• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
3XyAaZW.0.jpg

The fact that they left 2 HDMI ports sets a good precedent for VR support in the future.

"While many were wondering if Microsoft would drop its dual-HDMI ports from the Xbox One, there will clearly be two HDMI ports on the Xbox Series X. It's not clear if Microsoft will continue to use these HDMI ports to support pass-through of cable TV boxes, though.
Microsoft is also including two USB-C ports, an Ethernet port, and optical out. Microsoft doesn't appear to be using USB-A at the rear of the Xbox Series X, but the company is including a traditional USB port at the front. There's also a regular two-pin connector at the rear of the Xbox Series X, suggesting that Microsoft is once again using an internal power supply on its next-generation Xbox."

Update:

Update 2:

Last edited:

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the two USB C is just for future proofing. A lot of consumer stuff still unfortunately doesn't use it.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
They want a uniform I/O moving forward. This is exactly the same as the One X, and will likely be the same configuration Xbox moving forward.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
USB C finally and glad they are keeping the Optical. Those ports also kinda make the Series X look pretty damn huge.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It's it possible to make an HDMI port that supports both in and out? Imagine if they would let you run two instances of BC games on one console.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn y'all are so damn thirsty you make a thread about USB and HDMI ports lmao

Where's my thread about the console having a power supply? Yeah!

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Xbox SeX to double as a dock for the Switch and upscale its games to 4K. Partnerships!

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I've not been a fan of systems having a small number never of ports. As someone who owns A PSVR, and platinum headset. Always having to unplug something to use a thumb drive or charge the controller was a PITA.

Give us more ports if you want us to buy your accessories hardware manufacturers.

OP
OP
Alucardx23

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe one's an HDMI In like the Xbox One.

Something tells me this is not for the same TV cable box connection they had for the original Xbox. It was a bad idea back in 2013 with a lot of people not using a cable box and it seems worse now with even more people cutting the cable service. I expect for the PS5 to also have a direct connection to the VR headset, without any breakout box.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm ready.

I wonder if I can just plug in my Xbox One X's USB drive and have those games become playable on the Series X?

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
That's a disappointing number of USB ports. Only having 3 on the PS4 Pro and XB1X has been a massive PITA, I guess the frustrations will continue into next gen.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes and it's forward compatible with the new systems. Why would they use regular usb cables for new controllers? The one regular port is for everyone who rather use their Xbox One controllers.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't. I'm saying it's an odd decision given the current landscape of hardware and I can only assume it's for future proofing.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
To be honest I'd love to see them come out with a kinect lite that's just a microphone and IR blaster, no cameras.

That's all I use my XB1 kinect for, but I use it every day.