• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
my robot boss is trying to fuck me

EQfMT0AUUAEcp3S.jpg

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The banking job I left last year was "testing" a system that monitored how active you where at your desk and when you went away from desk outside of your lunch.

It wasnt the reason I quit but I am happy to be in a sector now who just wants the work done on time and doesn't really matter how it gets to the finish line.

Oct 27, 2017
This is an absolute nightmare. Also predicated on an inherent flaw that assumes a 40 hour week requires precisely 40 hours of productivity. People don't work like that as they aren't machines. If you enforce that too harshly you'll end up with poor quality output and massive churn/burnout of your workforce

Of course if your business can handle that kind of sausage machine approach and you have enough people in the workforce to leech from, you probably don't give a fuck

We just had a fantastic movie speaking to this: Parasite.

In fact, we have entire global economies and industrialized nations operating on this premise.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Businesses do realize that without people making money, they won't be able to sell the product the computers make?

Oct 27, 2017
I work in a call centre which has recently introduced screen recording (in addition to call recording) where 10% of your calls are randomly chosen and reviewed by people in a different centre by different metrics. Very uncomfortable.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Businesses do realize that without people making money, they won't be able to sell the product the computers make?

This implies businesses have awareness and domains of thought that go beyond productivity and market value, the "objective" things we have socially imposed as the critical things of humanity.

Oct 30, 2017
How ironic

Accurate Time Tracking
Need to take a break or view personal information? We get it – we're humans, not robots. All you have to do is pause WorkSmart and the tool will stop tracking your activity. You are in control.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I remember there is this short story about how in the US everyone who works gets a receiver in their ear and just gets orders from an Ai on how to work