• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
jcq082xppqi01.jpg

via Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/80lptx/witcher_2_the_next_enhanced_360_game_for_xbox_one/

Albert Penello recently tweeted this

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I think that would be a pretty freaking great add.

Personally, I have a hard time going back to 2 and haven't been motivated enough to play it again to get the achievements I missed. This might help get me back into it, though.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
This was one of the big ones I was hoping for. The art in the header is also from the second game correct?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a mistake to me

But I wouldn't mind having 4k iorveth adventures

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you can see the message on your dashboard then how is it a rumour? They usually put up that stuff is Enchanced early.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think that's an obvious typo. While the heading talks about Witcher 2 - the linked games refer to Witcher 3. The Witcher 3 Xbox One X patch is also pretty fresh, so it's about that I guess.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I would much rather have Red Dead Redemption.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The single game I would most like to see get the treatment. And presuming MS is comarketing Cyberpunk, would make sense.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unexpected, but should actually look really good! I can see them doing more than resolution improvements to it!

Hope we get some games that are only playable on the 360/PS3 gen. I'd love a healthy mix of games like that and ones that are on PC as well. Patches for games like Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, Assassin's Creed, and so on aren't nearly as exciting for me as the patches for Halo 3, Skate 3, and Gears of War 3 are since they are console bound.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I think that's an obvious typo. While the heading talks about Witcher 2 - the linked games refer to Witcher 3. The Witcher 3 Xbox One X patch is also pretty fresh, so it's about that I guess.
Yet the artwork is from TW2. Maybe it isn't there because it hasn't been enhanced yet? Or maybe someone updated the header without actually updating the games list.

Jan 2, 2018
NICE! Never played it- will be interesting seeing how it compares to the PC version maxed out. Are the enhanced 360 games are 'just' a resolution bump?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yet the artwork is from TW2. Maybe it isn't there because it hasn't been enhanced yet? Or maybe someone updated the header without actually updating the games list.
Yeah, this is what I thought about too, so I looked up where I could find the official art and yeah... it was on CDProjectRed's official site.
sIrUYls.jpg

If it's a mistake then it seems it's more than just an obvious typo.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
This would be awesome, Witcher 2 looked gorgeous on 360.

Being able to play Halo 3 and Gears 3 at 4K has been one of my favorite features of the console.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It always makes me laugh how we are in 2018 but yet we still get the same shitty off-screen shakey cam leaks like its still 2005.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, The Witcher 2 is a pretty ugly game. I'm playing it maxed out on PC, and it's... Sure, it'll be an improvement over the older Xbox version, but it's a Lipstick on a Pig kinda situation. Still, it's great to see MS putting in the work.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
It always makes me laugh how we are in 2018 but yet we still get the same shitty off-screen shakey cam leaks like its still 2005.

how can you properly believe its a leak without a shaky blurry picture from someone photographing what they shouldnt, in a hurry feeling the rush of DANGER? dont bring sense into this

That's cool. I wonder if they'd patch in the combat overhaul as well.

they obviously wont
graphic enhancements =/= gameplay mods

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
D0W3XQN.jpg

Okay. Probably not a typo.
After clicking on that just now, Witcher 2 shows up in the list underneath now. Still doesn't say Xbox One X Enhanced on the store page though.

edit: like this!
WZ5cSWs.jpg

please excuse crummy cell phone pic. Don't feel like dealing with camera now.

edit2: Here's me not being lazy and not using a cellphone camera when I can just stream and screenshot it on my PC
6QPJb3H.jpg

Last edited:

King Onion

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I actually liked Witcher 2 way more than 3. I think the structure is leagues ahead of the open world of 3, it allows for roaming and exploration while also going deep in story trees. It's a better balance.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
That's cool. I wonder if they'd patch in the combat overhaul as well.
I tried that out a little while after it was increased and I thought it made the combat worse, though maybe I wasn't playing it right. The original system was at least perfunctory, I couldn't make heads or tails of the modded one and got nowhere.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
The game already looked stunning on 360. This would actually be a good reason for me to go back for another playthrough.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Witcher 2 is good but hard to go back to after Witcher 3
Dunno, i feel like they try vastly different things in their game design, so its not like witcher 2 is a "witcher 3, but poorer/older".

Depending who you ask both games have terrible combat as well so its not like its hard to get back from a gameplay perspective. Never had trouble with both

Oct 26, 2017
I think they meant to say Witcher 2 enhanced edition on Xbox One X, but still odd why they would specifically say Xbox One X instead of just Xbox One. Plus isn't W2 back compatible for a while now anyway?

Nov 28, 2017
Nice. The X360 BC program is a fantastic feature on X1 that needs a bit more of PR from MSFT. A gift that keeps on giving. Gears 3 on the X1 was a striking upgrade (visually) from vanilla. Hope to see something similar here.

That said, CDPR should release a complete Witcher Trilogy SKU (with all DLC's for the games included) for current and future gen consoles so that the console-only playerbase can finally play the BEST Witcher game in the series, the original Witcher.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I think they meant to say Witcher 2 enhanced edition on Xbox One X, but still odd why they would specifically say Xbox One X instead of just Xbox One. Plus isn't W2 back compatible for a while now anyway?

It's worded in a way to say Witcher 2 has been Xbox X enhanced. Different from saying play Witcher 2 enhanced edition on Xbox One X. I think it is BC, but enhancing it for the Xbox X is very different.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
That said, CDPR should release a complete Witcher Trilogy SKU (with all DLC's for the games included) for current and future gen consoles so that the console-only playerbase can finally play the BEST Witcher game in the series, the original Witcher.

I'd love to play through the original Witcher, but the way it works always weirded me out. I don't see a reason why it couldn't work on consoles either, so yeah... that's be pretty nice.