• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Alpha looks like one of those creepy baby dolls but as an adult. lol

s-l300.jpg

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have not watched past season 7 as I found season 7 extremely slow and mostly uneventful (though the Negan scenes were great). Has this show improved at all since then? I use to be a huge fan but 7 really lost me...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Good episode.

Again, very happy with some one the choices the writers have made. Last season, Henry would have gotten knocked out with a hammer and no one would have known for a while. This season, Daryl is watching like a hawk and Lydia changes her mind and asks to be put back in the cell.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice episode, the Whisperers continue to be an interesting villain group, especially with the backstory on Lydia and Alpha.
Good episode.

Again, very happy with some one the choices the writers have made. Last season, Henry would have gotten knocked out with a hammer and no one would have known for a while. This season, Daryl is watching like a hawk and Lydia changes her mind and asks to be put back in the cell.
Probably lol.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That was a good episode!

Some genuine moments that bring me back to S1-2 TWD. "I just ate a worm" made me bust up laughing. Henry talking to Daryl. Writers showing restraint, not just fucking having Lydia bashing everyone with a hammer the second she gets out. They feel like teens who actually have an interest in each other. Creating tension that's earned without devolving into cheap drama because there's nothing else to do.

This show is a big step up from what it has been. New characters we actually care about, who feel like real people and talk like they weren't cut from a tree.

Strong performances from Daryl/Henry/Lydia. I'm impressed.. great emotional scenes throughout.

Magna looks fucking terrifying in the best way possible. They did a great job with her costume/makeup.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The actress who plays Magna is quite interesting. Haha.

Edit: nevermind thought you were talking about the mother

She got her fame in Minority Report and did a few other great movies after that, but never really took off. She had potential right off the bat but i think her interests went elsewhere. Surprised she is even still acting.

Also Daryl the MVP. Only reason i bother with this show anymore.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Edit: nevermind thought you were talking about the mother

She got her fame in Minority Report and did a few other great movies after that, but never really took off. She had potential right off the bat but i think her interests went elsewhere. Surprised she is even still acting.

Also Daryl the MVP. Only reason i bother with this show anymore.
Oh shit.. I knew she looked familiar!

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Samantha Morton delivers as usual - casting her as Alpha was an inspired choice. She looked a tad silly at the end there with all the dirt on her face, but at the same time there's something very unsettling about seeing people casually walking around in zombie cosplay in the daylight. The writers have done a very good job with the Whisperers thus far, showing a lot of restraint (but not too much, as was the case with Negan) in order to keep up the suspense and mystery surrounding them. The decision to withhold Alpha from us until the end, despite the way last week's episode ended, instead opting to show us what she was like near the beginning and then slowly revealing that even that was a fiction, was a cool move.

The writers are also doing a good job with the Henry/Lydia/Daryl situation. It's refreshing to see a character (Daryl) being so smart* - using Henry to get what he needs from Lydia, even when it seems like that's not what's happening in the moment, it's always revealed to be the case after the fact. One thing that bugged me though was when the new team (who are all continuing to grow on me) went to find Luke, only to immediately want to go back due to it being too dark - something that should have been obvious to them the moment they snuck out in the middle of the night... Though thankfully nothing bad happened as a result, so it's not too big of a deal. It was dumbness for the sake of character development instead of for drama/death, which I appreciate.

*how is this the same person who went against Rick's wishes last season and inadvertently helped Negan and the Saviors escape by crashing a truck into the zombie surrounded Sanctuary and then immediately leaving rather than staying to make sure that the people he went there to kill were actually dead

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Curious if they're going to deal with Alpha similar to the comics or go in a different direction.

I love the way Negan deals with her in the comics.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that bugged me though was when the new team (who are all continuing to grow on me) went to find Luke, only to immediately want to go back due to it being too dark - something that should have been obvious to them the moment they snuck out in the middle of the night... Though thankfully nothing bad happened as a result, so it's not too big of a deal. It was dumbness for the sake of character development instead of for drama/death, which I appreciate.
I wondered at this and I think they planned to go as though it was business as usual - but it's not, right? Tara had a point. Everything's changed. Zombies in the dark are scary enough, but zombies in the dark who SURPRISE aren't zombies is a whole new game.

