• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This dumbass kid is gonna spill the beans on everything. Can't believe they don't see him being down there as a risk.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ok Daryl you got me that was clever.

And now Judith with that ridiculously big gun that she probably couldn't pull the trigger on

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
That captured girl Lydia was Carl's love interest in the comics, right? I'm assuming that's been shifted to Henry now.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
See it was pretty ambiguous I thought whether or not Henry was in on it. He is a dumbass so I buy it both ways.
They never took Henry out of the cell and any conversation Daryl would have with him to coordinate the plan would've been overheard since she's right there.

He's just a dumbass and Daryl knows it. "Good judge of character", remember?

edit:
Watching the Talking Dead preview for the next ep: See? This kid can't shut the fuck up. Daryl had to snatch him from the cell to stop him from revealing everything.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I enjoyed that Daryl stood outside listening in hoping to gain some info when Henry did something stupid.

Henry you f-ing moron, telling her how close by the Kingdom is. LMAO

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Decent episode, a little choppy, some good moments. That ending was fantastic.

I liked walking around with Negan. Hopefully they keep building the Judith/Negan stuff. She is cartoonishly accurate lol. One of the best lines was "language, I'm a kid asshole", nicely done.

Man.. I miss when there were like 30 pages after a premiere.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
They never took Henry out of the cell and any conversation Daryl would have with him to coordinate the plan would've been overheard since she's right there.

He's just a dumbass and Daryl knows it. "Good judge of character", remember?
There was a scene with Henry and Daryl outside the cell, when Daryl tells him he's got one more day left on his sentence. Henry is an idiot but they definitely had a chance to plan this.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I liked walking around with Negan. Hopefully they keep building the Judith/Negan stuff. She is cartoonishly accurate lol. One of the best lines was "language, I'm a kid asshole", nicely done.
Yeah it was pretty cool following his little trip and the music for it was good too. That line got me so good lol.

Oh yeah, agreed, that ending was great.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Really good episode. Kang has absolutely had a positive impact on the show. Seriously, characters aren't written dumb to push the plot forward this season. If this were seasons 6-8, Daryl wouldn't have thought twice about Henry and Lydia. It was a nice change of pace to see that he was using his head there.

Judith is great. She's going to be fun to watch grow as the years go on.

I also really enjoyed the Negan stuff. It seems as if they are really pushing forward with redeemed Negan in a more blatant way than the comics. I think that's probably a smart move in a version of The Walking Dead where we lost Rick.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I'm so glad the Whisperers were brought in...makes the show so much more interesting.

Also Lydia has to be....

Alpha's daughter right? We gonna see a trade for Alden/Luke?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Really good episode. Kang has absolutely had a positive impact on the show. Seriously, characters aren't written dumb to push the plot forward this season. If this were seasons 6-8, Daryl wouldn't have thought twice about Henry and Lydia. It was a nice change of pace to see that he was using his head there.

Judith is great. She's going to be fun to watch grow as the years go on.

I also really enjoyed the Negan stuff. It seems as if they are really pushing forward with redeemed Negan in a more blatant way than the comics. I think that's probably a smart move in a version of The Walking Dead where we lost Rick.
It's the little things too that really stand out from where the show had been in previous seasons. Daryl touching Michonne on the shoulder, her patting his hand in response. The terminator characters are having some of their edges softened and it's really breathed some life into the show.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's the little things too that really stand out from where the show had been in previous seasons. Daryl touching Michonne on the shoulder, her patting his hand in response. The terminator characters are having some of their edges softened and it's really breathed some life into the show.

Dude, yes. That stuff was completely missing from the past 2-3 seasons. It feels like characters actually caring for each other and actually interacting in a way that isn't to force the plot forward.

What about the crane shot of Negan getting sick in the clearing where he killed Glenn and Abe? Having him on his knees getting sick in the same spot where he murdered them.

Little things like that go a long way.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Dude, yes. That stuff was completely missing from the past 2-3 seasons. It feels like characters actually caring for each other and actually interacting in a way that isn't to force the plot forward.

What about the crane shot of Negan getting sick in the clearing where he killed Glenn and Abe? Having him on his knees getting sick in the same spot where he murdered them.

Oh wow I missed that. I think I need to rewatch some of the Negan scenes cuz I was a little confused and felt like I missed things I forgot about.

And yeah. I think the previous seasons really had a fear of showing softness for its characters. It seemed to be either terminator or "oh no I cannot look at zombies anymore because they were all people". They've really struck a nice balance that makes a lot of old timers more relatable and dynamic.

I really love what they've done with Daryl, Michonne and Negan. There have been a few times where I caught myself like.. wait, I forgot this person existed.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a good mid-season premiere, and I loved it when the whisperer moved towards Alden and Luke before suddenly stopping.

Such a cool detail.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
First images from Fear S5.

DzBAtzyVAAA_K5F.jpg

DzBAs5wVAAAWwV7.jpg

DzA6WgpVAAANejS.jpg

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
No way Henry was in on Daryl eavesdropping. Henry is a predictable dummy who is a sucker for a love interest. Michonne told Daryl he was an excellent judge of character for a reason, he knew that Henry would stick up for her if Daryl was overly aggressive with her.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe I am excited to watch this show again. 24 minutes in and it would have been the end of the episode if it was paced like last season. They are really doing thing at a breakneck speed.

And while I was not a fan of the Whispers in the comic, they are done incredibly well here now. Seeing the zombies standing still, taking out knives and guns adds a new sense of dread to every encounter. I hope whatever happens with this plot line, there are lingering whispers for the rest of the series who can put an element of fear into every zombie encounter.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Dwight's on Fear? Wtf?!

It's funny how these guys travel from one side of the country to the other, but randomly find each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.