• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd see the day Jonas' cause of death was revealed. It felt like one of those things that would be teased foever

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Whenever the show ends, they so do an 80s prequel series. I want to see more of the Guild from back then and Jonas Venture in his prime.

I never thought I'd see the day Jonas' cause of death was revealed. It felt like one of those things that would be teased foever

IF he's dead.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Man this episode...

...so much to process but man this is such a fucking treat if you stuck around for the whole Venture ride. Maybe we'll have more answers to come but I'm kind of glad we're getting something new next week.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The promo for next week was pretty funny and the description sounds like its going to be a bit more low key than the last few. Still can't wait for more.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I really want one episode with an escapade with that Suicide Squad of Red Death, Stab Girl, Laugh Riot, H8-Bit, Vendata, and Mr. Fahrenheit.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sure, but we know the cause

Do we? This show is full of fake outs. Why was jonas venture found frozen inside gargantua 1 when, if they opened the air locks, he should have been floating in space like everyone else?

EDIT: Also remember -- Bud Manstrong was the paper boy on the ship, and he obviously survived. I'm guessing he is somehow related to the death of Jonas. I'm thinking somehow the orgy tape got shown to the entire crew, and the "massacre" was some how part of a cover up, perhaps relating to Manstrong being so insanely prudish.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, watching again, it's pretty awesome how the Monarch is finally re-revealed after basically being absent for an entire season. I love the way the show over does his schtick, the shrill sound of his "evil" voice, the bombastic and overwrought music that plays when he shows up. But in this particular episode, it actually works without sarcasm. His re-reveal is legitimately epic, and he shows up at one of the best moments when the heaviest lore bombs start dropping.

The re-emergence of the Monarch has to be my favorite part of the episode.

Oct 26, 2017
watched it.

so after this episode, got me thinking.

M.O.T.H.E.R.
is mother the monarchs mom? did dr venture salavge two brains from that airplane accident, turn one into his advanced missile defense system, and the father into venturian.

and after venturain's failure, did he mind wipe the mother to make her more reliable??

on JONAS
I dont think he is a "villain" as in a member of the build, but he def is a villain.
I think Jonas managed to switch the brains, if so, OSI will clone blue morpho, and Jonas will create himself in secret through venturians body.

Do we? This show is full of fake outs. Why was jonas venture found frozen inside gargantua 1 when, if they opened the air locks, he should have been floating in space like everyone else?

EDIT: Also remember -- Bud Manstrong was the paper boy on the ship, and he obviously survived. I'm guessing he is somehow related to the death of Jonas. I'm thinking somehow the orgy tape got shown to the entire crew, and the "massacre" was some how part of a cover up, perhaps relating to Manstrong being so insanely prudish.
100% manstrong saw the cassett laying their and put it in, thinking it was the movie, everyone saw the orgy.
manstrong in his panicked state started pressing random buttons to try to stop/eject the cassett, and ending up spacing everyone.

manstrong lived because he was in the central command room.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
100% manstrong saw the cassett laying their and put it in, thinking it was the movie, everyone saw the orgy.
manstrong in his panicked state started pressing random buttons to try to stop/eject the cassett, and ending up spacing everyone.

Thus ensuring his skittishness towards sex for the rest of his life.

OP
OP
metsallica

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
AV Club - NO SCORE - https://tv.avclub.com/v-is-for-vendata-on-the-venture-bros-1828455263
The end of the "Morphic Trilogy" (who knew, right?), tonight's episode of The Venture Bros. seemed more like the end of a season than the third episode in a new one. You've really got to hand it to this show for committing to its world-building tendencies, even when those worlds can sometimes start to, well, look a little similar.

Updated the OP with next week's synopsis, too, if anyone wants a mild spoiler.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I love the idea of Manstrong accidentally being the cause of the massacre, dude was a paranoid weirdo so it would kind of make sense if he was living with that knowledge in secret.

Also didn't see it posted yet, this week's t-shirt:
agaom7O.jpg

lol nm it's at the end of last page. anyways, it's creepy! Would have liked something with vendata/BM on it tbh.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Those first 3 episodes are some of the best the show's ever done. I felt like my head was exploding with all the lore and callbacks and years old plotlines being resolved. Imagine having to write all these plotlines down and make sense of them in three 22 minutes episodes. No wonder this season took so long to get here! Amazing stuff.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Remember in season 1 when this show was nothing more than a Johnny Quest parody? Seems like a lifetime ago now. Pretty incredible to see where it started out and where it is now.

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that was more like a season finale. Holy shit.

Goddamn, Jonas is a gigantic piece of shit.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know the OSI is gonna get up to some shit with Jonas' head. Maybe he gets brought back but Lord Genome from TTGL as a living computer.

latest

IronRinn

Oct 25, 2017
After reading AV Club review comments:

Holy shit, I forgot Orpheus predicted Rodney's stroke back in season 1!

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I hope they find JJ and there's a mixup when it comes time to put his and Jonas Sr.'s heads on their respective clone bodies.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
This show really is great I just wish we got seasons more often yeesh!

And whoever it was that said we need a 80's spin off show is 100% on the money that would be a blast!

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
oh man, such a good episode coming off last week's

Should've figured Monarch was gonna run out of money, at least he didn't buy more Buttergliders.
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch made such a good moment motivating The Monarch to keep going.
H.E.L.P.E.R. working front desk security oh my god, I need more of that.
THINK TANK IS STILL ALIVE, in a coma, BUT STILL ALIVE (with Stars and Garters playing him music). But man, Hank and Dean are having terrible luck, is Dean gonna try to avoid Sirena now?
Also, Gary Cole was awesome, I hope he shows up more as Dean's science mentor, because godknows Rusty isn't capable.
...What happened to those Germans after Brock and Hatred went all in fullforce, that couldn't have ended well

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno what's up with AS posting all these episodes days before their air, but fuck I love it. About to watch the latest episode.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode, I wonder if the focus on super-hero/villain finance might be a season-long thing.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode, I wonder if the focus on super-hero/villain finance might be a season-long thing.

I think it's more
Monarch rising through the ranks and Rusty trying to stay a float as he is crashing his new fortune (having none of the ingenuity that JJ had). I'd think it would be hilarious if after all this, Monarch finally reaches his level 10 status only for Rusty to be busted back to a low level and can't arch him due to Guild bureaucracy.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was a pretty cute episode. Saw the Hank-Dean-Sirina love triangle coming from a mile away last few episodes, though, haha.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Another great episode.
I would normally be dreading the evidently-incoming love triangle, but I think a Hank vs Dean sibling feud could actually be interesting. Professor Von Helping is Red Death-levels fantastic, and I loved his transformation scene. I'm curious what their plans are for Think Tank.

It was weird they left the AirBnB couple dangling. I thought for sure that would be the after-credits stinger.