I really liked this episode. The shifting flashback was great.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry, I'm all for inclusiveness, but you would not have a deaf person as a spotter with the binoculars, and you would not leave the deaf person like half a mile back. Goddamn ninja zombies sneak up on even hearing people in this series...now that I think about it, maybe it wouldn't be a handicap in this universe, it all evens out.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm digging the whole storyline that seems to be coming up, but holy fuck they are bringing the stupid back again. The deaf girl staying behind for no reason, and then when the whisperers "attack" she hides with the risk of being abducted/killed instead of running back to the base like the others when she clearly had the time to do so. The new squad going out in the night on a rescue mission, only to realize, once outside, that they are probably in danger and should go out when they have a plan. And since they're in danger... let's split up. Not to mention that with all the dangers they are currently facing (there could be armed people among the walkers, among other things), they are just allowed out to prove a point - they could have talked about it prior instead of waiting for some of them to potentially die out there. Then again, despite this ongoing threat they have a 9-year old girl roaming alone outside of the camp, so I guess they just don't give a fuck anymore.

Also, Henry is a dumb character even for TWD standards. Just unbelieveable how fast he reveals literally everything when he barely even saw the girl, then the whole letting her out thing too... I mean, what the fuck. Also Darryll watching out was nice, except for the fact the girl was about to smash Henry's skull in in a split second, and there wasn't a lot Darryll could have done about that, so letting them out and "observing them" was not the brightest idea.

Like argh, there's so much stupidity in the decisions again, and it annoys me to no end because the first half of the season dialed down on that for a while. Of course there was situations like "let's push a wooden cart over a glass pavement", but overall it wasn't this bad. I know horror media works mainly because the characters are dumbasses and a random killer/criminal/monster can therefore be dangerous as fuck, but come on now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the people at Alexandria know about the Whisperers yet.

Fair enough, of course I'd think that's pretty fucking vital and they should have found a way to let 'em know, but I get that. There's still a zombie outbreak, there still have been huge hordes tormenting them, and that little's girl own brother died because of a random zombie outside of the camp. Letting her roam outside alone seems like a pretty stupid idea regardless, but I guess I don't have kids, let alone ones good with guns, so what do I know.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I'm all for inclusiveness, but you would not have a deaf person as a spotter with the binoculars, and you would not leave the deaf person like half a mile back. Goddamn ninja zombies sneak up on even hearing people in this series...now that I think about it, maybe it wouldn't be a handicap in this universe, it all evens out.
Going by what they're shown her do so far, she apparently has Daredevil-like heightened senses and can "feel" zombies walking like 30 feet away, in the dark, through bushes, around walls, outside buildings etc. Since that's established, she's deaf, not mute.. so I guess that makes her a pretty good scout/guard.

Having her walk that far behind them, however.. is stupid as hell.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Really dig the new season. Just as I was giving up the show, they come back strong. But at the same time, I don't see much future for the show. Seems like only conclusion is for the communities getting destroyed, or main cast will leave the towns and go back to wild, for reasons. Maybe to search for
Rick
?

But staying inside the walls and keep repelling external threats seems kinda boring on the long run. It got boring with Negan already. Hopefully this story arc won't drag too long.

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I can't bring myself to watch any of this season but it's adding up. Has it been any good?

I've wanted to drop the show for some time, but I've watched this much...may as well see it out. Same with Fear.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
I can't bring myself to watch any of this season but it's adding up. Has it been any good?

I've wanted to drop the show for some time, but I've watched this much...may as well see it out. Same with Fear.
Best season since the prison arc, imo. Things have slowed down and there is room to breath, and build characters and the world again.

People aren't constantly in some random shootouts and one upping each others in some crazy schemes, etc. And so far the build up for the new bad guys has been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.