• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nothere

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry i need to vent.

I've been a LONG time Fifa fan, playing every iteration for the past 21 years and i find it really sad that while i see advances in a LOT of areas of the game, others are archaic and borderline unfair. My fav. mode of play is what was once called Be-a-Pro mode, now Carrer mode. I love controlling a single player on the field as it brings forth a different kind of awareness as you have to think of positioning constantly and managing stamina. Thing is, the other 10/11 parts of your team are handled by AI. That's whats been pissing me off about the game lately. Granted, it drove me insane on 16 and 17 also... but now i'm coming to terms this will not be addressed since the focus seems to be on the FUT thing.

The way the game handles increasing difficulty is absurd. You see opposing teams trying for complex plays, playing defense like a real team, being patient and all. Your team mates on the other hand are COMPLETELY DEPENDENT on your actions to even function like a football team. They rarely intercept passes, they for sure NEVER steal a ball on a 1-1 scenario. If they recover a loosing ball on defense and detect the absolute minimal pressure from opponents, they just kick the ball outside. They suck on positioning and ball control on passes is also ridiculous. This is borderline unfair. As you increase difficulty, your team's AI gets WORSE... this is not how it should be.

Any Be-a-Pro fans out there? How do you cope with this BS?

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Sounds like Madden too tbh, I'm not even sure they've fixed the zone cheese. EA don't care, they know where the profit is in these games.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not FUT related, it won't be improved...

Even in FUT it works pretty much the same in single player. The higher the difficulty not only the other team is better but your own players are getting worse. Worse at getting a first touch right, worse at getting the right speed on a pass, worse in tackling (the same kind of tackle will be less sure of taking the ball the higher the difficulty). Even penalties in the most innocent 1 vs 1 jumps for a header will happen more often.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Tbh I've always found playing with or against the a.i almost as frustrating as getting beat by a shit talking 12 year old(thanks for no mute all option Sony/ea)..

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
PES is the same this year.

In the second to highest difficulty, all the teams play like Barcelona. Some nobody mid rated forward will get a hat trick on you if you're not on top of him all time. Teams will string up the most insane unstoppable goals.

It's so terrible...

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
I don't usually play FIFA but I hear you as PES is also guilty of this in some similar ways. It might be me but the CPU is always faster than you attacking and defending when playing in the hardest difficulties.

When games do this it puts me off of playing them as it just feels like a cheap way to increase difficulty.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
It's always been like that in every FIFA since I can remember. There's no AI increase involved it's just "everybody plays like Barcelona" and that's the end of it.