• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

The Walking Dead returns with its tenth season on Sunday, October 6 at 9/8c with a 75 minute premiere. As usual, the 16 episode season will air in two parts - 8 in the fall and 8 early next year. This will be Danai Gurira's final season as Michonne.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

A few months after the end of Season 9, the collected communities are still dealing with the after effects of Alpha's horrific display of power, reluctantly respecting the new border imposed on them, all while organizing themselves into a militia-style fighting force, preparing for a battle that may be unavoidable.

~ SPOILERS ~

Previously Aired Episodes: Details of already aired episodes may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags.

Previews, Promos & Sneak Peeks: Spoiler tag all discussion related to content that is associated with episodes that have not yet aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. Please use the TV leak and comic discussion thread for all talk pertaining to leaks.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. [Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers]
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
For extensive graphic novel discussion, please use the TV leak and comic discussion thread.

Cast

New Cast Additions

Juan Javier Cardenas as Dante
DXkfiCE.png

Trailers

Official S10 Teaser
Official S10 Trailer
A Look at Season 10

Reviews

DenofGeek said:
Lines We Cross wants to get things moving as quickly as possible, and it accomplishes that, giving the season the forward momentum and exciting pace that has eluded it in past years. Overall, the episode is a great success.

ComicBook said:
Following up a very strong ninth season, the upcoming batch of episodes prove The Walking Dead is aiming to take its throne back. If the coming conflict is handled as well as the premiere episode, longtime fans are in for a treat while those who were discouraged from watching might be interested in getting back on board.

Paul Tassi said:
I have to be pretty vague here as there are a lot of things I'm not supposed to get into, but I'm happy to report that while not some jaw-dropping entry in the series, it's very good, and I enjoyed it. We are still in the Angela Kang era (she wrote this episode in addition to being showrunner) and the show is still benefitting as a result.

MetroUK said:
As it builds towards a sequence which lives up to Angela Kang's promise of fire, The Walking Dead season 10's opening salvo packs enough exciting strides to dissipate any worries season nine was a fluke. As a stage-setter episode, Lines We Cross is a promising starting pistol built for bigger thrills to come.

L+SD Ratings

Season 9:

Episode 1: 6.1 million 2.5 A18-49
Episode 2: 5.0 million 2.0 A18-49
Episode 3: 5.0 million 1.9 A18-49
Episode 4: 5.1 million 2.0 A18-49
Episode 5: 5.4 million 2.1 A18-49
Episode 6: 5.4 million 2.0 A18-49
Episode 7: 4.8 million 1.8 A18-49
Episode 8: 5.1 million 2.0 A18-49

Episode 9: 5.2 million 2.0 A18-49
Episode 10: 4.5 million 1.7 A18-49
Episode 11: 4.4 million 1.7 A18-49
Episode 12: 4.7 million 1.7 A18-49
Episode 13: 4.8 million 1.8 A18-49
Episode 14: 4.6 million 1.7 A18-49
Episode 15: 4.2 million 1.5 A18-49
Episode 16: 5.0 million 1.9 A18-49

Season 10:

Episode 1: 4.0 million 1.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 3.5 million 1.3 A18-49
Episode 3: 3.5 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 4: 3.3 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 5: 3.1 million 1.0 A18-49
Episode 6: 3.2 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 7: 3.3 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 8: 3.2 million 1.0 A18-49

Episode 9: 3.5 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 10: 3.2 million 1.0 A18-49
Episode 11: 2.9 million 0.9 A18-49
Episode 12: 3.5 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 13: 3.7 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 14: 3.3 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 15: 3.5 million 1.1 A18-49

Episode 16: 2.7 million 0.9 A18-49

Episode 17: 2.9 million 0.9 A18-49
Episode 18: 2.3 million 0.7 A18-49
Episode 19: 2.2 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 20: 2.1 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 21: 2.0 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 22: 2.1 million 0.6 A18-49

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped since Carl died. I'm just gonna jump on here watching recaps let see how this season goes

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT as usual! Thanks for putting it up for the early episode. :D

Feeling excited for the new season. Rewatched S09E16 earlier as a refresher and enjoyed it, and also feeling good coming off of the Fear season finale, which I certainly was not expecting. Can't wait to watch the premiere tonight.

I stopped since Carl died. I'm just gonna jump on here watching recaps let see how this season goes
You really should just go back and watch season nine first instead of watching a recap. It was a really good season.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this show is still on. I dropped off right when Negan showed up and they had that ridiculous cliffhanger.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
Awesome OT Ratsky!

