• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I was just looking for an OT. Excited to see there are others looking forward to this game. I am a little worried that it will only be optimized for Oculus but am hoping it will run at 90hz on the Index well.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I was just looking for an OT. Excited to see there are others looking forward to this game. I am a little worried that it will only be optimized for Oculus but am hoping it will run at 90hz on the Index well.
I feel like it's pretty rare these days that things don't run better on Index even if it's 'optimised' or intended for Oculus. I know Index was the recommended platform for Asgard's Wrath by a few places.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like the aesthetic, remind me of Comicbook with a nuance of realism

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Fingers tightly crossed for this. It looks very polished and lengthy for a VR experience, and I hope the final game lives up to the polish I've seen in the trailers, etc.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing this goes live in an hour? Very excited to see Impressions - here's hoping they're good!

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Shit, my wife has the day off too and she just discovered Beat Saber today so she's been hoggin the Index all afternoon.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Rated it a Buy

The game has issues for sure and WMR in particular with overhead strikes are finicky. But hot damn is it fun

tenor.gif

Going to have to get it. :)

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Good reviews so far, and most importantly more than one emphasizing just how fun it is. Can't wait to dive in myself, downloading now.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
I've only played a couple of hours but so far it's been great! It's like a fun mix of Dark Souls, Fallout & even Blade and Sorcery.

Honestly, this is the best Walking Dead experience I've had since Season One of the Telltale series.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Upload VR - 4/5

Despite its minor issues like relatively boring environments, repetitive mission structure, and human AI that leaves a bit to be desired, The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners is easily the best zombie game in VR to date. The shooting mechanics feel heavy and impactful and melee is extremely violent in just the right ways. There's plenty of depth between the survival systems and crafting mechanics and it packs a large and dense adventure unlike anything else out there.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
So like, I'm at work and went on the Oculus phone app to start the download. For some reason it had two desktops listed, i unfortunately picked the wrong one since the names were just Desktop and random letters, now it is stuck on download queued and won't let me cancel and switch to the proper computer. Anyone know how to fix this or am I just gonna have to wait until I get home?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played a couple of hours but so far it's been great! It's like a fun mix of Dark Souls, Fallout & even Blade and Sorcery.

Honestly, this is the best Walking Dead experience I've had since Season One of the Telltale series.

That's an interesting mix of comparisons, and has me more excited for the Telltale part. Well, and definitely Blade & Sorcery :P

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
That's an interesting mix of comparisons, and has me more excited for the Telltale part. Well, and definitely Blade & Sorcery :P
I've uploaded 20 minutes onto our website and YT channel but you'll see this in-game, stabbing zombies in the head produces a truly fantastic squishy sound.

It's the best.

OriginalJonty

Editor at TheSixthAxis
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
TheSixthAxis - 9/10

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners is an excellent VR game that stands out from a lot of what the medium tends to be associated with. The weight of the combat combined with the constant worry that the undead and the living both bring combine for an incredibly gratifying experience. Throw in crafting, the solid writing and meaningful quests and you've got a pretty special game on your hands. This is definitely worth a look if you can stomach more zombies. I mean, kill them, don't eat them.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Glowing reviews. Can't wait for the PSVR version.

atom519

Oct 28, 2017
Only 15min is so far, but the gun angle is going to take a LOT of getting used to coming from Pavlov. Also feel like I'm going to inevitably smash these controllers into my wall trying to kill these walkers lol.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
hmm, game doesn't seem to have index controller support. detecting mine as vive wands, and I can't move with the sticks. anyone else?

Edit: yeah, Vive HMD and Index controllers force the index to be presented and detected as Vive Wands. big oversight by the devs really, tons with the issue, also happens to Pimax users, so basically anyone using Index controllers without the index HMD:

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So I can buy and download the game on Steam but can't on Oculus yet, where I actually pre-ordered it. This is such a bummer I've been waiting all day for this.