, way more successful than his brother, haha.

Rusty's little vacation after the boys died was said to have been a month. Gargantua-1's crash then happened in the middle of the season.

Still, even if JJ didn't recover the PROBLEM device right after he got out, I think the timeline works just fine.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
DUDE THIS FUCKING EPISODE. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED. NO FUCKING WAY. GODDAMN THIS SERIES AND THIS EPISODE.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Dude i can't believe they brought back that line about Action Man dying of a stroke. My mind is fucking blown. Someone go back and check if the Problem Light was actually saying something in morse code back then.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
This is nuts. I still feel like I'm lost on stuff. Going to have to rewatch at least this episode and maybe the whole series again up to this point lol

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Dude i can't believe they brought back that line about Action Man dying of a stroke. My mind is fucking blown. Someone go back and check if the Problem Light was actually saying something in morse code back then.

I watched it after the first episode. I'm pretty sure it just blinks.

Edit: Near the end of the episode, the light blinks faster, but they don't show it blinking.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
When was the first time they mentioned the Monarch's name? I don't think this is the first time he's been called Malcolm.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Hahah. I kinda figured but I was still hoping. This show is still the best at callbacks. Might even be better than One Piece.

There's a part where it's blinking, but you don't see it.

When was the first time they mentioned the Monarch's name? I don't think this is the first time he's been called Malcolm.

I can't remember when, but I'm pretty sure he's been called Malcolm once before.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they also do a Rusty/Malcolm Venture Bros opening like they did for Rusty and JJ. But with Rusty and Monarch fighting throughout.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man the new Shirt Club design...
kBV07gz.jpg

$20 - https://www.titmousestuff.com/products/week-3-jonas-venture