• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 11, 2017
India
https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...-the-final-season-confirmed-for-march-release

Skybound Entertainment has today confirmed that those details are correct, with Episode 4: Take Us Back now officially announced for release on March 26th.

As part of the announcement for the Episode 4 release date, Skybound also revealed that a retail version of The Walking Dead: The Final Season will release on the same day. You can find a packshot from the Xbox One release below:

www.trueachievements.com%2fcustomimages%2f092161.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This season has been spectacular so far. Can't wait for the final episode,

so that I can find out just how much of a monster I've made my AJ. :(

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Physical release on Switch and PS4 as well.

https://www.skybound.com/games/telltale-walking-dead-episode-4-release-date-xbox-ps4-switch/

We're excited to announce that when Episode 4, Take Us Back, launches on March 26th, we'll be releasing a physical boxed edition that includes the entire Final Season for Xbox One, PS4, and Switch. This version will be available at all major retailers, including right here in the Skybound Shop. So, for fans looking for a great gift to give, or to actually hold the final chapters of Clem's story in your hands, well, you'll soon have that chance!

Skybound will also be selling the game at their booth at PAX East next month.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
I can't wait for the finale and I'm also not mentally prepared for it. Unfortunately episode 3 felt off to me so hopefully 4 and 5 they pick it back up

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I need to get caught up, is it possible to buy Season 3 on PC anywhere?

I am surprised that they would make this announcement without having already secured distribution for the previous games on the major digital platforms.

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt it will happen, but I'd love the missing seasons on Switch, maybe Skybound will release them at one point. I'd buy them.
Still, at the very least we get a conclusion out of this mess. Never expected that to be honest.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
That's good to hear because IGN I believe didn't really seem to like the episodes all that much so far.
I'm not sure who's reviewing the game at IGN, but I'm loving it. It's easily the best season since the first one in my opinion, and every episode so far has had some really good moments (not just the endings, but all throughout the episodes).

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Is there a chance they might release the entire 4-season collection or was it too much of a struggle just to get the last season out? I might end up getting the 3-season collection then just being the final season separately.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't even get the game to load on my PS4 anymore. Such a bummer 😭

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Still a fucking season pass disc.

No thank you.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Title made me think the TV show was ending and I was about to applaud them for finally wrapping it up lol.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Title made me think the TV show was ending and I was about to applaud them for finally wrapping it up lol.
The show has proven in this season that it still has plenty of life left in it when it's in the right hands. This season's one of the best of the entire run of the show, and has had some of the best episodes of any season. Just my opinion though.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
The show has proven in this season that it still has plenty of life left in it when it's in the right hands. This season's one of the best of the entire run of the show, and has had some of the best episodes of any season. Just my opinion though.

I dropped off a couple seasons ago, maybe I'll make it back someday.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Just got done with my full series replay yesterday and finally jumped into the final season for the first time so I could be caught up for the final episode and I have a progress-blocking bug where I get completely frozen in place. Yaaaaaaay Telltale.

Edit: Welp. Literally can't play the game any more. Rebooted it and I can't load past the title screen. Fully rebooted my console, reinstalled the game, deleted my local save, nothing works.

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the final episode. Don't really see a good thread for it. I'm glad the series was able to be concluded, even though it wa shitty what all happened along the way. It was quite an emotional final episode. I'll miss this series - I liked every game in it except the Michonne sidestory. I know most people haven't truly liked the series since the first season, but I really loved the characters they crafted along the way.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
I'm really not ready for this series to end. Just beat ANF in time to play this as a complete package, I get the feeling many tears will be shed

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up if you want to buy the physical release (in Europe at least): the Switch version only contains the first episode on the cartridge. All other episodes have to be downloaded. The PS4 release has the first three episodes on disc and the final episode is a download. Switch version also costs €10 more... :/. I don't know about the Xbox One version.

I have no idea if the NA release has more content on disc/cartridge. I thought the original announcement of the physical release stated that all episodes would be included on disc but I might be misremembering :/

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Finished, god I'm a wreck.
giphy.gif

Everything became x2 emotional because not only was this the end of The Walking Dead but also the "last" Telltale episode. All I gotta say is that I am satisfied with how the story ended. A bit bitter sweet and open ended but a great send off to the franchise and Telltale. Damn man I'm gonna miss them.

My Final Telltale Ranking:
Masterpiece
Walking Dead S1 - The one that started it all.
The Wolf Among Us - The game changer.

Excellent
Tales from the Borderlands - One of the funniest games I have ever played.
Batman Enemy Within - One of the best stories that explores the Batman/Joker relationship.
Sam and Max S3 - The last of Telltale's old school point and click.
Tales of Monkey Island - Gave Monkey Island another chance in life.

Great
Walking Dead Final Season - A great conclusion to one of the best videogame protagonist.
Sam and Max S1 & S2 - The games that put Telltale on the map.
Back to the Future - Honestly, the best sequel you could ever ask for BTTF.
Batman S1 - A solid reimagining of the Batman mythos.

OK
Walking Dead S2 & S3 - Solid attempts at repeating the success of S1 but only Clem ended up being the best part about each game.
Game of Thrones - A solid attempt at replicating the harsh world of westeros but got held down by the limitations of the TV Show.

Poor
Guardians of the Galaxy - Okay in some scenarios but had a lot of lazy writing and predictable outcomes.
TWD Michonne - A weak and short entry when compared to its predecessors.
Jurassic Park - Its just bad.

Last edited:

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Just finished the last chapter..... GOD DAMN! Thank you to everybody involved in making this possible, I love this game, I love Clem.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Finished it. It put me through a whirlwind of emotions, I'm really going to miss the series, and it's a bittersweet end for the Telltale team.

But yeah, really going to miss the series and Clementine.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Were you all able to sign in with your Telltale account? I wasn't able to import my decisions from the previous games. Still had the save file from season 3 but they want me to make decisions again and I have no idea how I originally decided on them.

Tried to log in on the Telltale site but that also gives me an error
Looks like something went awry. Please try again in a minute.

Kinda sucks. I really don't feel like making decisions again when I can't remember their context.

Last edited: