• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
So a plain Yorkshire pudding is above a Yorkshire pudding with sausages baked into it? What in the everloving fuck?

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
if victoria sponge and roast beef is the common idea of top tier cultural food in the UK then the stereotypes are correct

i know you all have better taste than that

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Best of foods from the 50s...

Sausage and mashed potato better than tikka masala? What age group did they poll?

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We need to unilaterally declare independence tonight. This slight against haggis cannot go unanswered.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The crap tier savory list is proof that they gave this task to a Sun-reading Brexiteer ingrate who thinks cheese is too spicy and complains about EU banana regulations that don't exist.

Black pudding and Steak and Kidney pudding are literally the two best savories on the list and the fact that he didn't include black pudding as a sandwich essential also proves he is worse than Hitler. Haggis being in crap tier is literally racist.

And no Eton Mess.

Trash list.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if victoria sponge and roast beef is the common idea of top tier cultural food in the UK then the stereotypes are correct

i know you all have better taste than that
There are a lot of regional foods in the UK, so it makes sense the non regional foods all end up on top, though in reality the non regionals probably are not most popular anywhere.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Shepherd's pie is one of the greatest dishes ever. It's especially good because anyone can make it, for next to nothing, so long as you can get your hands on some lamb. Cottage pie is good too, just go with a 85% fat beef. That feels and tastes the closest to ground lamb to me.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Crumpets are NOT god tier. They're so extremely basic and most are too dry that they necessitate a metric ton of butter or jam. Same with scones. Both C tier. Madeira cake and Welsh cake too low, Eton Mess wishes it was top tier. My God there's so many more wrong things with this list.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the British invaded and colonized India, stole the dish, and proceeded to reduce it to mid-tier by turning it into flavorless slop. That one's on the Brits, and it's a travesty!

Chicken tikka masala was invented in the UK, and there's a lot of discussion over whether it was made in Scotland or England by immigrants from India.

Marvelous

Nov 3, 2017
Chicken tikka masala was invented in the UK, and there's a lot of discussion over whether it was made in Scotland or England by immigrants from India.
It seems it has a bit of an unknown origin, but I can't imagine it existing without westernizing South Asian ingredients by way of British India. I'm not a historian by any means, but I guess I liken it to American Chinese food, which also has a bad rap due to harmful history as a result of westernization.

Jazzman

Oct 25, 2017
As a Canadian who has a Full English at least once a weekend for Breakfast, glad to see it on top. Beans, eggs, toast and meat is like the greatest combination ever.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
What absolute fucking bullshit both of those lists are. Jesus Christ. So much wrong with them.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
The crap tier looks more flavorful than the God Tier. Sunday roast is just a roast with typically not well seasoned vegetables. I'm not sure what is supposed to be so special about it.

Randdalf

Oct 28, 2017
Guess Chips and Gravy was too obscure a dish.

(I disagree with absolutely nothing in God tier)

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Can't argue with a lot of that stuff. Nothing beats a roast on a Sunday though, it should be its own category.

But in what kind of fucked up universe is the Scotch Egg low-tier?!

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Jellied eels looks/sounds like something they fed to orphans in Victorian England, and nobody got the message that we don't have to eat it anymore.

And I say that as someone who likes eel dishes in general.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Haggis, steak and kidney pie and black pudding deserve better.

Also lmao at "spotted dick" and "faggots". Those are some whack ass food name.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Lol @ all the American's ITT complaining about the blandness of our food yet eat the largest most stodgiest shit that would cause a bull elephant to bloat.

Also, this is the most anti-Scottish shit I have ever seen. Tikka Masala being mid-tier is fucking disgusting.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Half of those aren't even real food items. They sound like food items someone would make up to make fun of Britain.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Bangers and mash is way over-rated. I'd put it in the 70% range, and elevate cornish pastry. I like scotch eggs and pork pie. I'm indifferent to black pudding. I've never had hagis and I don't know if I could, but I'd try anything once.

This probably isn't strictly British/Irish/Scottish, but puff pastry with corned beef in it is fucking delicious, esp with some spicy mustard. FUCK I'd eat it now.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever they polled for this has shit taste.

Tikka masala, sticky toffee pudding, deep fried mars and trifle are all god tier. Scones are low tier(not a big fan of scones).