• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like Judith but her shooting that gun in any capacity (not to mention being a perfect marksman) is so fucking stupid.

That looks like either a .357 or a .44, either of which would kickback so hard she'd probably knock her own teeth out.

Good episode regardless.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Really good episode. Kang has absolutely had a positive impact on the show. Seriously, characters aren't written dumb to push the plot forward this season. If this were seasons 6-8, Daryl wouldn't have thought twice about Henry and Lydia. It was a nice change of pace to see that he was using his head there.

Agreed- the uptick in quality was immediately noticeable from the moment Kang took over last year. The show's still not perfect, by any means- but it's considerably better than the previous couple of seasons. I actually look forward to it airing now, as opposed to watching out of some misplaced sense of loyalty like I was previously.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they are in Mississsippi by the end of the season?

Obviously still ridiculous for anyone to run into each other but it's closer than Texas lol
That's where the truck stop was, but they set up base elsewhere. Don't think that location is specified, but they are still filming in Texas.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Fear has move to locations not far from where TWD takes place.

But yeah it's still funny lol
I forgot how close are they now? They're no longer on the west coast at all last time I really checked. Was it Texas or are they closer?

Cause if they're close enough I could see them merging the two shows and cast. Especially if Michonne is being written out. They'll have to time jump again though because I think Fear didn't do the time jump when TWD did theirs. They're still several years behind I think.

Epilogue

Alt account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Not sure how I feel about Michone leaving. They couldn't pay her more? Seeing her as new lead and her interactions with the little kid could have been worthy story telling.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
They better be doing stuff with Daryl and Judith. He named her "lil ass kicker" and was very affectionate with her when she was an infant.

They can continue to add layers to Daryl by moving him into a fatherly role

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about Michone leaving. They couldn't pay her more? Seeing her as new lead and her interactions with the little kid could have been worthy story telling.
No chance that's the problem.

They can always offer more money. They could have had her take breaks to film other things. If she's leaving it's because she doesn't want to do the show anymore and offering those things aren't good enough to make her stay.

She's either outgrown the show, doesn't want the ridiculous filming schedule or has her sights set on bigger things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
No chance that's the problem.

They can always offer more money. They could have had her take breaks to film other things. If she's leaving it's because she doesn't want to do the show anymore and offering those things aren't good enough to make her stay.

She's either outgrown the show, doesn't want the ridiculous filming schedule or has her sights set on bigger things.

Yep.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Me either, that's pretty cool. Looking forward to it.

Really good episode. Kang has absolutely had a positive impact on the show. Seriously, characters aren't written dumb to push the plot forward this season. If this were seasons 6-8, Daryl wouldn't have thought twice about Henry and Lydia. It was a nice change of pace to see that he was using his head there.

Judith is great. She's going to be fun to watch grow as the years go on.

I also really enjoyed the Negan stuff. It seems as if they are really pushing forward with redeemed Negan in a more blatant way than the comics. I think that's probably a smart move in a version of The Walking Dead where we lost Rick.
Yeah to all of these.

I'm not sure how Negan turns out in the comics but the show seems like they're turning him into the Vegeta of TWD.
LOL, yes this is very true from the looks of things so far. Could be really fun.
Like ZeoVGM said, makes a lot of sense with Rick gone too.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure how Negan turns out in the comics but the show seems like they're turning him into the Vegeta of TWD.

Negan is a force of nature in the comics. He comes around to agreeing with Rick's worldview and philosophy and so he goes out and kills the Whisperer's leader after escaping as a show of good faith. His arc in the show has been similar thus far but not nearly as badass; he's far more mopey and unsure of himself.

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely impressed with this episode, one of the best in a long while. Some actual character development (Negan and Daryl, specifically). Daryl would have straight up killed Lydia if this was an older season. It's the little touches that I appreciate. I was obviously really hesitant and worried about the state of the show moving forward without Rick, but if anything so far I feel like the writing has gotten stronger.

