• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Seems incredibly disappointing. Is that it? Is there any chance of yet another model thet actually does have better specs?

Oct 27, 2017
😂 I'm sure it will sell fine but hasn't this been Nintendo's way for the last 25 years? What was going to power anything better. We never have seen a tegra chip update. We would have heard something of that at some point right?

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Good for my wallet I guess. Though if there is a Metroid Dread edition of the console, Nintendo will get my wallet anyway.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Really digging the black and white. Wish it was an upgrade because I'd be all over this.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
QxQl1zi.gif

What a bummer, man!

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Fine. It's a premium model of Nintendo Switch with OLED screen and other things, not a Pro or a New or anything.

Bad for a lot of us, good for new users.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
I think what has happened here is a result of the chip shortage. I think this was meant to be the time for an upgraded switch but they had a fall back option of just a slightly more expensive switch that has a better screen and some other bits.
A switch pro will be coming and I think this is what it will look like but the chip shortage means that for now, they went with the fallback option.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Can somebody remind me, did Bloomberg report on better specs beyond the oled?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
this is something youre suppose to launch when it first came out along side a basic model.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Fine. It's a premium model of Nintendo Switch with OLED screen and other things, not a Pro or a New or anything.

Bad for a lot of us, good for new users.
I wonder if news users will care about OLED. If you've held out getting a Switch this long it's hard to imagine you care about having the newest, best iteration of it.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I mean of course it doesn't, they didn't even try to hint at that at all in the video.

But it is funny that the stealth refresh offered a performance boost in terms of battery life.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
This bodes well for a full Switch 2 in 2023 or 2024, a refresh with better performance I feel would make that less likely.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
This should have released alongside the regular switch, there's literally nothing on here that wasn't available at the time

Oct 25, 2017
They are going to make exclusives for a machine that has the same specs as the previous models? thats crazy

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised there isn't a slight upclock, but that's all i'm surprised about. 4k/faster performance/DLSS just didn't seem realistic to me, not in 2021. How much would that have been? This is already $399. Going back and read those Switch Pro threads now.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
This is disappointing AF. I was holding off playing some games that had poor performance for this announcement. I guess I'll play through Age of Calamity after all.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Nintendo has:
- always done mid-gen refreshes on their portable hardware, with different form factors and/or better screens
- never done mid-gen spec bumps
- never paid attention to what the other hardware companies do

So this is consistent with what they have done for the last 20+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.