I've been rewatching all 9 seasons and I'm nearing the end of S9 and I definitely think this is my favorite season. Angela Kang has done such an awesome job with the whisperers so far and having Daryl actually speak and not do stupid shit 24/7. Can't wait to see what she does with S10.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't watched the second half of Season 9. When the local movie theater stoppped showing it on the big screen we kinda got out of the ritual of watching it weekly.

Maybe I will try and catch up before the start of S10. Is it streaming anywhere? I have having to use the Xfinity cable box interface for binging.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't watched the second half of Season 9. When the local movie theater stoppped showing it on the big screen we kinda got out of the ritual of watching it weekly.

Maybe I will try and catch up before the start of S10. Is it streaming anywhere? I have having to use the Xfinity cable box interface for binging.

Netflix

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT as usual! Thanks for putting it up for the early episode. :D

Feeling excited for the new season. Rewatched S09E16 earlier as a refresher and enjoyed it, and also feeling good coming off of the Fear season finale, which I certainly was not expecting. Can't wait to watch the premiere tonight.

You really should just go back and watch season nine first instead of watching a recap. It was a really good season.
DONT do that lol.

Season 9 is fantastic, you should really just watch it.

Well it's on Netflix I might check it out

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the premiere.

Was neat to see Oceanside again, although I don't think I actually noticed many of their people? But it's also been some time since they were on the show, so maybe I just didn't recognize them.

The satellite falling out of orbit was cool, it's always neat to see the show address things that would naturally happen as a result of the apocalypse happening. The communities will definitely face consequences for crossing Alpha's territory to control the fire though, especially with her and Carol having a staredown at the end.

All in all, I thought it was a solid episode. Felt like it focused on spectacle more than story just a little too much for my liking, but it was also the first episode of the season, so can't really blame it for starting a little slowly in the story department. Looking forward to episode two in... two weeks, lol. :(

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I intend to pick the show back up once
the Commonwealth
becomes a major part of the story. Is that likely to be the back half of this season or next?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last season was easily the best thing the show has done in years. so I'm pretty hyped about the new one. Monday night (for us Italian folks) TWD has been sorely missing from the routine :P

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fear finale has been absolute shit of course. I also cannot understand how the writers believe they're pulling something smart in those last few minutes. Is he dead? Is he alive? Wow such suspence. Fuck off.
Season 10 opener is still decent instead. They kept the mood of the last season which is good, even if I find the series hilarious when it comes up with pretentious shit like the, how do we call them? Subtitles? Anyway, the intertitles during the episode were so fucking cringey lol.
Was the satellite thing in the comic as well? That was weird.
After all these years, I still cannot understand how can someone find Norman Reedus sexy.

I'm surprised to see there's not as much discussion as before about it, people are probably getting tired. After I guess 5 or 6 years of hate watching is surprising to see the series being decent again though.
I feel that if the franchise wants to continue it needs to change a lot though. Main series is tired as fuck and Fear is simply an empty shell. I've never seen a more useless TV series than that one.
The new series needs to have a completely different mood and tone if it wants to survive, we can't have 3 seasons of the Walking Dead franchise every year and have them all look and feel kinda samey.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The episode doesn't officially air until next Sunday, so expect discussion to pick up then.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I can't believe I will watch yet another season of TWD. S9 was fairly strong season but for some reason I was hit with serious fatigue towards the end. But given how much time I have already spent on the show, I just stick with until the end. No matter if it's good or bad. Hopefully it's good as S9.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they're pulling a Fear the Walking Dead this season. Episodes will be up for viewing 48 hours early on AMC Premiere (9PM Eastern time on Fridays). As mentioned earlier in the thread though, the first episode is already available to watch on Premiere.

503ro1huu6q31.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're pulling a Fear the Walking Dead this season. Episodes will be up for viewing 48 hours early on AMC Premiere (9PM Eastern time on Fridays). As mentioned earlier in the thread though, the first episode is already available to watch on Premiere.

503ro1huu6q31.jpg

So, since Italian TV shows the episode about 18 hours after the US showing, I already had to avoid plenty of social media when major episodes aired. Now I have to do that for the whole weekend and all of Monday thanks to AMC literally spoiling the episode themselves. Thanks a lot I guess :\

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the premiere tonight and thought it was a solid start. Not sure if anything will come of the
satellite plot or if it was just a macguffin to get the group to cross the border and reignite the conflict with the Whisperers, but it felt novel enough that I don't mind if doesn't lead to anything more substantial later on.