But, this is only one episode into part 2. I might go back to complaining a few episodes from now.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The focus on Negan was my favorite portion for a very specific reason. Old TWD would've done some stupid shit like have him trip at a bad time or have him ambushed by a stealthy ninja zombie to force drama. New TWD had him stroll into a courtyard with half a dozen zombies and bash their heads in with the ease one would expect from someone who has lived in this reality for as long as Negan has.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This season had been one of the best of the show but I can't relate to any of the characters (even the old ones)
I found them very annoying and boring, I just don't care if anybody dies

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The focus on Negan was my favorite portion for a very specific reason. Old TWD would've done some stupid shit like have him trip at a bad time or have him ambushed by a stealthy ninja zombie to force drama. New TWD had him stroll into a courtyard with half a dozen zombies and bash their heads in with the ease one would expect from someone who has lived in this reality for as long as Negan has.
Yup. They've really dialed down the "oops a ninja zombie materialized out in the open in broad daylight" and "oops this really smart character just did the dumbest thing imaginable so we can set up cheap drama".

Overall I've been impressed with this season. It's a shame it took them basically three full seasons to start listening to criticism.

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yup. They've really dialed down the "oops a ninja zombie materialized out in the open in broad daylight" and "oops this really smart character just did the dumbest possible thing imaginable so we can set up cheap drama".

Overall I've been impressed with this season. It's a shame it took them basically three full seasons to start listening to criticism.

The quota for this has been filled by Fear tenfold.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Another great episode. Angela has been a blessing to this show. Anticipating it every week again now.

But I will say, it feels like the show got rebooted with a brand new cast of characters. The story of the characters we've grown to know are all over.

Oct 25, 2017
So far no more non-linear storytelling again.

Ep was great, some really nice shots of the lone not-zombie tensing up and the other surrounding them.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Watching this episode the quality was definitely better than last seasons.

Still, watching the show now I can't help but feel like it was such a terrible terrible choice to get rid of Carl.

He should have been the one to take Rick's place and it just seemed completely stupid that they got rid of him simply to propel Rick's character when the actor was literally wanting off the show not too long after, one of the biggest wasted story potential for nothing, especially since the actor that played Carl said he wanted to stay on the show and didn't know he was going to be taken off til right at the end.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally wasn't a huge fan of this episode. There have been interesting events but they also danced around things for a while. We saw Negan do absolutely nothing for way too long before he actually had some sort of reaction. A bit too many dialogues going nowhere. The first scene with Judith and Negan made no sense (why would Judith not scream to get her people's attention or something and possibly stop Negan in time?), the second one was funny but very unlikely (how did Judith know it was Negan? he was behind a turn when she stepped in the middle of the road - also, I know she's a BAMF but they're really letting her out alone just like that given how Carl died?). Also not a fan of that stupid kid locked in the cell, the only thing they've made him do this season is that stupid zombie brawl thing (one of the least interesting arcs of the season so far), only so that he can conveniently be in a cell come the Whisperer chick. Is this guy going to sub for Carl now? Not feeling it at all if that's the case.

But still a better episode than many others of the previous 2 seasons, so there's that. It was one of the weakest of this season though imho.

Ronabo

Oct 26, 2017
OHIO
I kept thinking Negan was gonna find a glass case with "Break glass in case of emergency" on it with another Lucille in it.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this episode the quality was definitely better than last seasons.

Still, watching the show now I can't help but feel like it was such a terrible terrible choice to get rid of Carl.

He should have been the one to take Rick's place and it just seemed completely stupid that they got rid of him simply to propel Rick's character when the actor was literally wanting off the show not too long after, one of the biggest wasted story potential for nothing, especially since the actor that played Carl said he wanted to stay on the show and didn't know he was going to be taken off til right at the end.

