• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
I've played Witcher 3, expansions and all 3 times on PS4 and I am soooo down to grab it on Switch and dump another 100+ hours into it. Taking it on the go is a massive pro for me. I'm in, super hyped.

Gorthaur

Oct 28, 2017
Well, congrats I guess? But it would have to be a very downgraded version. Why would anyone want to play such a version of a game like The Witcher III? An honest question.
Honest answer: because I don't own a ps4 nor a Xbox one as I'm done with gaming at home (two kids, one of them a newborn and crazy shifts). It's my only way to play this game so I'm good.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Witcher3_Switch_06112019_09.png

This looks good, too good. Certain to be downgraded further, for Switch.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
This is the most ambitious port on the Switch and it proves that practically everything will run on the switch with enough optimization. Now we wait for digital foundry to see if the fps doesn't shit itself, because if not this game is golden.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can't wait for some gameplay on this port.

Never played this and if it's solid enough, I might buy it on switch - otherwise I might finally buy the Xbox One version.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Looks pretty bad, but if this is the only way you can play Witcher 3, I'm not gonna judge.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reading this thread you would think people want the game to perform badly just so they can say 'I told you so'

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That this is a reality is a miracle. Perhaps it's been explained, but how is this possible when 60 FPS Bloodstained was unachievable? Thanks, bye.
It's tough to compare such different games. People have referred to Assassin's Creed 3 performing as a reason why this would be impossible, but then they neglected strong ports like DQXI, MK11, Doom and Wolfenstein 2. In the end, a strong effort towards porting the game on Switch will make such games possible. Square Enix did it with DQXI, and it is now looking like an incredibly beautiful game for the Switch. The amount of resources and time poured into a port, along with the proficiency of the studio porting the game, will make a big difference as to how the port comes out.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
So weird how negative people are on this for merely existing. Think it looks like trash compared to whatever you played it on? Then don't play it maybe?

Great that it's actually The Witcher 3 that made it over and not just a port of Gwent.
I actually really want a port of Gwent and Thronebreaker, so hopefully they come later.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I am interested in this despite the visuals, but will wait for a DF video to examine performance.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I think the game looks pretty damn amazing. It was never going to look like the PS4 versions, but I think it still looks great. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It looks serviceable, what else were people expecting?

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
After Xenoblade 2 I'm fine with graphics taking a hit if gameplay remains solid. So long as the audio isn't borked I just want talk to the characters and play on the go. Did someone mention who's porting this yet?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If they can get it running at stable 30fps it's a win. But dude, BOTW struggled on switch, how can it handle this?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
People being mad at this is my favourite. Funnier than Konami's legendary e3 show.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Don't understand why people are mad or exclaiming it looks bad when it looks better than it should considering the hardware

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
So what you are saying is because the game looks 'bad' (notice the quotation marks?) that it ruins the gameplay? Sorry people that play previous gen games; those games have terrible gameplay now, according to this poster...
I think the gameplay experience includes the visuals, and therefore that poor visuals can negatively impact the gameplay experience.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think the gameplay experience includes the visuals, and therefore that poor visuals can negatively impact the gameplay experience.
The game is already mediocre and I played it on ultra detail on my HIGH END PC. They should have just ported Gwent, the best part of the witcher 3 anyway. The rest is mediocre.

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
Seemed to me that the graphics were stylized to fit the Switch instead of simply downgraded. I though it looked very respectable given the console's specs.

Thought for a minute about double dipping, as I never played the DLCs on PS4 and this version includes both of them. Too many other games, though, so "double dipping" isn't gonna be part of my vocabulary for a while.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still in awe that the whole game and all DLC is on the cart. I really want to know if they're using a 32Gb cart and if Nintendo takes the bullet and gives them to CDPR for cheap.

Btw. the first one who recreates the Geralt in bathtub scene while playing the Witcher 3 in a bathtub gets internet fame.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Unless you've played it at 60fps 4K with a fuckload of graphics mods, you really haven't experienced this game at all.

I don't actually believe that, but I have graphics modded it to hell on my PC and I just haven't gotten into it yet. With that said, I'll probably get it on switch because it's way easier to get into games on that platform for me.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why you gotta pick holes in everything. Seems like a sad life.

The Witcher 3 is a big, big game. All my FIFA and COD playing mates adore it, it's up there with Skyrim as a game that casual gamers know about and have had a dabble in.

Exciting times for people who fancy it on the move who can't justify the big screen time, what with all the other games being released on the big consoles.

Because the first 2 games might be easier to port and it gives the player a much better understanding of the world and the witcher lore when they play W3?

I played 1 after 3 and that was a mistake.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Why is this thread so large lol!!

It looks like the Witcher 3 and if they got it to run in a playable form then bravo to the devs. It looks better than I expected as well.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Shouldn't we maybe wait to see how it runs and looks before declaring victory?
LOL

I love how folks keep moving goal posts. First it was that the listing of TW3 for Switch was an obvious mistake because the Switch could never run it. And then when it became more likely that it would happen people were saying it would look and run like crap. And now it's been confirmed and you're gonna wait for a DF review before relenting. Some people hate to admit they're wrong. wow

Matterhorn

Feb 6, 2019
United States
I put together a quick comparison video of moving footage shown in the initial trailers for both Switch and PC. The Switch version looks pretty good, IMO. vestan

Last edited:

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL

I love how folks keep moving goal posts. First it was that the listing of TW3 for Switch was an obvious mistake because the Switch could never run it. And then when it became more likely that it would happen people were saying it would look and run like crap. And now it's been confirmed and you're gonna wait for a DF review before relenting. Some people hate to admit they're wrong. wow

Digital Foundry could sing praises about this port and people here would still have a problem with its existence

Status
Not open for further replies.