• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Phil, I'll take half of one tenth of that if you don't mind. I'll play Doom on Mixer all day every day.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
How does he know it was 50+?

If so, that's a freaking crazy deal. Look at what actors get paid on TV shows which film like crazy - except this is every day for months.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Imagine having no discernable talent and getting that kind of money just handed to you? I renovate a house top to bottom and then go to sleep at night thinking about how I'm a fraud who doesn't deserve anything I have lol

Nov 27, 2017
California
I believed 100 million so 50 million is still a ton

If I were Microsoft I'd have made it a lifetime contract x own all of ninja and his brand/clothing

May 9, 2018
It's worth noting that large companies have paid more than that to acquire companies due a single person. That frame might be a better analogy.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced that number is his personal speculation. Not saying it isn't accurate though.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
And there it is.

We live in a era where there are bidding wars for video game streamers now... is this what getting old feels like?

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd just up and retire before I'm 40 the split second whatever contract he signed is up.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
How much did Ninja make last year? 50M plus streaming revenue sounds like a good deal.

Also you people don't get paid for their talent. They get paid for their perceived value. 50M is Ninja's rate for exclusivity. I wonder if he can leave Mixer after a few years.

OP
OP
Proven

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ninja going from halo reach player who averaged under 1k views and making decent money doing so do global name is a crazy turn of events

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty crazy how far and fast being a streamer has become when the current ceiling is 50 million.

Get that money son!

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty big investment. Let's see if it pays off for MS.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao. If I say what I really think about this i will get banned. So i will just say this. Bless your heart Microsoft.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Gotta wonder what the terms and conditions on that contract are. Can't imagine he "works for himself" anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine going from streaming a video game for fun one day to getting acquired by a huge company for 50M to stream video games.

That one decision led all the way up to this.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
its crazy considering this dude just gonna keep streaming on mixer, be still super popular and get donation money too.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Where did he get that number from? I dont believe random dudes on Twitter.

Edit: I see he's from the Verge. Might wanna add that to the op?

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I wish I knew more about this deal because it's fucking mind blowing. Is there a minimum requirement for how much content he produces, how long this is good for, etc. This guy just made more money than the vast majority of A-list celebrities for major productions.