I'm hoping that things continue to get better and more can be pulled from some of the weaker cast that's now in the front due to those past decisions. There's only 3 I can see potentially being able to carry the show past who we know and suspect will be leaving the next two seasons, and that's a really thin hook for a show with a huge cast. The guy who plays Henry needs better written material, and he needs to be able to step up on his end in suit.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the opener and think it sets things up nicely for the rest of the series.

Henry is just fucking terrible though and I think he's only going to get worse.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping that things continue to get better and more can be pulled from some of the weaker cast that's now in the front due to those past decisions. There's only 3 I can see potentially being able to carry the show past who we know and suspect will be leaving the next two seasons, and that's a really thin hook for a show with a huge cast. The guy who plays Henry needs better written material, and he needs to be able to step up on his end in suit.

Yep, the only ones I think that have staying power are Daryl, Carol, Negan, and then Judith of course. The rest are quite forgettable characters, especially Aaron (I had to look up his name because I don't remember it), he's been in the show for years now and his character is not fleshed out at all.

Hopefully they will build up these core characters more now that Rick is gone and Michone is on her way out too.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Poor JDM, I can only imagine what he must've felt during those awful scenes with Judith.

Pretty ridiculous how nearly everything about the show finally improves, but they still manage to condense all the dumb shit of the previous couple seasons into a few ridiculouly dumb scenes.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poor JDM, I can only imagine what he must've felt during those awful scenes with Judith.

Pretty ridiculous how nearly everything about the show finally improves, but they still manage to condense all the dumb shit of the previous couple seasons into a few ridiculouly dumb scenes.

This. Negan and Judith meeting like that is impactful, but the scenes are ultimately not credible if not downright asinine. I know they have a special bond but Negan is a crazy dictator/murderer of sorts, and Judith doesn't bat an eye that he's just leaving, not she asks for help or tells anyone. Then for some reason she goes out alone, knows that the bike she is hearing in the distance has to be Negan's (despite the fact she has no memory of said bike), stands in the middle of the road just to make Negan crash out, and then calmly talk again as if Negan wasn't a crazy maniac criminal or something. Negan going batshit on his own makes sense, he's been in confinement for like a decade, it makes sense his mind is fucked up. But the entire context of him escaping is so fucking stupid it boggles my mind. That's without even talking about the fact the group should be fucking furious that Negan escaped, and there should be major conflicts about how the situation was handles - you know, one of the main plots from last half season practically forgotten now that Negan is an innocuos old guy apparently.

Last edited:

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Those scenes were great though and JDM said he loves working with her so...

Nah, they were only great if you can suspend every ounce of disbelief and disregard the (understandably) weak acting. She manifests out of thin air on one of her early morning patrols (...), with no one else around for minutes, happens to be waiting alone in the middle of the road outside the community (.....), talks like an adult, wields a ridiculous hand cannon, and is basically written like a cartoon teenager by people who seemingly have no idea what children are like. Even Henry was a more believable character as a kid, as annoying as he was.

And yeah, basically everything FairyEmpire said.

EDIT: And it's not like JDM is gonna go on record saying the kid can't act too well and the writers suck at writing.

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
That's without even talking about the fact the group should be fucking furious that Negan escaped, and there should be major conflicts about how the situation was handles - you know, one of the main plots from last half season practically forgotten now that Negan is an innocuos old guy apparently.
We haven't seen the reaction of anyone from Alexandria yet. Hilltop is far away so they won't have heard.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Nah, they were only great if you can suspend every ounce of disbelief and disregard the (understandably) weak acting. She manifests out of thin air on one of her early morning patrols (...), with no one else around for minutes, happens to be waiting alone in the middle of the road outside the community (.....), talks like an adult, wields a ridiculous hand cannon, and is basically written like a cartoon teenager by people who seemingly have no idea what children are like. Even Henry was a more believable character as a kid, as annoying as he was.

And yeah, basically everything FairyEmpire said.

EDIT: And it's not like JDM is gonna go on record saying the kid can't act too well and the writers suck at writing.

I disagree with almost everything you just said.

She's a great character so far and their relationship is one of the best parts of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.