• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Going to London for the first time in September and looking forward to trying out some of these dishes, especially Bangers and Mash and Shepherd's Pie.

Hopefully the meat pies aren't that low for a reason because I'm excited to try those out as well.

Pie and Mash is staple of London. Also if you are in the area of Whitechaple, go hit up Beigel Bake. It's one of the oldest fast food places in London and it makes god tier salt beef. Get some of that in a Bagel with English Mustard...Oh my god. I'm salivating at the thought.

Also Eel Pie. Love it.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotch egg and black pudding in the low and crap tiers? Ridiculous. And cauliflower cheese needs to be demoted.

On the sweet side, the victoria sponge is overrated. I've never had one that wasn't at least slightly disappointing.

Nov 3, 2017
Bangers & Mash being above the superior toad in the hole & tikka masala is outrageous, beef wellington & scotch egg both need to be top tier minimum, all the crap tier is right where it belongs

All the desserts are fucked up, bread & butter pudding is criminally underrated and welsh cakes being in low tier is borderline offensive, god tier is so plain and dull and hot cross buns are seasonal disappointments at best

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
All the desserts are fucked up, bread & butter pudding is criminally underrated and welsh cakes being in low tier is borderline offensive, god tier is so plain and dull and hot cross buns are seasonal disappointments at best

Shitty white bread buns with a bit of sugar and some dried up raisins thrown into the dough is what they are. Shouldn't even be on the list.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Pie and Mash is staple of London. Also if you are in the area of Whitechaple, go hit up Beigel Bake. It's one of the oldest fast food places in London and it makes god tier salt beef. Get some of that in a Bagel with English Mustard...Oh my god. I'm salivating at the thought.

Also Eel Pie. Love it.

We're still doing the itinerary so I'll keep it in mind thanks!

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Scones being shown the respect and admiration God intended for it means that the sweet list at least passes muster.

tenor.gif

Tikka Masala as mid tier? 🤣

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am not exactly sure what a crumpet actually is but I am skeptical that it is better than good beef wellington.

Nov 3, 2017
I am not exactly sure what a crumpet actually is but I am skeptical that it is better than good beef wellington.

as a whole thing it's not but like

having that crunchy bottom and spongey top with butter (and marmite) seeping into it is just magnificent

no beef fillet wrapped in perfectly flaked pastry but sometimes it hits the spot you know

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed that they just took the same picture for Cottage/Shepherds pie and mirrored it. Because I have still never managed to find consensus on what constitutes each and I've lived here my entire life

Oct 28, 2017
When your country's top-tier food is two pieces of bread with some bacon in between, you know you have some bad food.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
I really like that almost all British staples are some kind of meat wrapped in bread. I could go for beef wellington right now

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bubble and squeak should be higher.
I'm guessing Pigs in blankets ain't as traditional as I thought.

OP
OP
Saya

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Going to London for the first time in September and looking forward to trying out some of these dishes, especially Bangers and Mash and Shepherd's Pie.

Hopefully the meat pies aren't that low for a reason because I'm excited to try those out as well.

Try this

corn_fest

Oct 27, 2017
Laughing my ass off at bacon in plain white bread being considered a "god tier" example of British cuisine

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this was answered by 10 year olds who have awful undeveloped taste buds.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I get kinda grossed out by weird organ meat and eating blood as a food so the list checks out for me.