Was the satellite thing in the comic as well? That was weird.

Nope.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
So, since Italian TV shows the episode about 18 hours after the US showing, I already had to avoid plenty of social media when major episodes aired. Now I have to do that for the whole weekend and all of Monday thanks to AMC literally spoiling the episode themselves. Thanks a lot I guess :\
Yup, it's airs Monday nights here in the UK. Dodging spoilers all weekend like Neo dodging bullets...and he got hit :/

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
This airing earlier is nice so I can watch it in the weekend instead of a heavy Monday where I have like 5 shows to watch. Premiere was nice, really liked the intro scene.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently we're going to be seeing Princess this season.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I used to look forward to Walking Dead returning, now I usually forget about it. A TV show going more than 7 seasons seems so unnecessary to me; there's a reason why the great ones are always around 4-6.

The last season was pretty decent by its own standards and considering this is the last season with Danai Gurira, I'll give it a go and then likely drop it after that.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The show's been renewed for an eleventh season, in case there was any doubt.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I didnt think we would see her this season. I'm so damn excited for her to show up!
I'm really, really interested in seeing where the show's story goes. I really don't see it ending where/how the comic did considering how many viewers the show still has, but that also means they'll have to start coming up with a ton of original storylines once they get to that point, if not sooner.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the double-post, but Lauren Cohan is coming back!

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
I'm really, really interested in seeing where the show's story goes. I really don't see it ending where/how the comic did considering how many viewers the show still has, but that also means they'll have to start coming up with a ton of original storylines once they get to that point, if not sooner.
Ya I'm not expecting the show to end anytime soon to be honest. The good thing is that
there's a shit ton that the writers can do since the comic has around a 20 year time jump at the end. There's lots of stuff they can explore that Kirkman only briefly mentioned like the western alliance. And even exploring what happens to a lot of the characters during those 20 or so years.

Damn season 11, Princess, and Maggie coming back. Really excited for all of this.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didnt think we would see her this season. I'm so damn excited for her to show up!

Same! She's one of my favorite comic characters so I'm pretty excited to see her in the show. Still, there are already A LOT of characters, so the fact that they're bringing her in this season as opposed to next has me curious to know how they plan to balance them all.

As a series regular too! :D (apparently she might also appear near, or at the end, of this season)

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to know if she's only signed on for season 11 or if her deal is for multiple seasons.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to be able to look forward to a season of the show again, and even more-so now with Lauren back on the team.

I'm curious to see how the core develops into the larger arc, especially with the notable exit occuring at some point.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
Same! She's one of my favorite comic characters so I'm pretty excited to see her in the show. Still, there are already A LOT of characters, so the fact that they're bringing her in this season as opposed to next has me curious to know how they plan to balance them all.
I thought Kang did a pretty damn good job balancing everyone in S9 but there's definitely a few characters that still didn't get enough focus in my opinion (wish Laura would since she's the only major savior besides Negan). And with the pike moment killing off a decent amount of people I think adding Princess into the picture shouldn't be too much of a problem. It's definitely going to be interesting how they handle it once they introduce
the commonwealth
Sounds like it could definitely happen. Who knows if it will happen in the main show, fear or the third one tho. Hopefully fear since that show is already pretty god damn awful.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Whiskey Tango down.

Everyone knew this was going to happen as soon as her show got canned. Welcome back home, Maggie.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think I'd still be here at the beginning of last season, but here I am. Previews looked decent, so I'll stick around and see where this goes.

Last edited:

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I was ready to give up on this show after how shit the majority of the last few seasons were but the second half of last season actually got me back in. I still have my issues as I'm sure everyone else does and didn't even watch the last season until last month (had it all on my DVR) and I actually found myself interested in it again. Those deaths really hit me harder than I expected too:
Tara :( I really liked her, man. Sucked seeing her go like that

Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently we're going to be seeing Princess this season.

Strange, I can't imagine they're going to hit the portion of the plot she came in on in the comics. Guessing they're going to mix things up.

That's good news - I wonder if: (small cast availability spoiler)

she'll get to interact with Michonne at all? Last I heard Danai wasn't going to be available for more than half the season, but they were going to try and stagger her episodes or something.